1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by LeonBestIsMint, Jan 15, 2015.

1. LeonBestIsMint

Hi there, I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask a set of questions to opposition fans, last time I got a good response here, which is why I'm back. The questions are:

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
    2 – When you get into Europoe will it be a one off or is it part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular?
    3 – Are you confident of getting into the top four?
    4 – Clyne and Bertrand have both impressed at full back. How confident are you of keeping Clyne after this season, and of signing Bertrand on a permanent deal?
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
    8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday? And who can replace them?
    9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider?
    10 – Scoreline prediction?

Thanks in advance!

2. ThatThereSaintsFan

ThatThereSaintsFan Well-Known Member

1. Us 4th, You 9th.

2. Hopefully it won't be a one off but I can't see the other big clubs being this crap next year.

3. Injury dependent but yes.

4. Depends where we finish but pretty sure Betrand will sign, less confident about Clyne but still not worried.

5. Pelle for er no reaaaaal reason....

6. A striker and probably a centreback if we keep going 3 at the back.

7. Chocolate covered Hob Nob because it took the biscuit world by storm.

8. A massive miss. Cork and Reed will most likely replace them, two very good players as well but I'd be far more confident with Victor and Morgan.

9. I'd rather you get a **** manager because if you get a decent one then your squad at the moment is probably strong enough for top 8, with a few more signings you'd push on to where we are at the minute.

10. 1-2. Think we'll win but not keep a clean sheet purely based on the number of defensive players we've got out.

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Enjoy the game, but not too much.

4. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

1. Us 4th , Newcastle 10th
    2. No reason why we can't have it as a regular occurence.
    3. It will be hard but we've been up there all season so yeah.
    4. Not worried too much about Clyne. Confident about Bertrand.
    5. James Ward-Prowse, can help me with my exams !
    6. I think we will sign a striker but also need a centre back.
    7. Jammy Dodger - Red and White on the inside
    8. They will be a big miss but confident that Cork and Ward Prowse will cope.
    9. Big club with very strong squad that isn't run as well as it could.
    10. Head says 1-1 but I think we can snatch it 2-1.

5. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Excellent username.

6. SoriaSaints

SoriaSaints Well-Known Member

1. Saints 3, 4, 5 or 6 (too early to say for certain, depends on form, injuries etc but probably will be in one European competition). Newcastle 8, 9 or 10, you've got a top half table team which isn't good enough to challenge for Europe.
    2. That's the ambition. We need a bigger squad to compete in both in Europe and the Premier League though. The incompetence at Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs should make places 3 to 6 more competitive for teams outside of the big 6 this season.
    3. Never confident with Saints even when we are doing well.
    4. If we are in Europe yes, Champions League definitely. This goes for Clyne and Bertrand as well as Schneiderlin.
    5. Chris Marsden so I can say I have a footbal genius in the house.
    6. Probably not. If we do it would be for a loan signing for centre back.as we are short in this area with Yoshida away and Alderweireld injured.
    7. A small choc chip cookie. There are bigger cookies around but we're more tasty nonetheless
    8. Now Cork is back not so much. In my opinion Schneiderlin is a bigger miss than Wanyama
    9. You could write a soap opera on the shenanigans at Newcastle. Your never in the news about what happens on the pitch. This is what is holding you back from being successful
    10. 0-1 Saints don't score many away from home but we are more than solid in defence. You will do well to score.

7. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

1 – 6th 9th
    2 – part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular?
    3 – we are there , but won't stay there IMHO .
    4 – Clyne and Bertrand Not confident & very confident
    5 – N/A
    6 – Dream would be for all current players to sign LONG term binding contracts + a Back up goalie ( would like Artur back )
    7 – SFC is like a box of Chocolates................
    8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday?
    9 – Simply MASSIVE fan base , but apart from that , no real interest . I am neutral towards you .
    10 – 1-2 :(

8. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? 4th & 10th - above Swans below Stoke
    2 – When you get into Europe will it be a one off or is it part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular? Reglier
    3 – Are you confident of getting into the top four? Less so with current Injuries but Ron is a genius so who knows
    4 – Clyne and Bertrand have both impressed at full back. How confident are you of keeping Clyne after this season, and of signing Bertrand on a permanent deal? Confident, they love it here
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Eric Cantona because he's so damn French and philosophical
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? Yes, we keep breaking our defensive midfielders and we need competition for Pelle
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers, small yet perfectly formed and capable of taking on the world of larger flashier looking biscuits
    8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday? And who can replace them? How can you not miss them, but this is a team game so we'l have to see. Corky and Harry or Steve Davis, although I like Stevo in a more free role
    9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider? Always enjoy chatting with Toon fans individually but as represented as a group in the media they seem plagued by the feeling that they should be winning everything. Probably haven't had the board they deserve for a long time. A bit Mad to get rid of Pardew. Palace's gain, your loss.
    10 – Scoreline prediction? 1-2

9. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? 3rd and 9th respectively.
    2 – When you get into Europoe will it be a one off or is it part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular? Will be harder next season but we will be better prepared. Our squad will be stronger, both with transfers and with Academy players coming through.
    3 – Are you confident of getting into the top four? Yes.
    4 – Clyne and Bertrand have both impressed at full back. How confident are you of keeping Clyne after this season, and of signing Bertrand on a permanent deal? Confident of tying Bertrand down, but Clyne staying depends on us getting CL football.
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Ron Davies, so he wouldn't be dead.
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? Goalkeeper, CB, striker needed. No idea who.
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Amaretti. Small with big pretensions and an Italian punch.
    8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday? And who can replace them? Hugely missed but we have Harrison Reed, James Ward-Prowse, Steve Davis and Jack Cork who can all fill the hole.
    9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider? You should employ The True Geordie as your manager. I've no idea how good a job he would do but his post-match interviews would be brilliant.
    10 – Scoreline prediction? 0-1.

All the best for the rest of the season after Saturday.

Saint Babarussi likes this.
  10. tiggermaster

tiggermaster Well-Known Member

1. I'd like to think 3rd but would be happy with 4th. Your lot 8/7th
    2. Who knows?! Don't think our owner is in it for the short term, so am hopeful.
    3.Depends on whether our injury lengthens, given our best 18 to choose from 3rd looks good.
    4.Bertrand wants to stay. Clyne, Cards and chest spring to mind but the chance of CL football could be a clincher. I like a lot of Cs..
    5. Jim Steele, it's his round...
    6. Back up goalie, Centre back who can cover Right Back, Pacey striker..
    7.Weetabix Oaty Bar. Traditional but modern. (and they are very tasty).
    8. Not the most important, but in the top 6. They will be missed, but am confident replacements will do a job.
    9. Hope your owner can sell you to someone who wants to invest. It's about time the provincial clubs started upsetting the SQ.
    10. 1-1

11. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?

Us: Between 3-8. Newcastle: 10-15. Probably much closer to 10.

2 – When you get into Europoe will it be a one off or is it part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular?

It's definitely the club's ambition to cement itself as a European regular. Whether it will be a one off or not remains to be seen. I like the management at the club but the playing field isn't exactly level, it's very hard to break that glass ceiling.

3 – Are you confident of getting into the top four?
    Not confident, no. But I think it is a very realistic possibility.

4 – Clyne and Bertrand have both impressed at full back. How confident are you of keeping Clyne after this season, and of signing Bertrand on a permanent deal?

I like the odds for each individual player.... say a 60-75% chance. So I think we have a high probability of keeping one or the other. Keeping both is a coin flip.

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?

Andrew Surman. He seems like a nice guy who would keep his room neat and not kick up too much of a fuss.

6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?

We have some injury issues so a loan or good signing wouldn't go amiss. But I also wouldn't want to pay over-the-odds to bring someone in. We're okay. I'd like to see us sign Ings, but maybe that can be done when he is available on a free.

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?

What I call a biscuit is vastly different than what English/European people think of as a biscuit so I can't answer this.

8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday? And who can replace them?

Wanyama to me is a bigger loss than Schneiderlin just because of Wanyama's physical presence. Cork is a solid player, however. I've been impressed with Reed as well. Either of them should theoretically be able to step in and do the job against NUFC. It's the cumulative loss of Schneiderlin AND Wanyama and Alderwield and Mane and Yoshida that hurts.

9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider?

I think Pardew is a great manager, but also a complete douche. It's kind of hard to figure how those two factors balance out and then what to expect now that he has left. The team talent is decent enough, but no great shakes. Not much reason to worry, but also not that much to be optimistic about for the future bar some extremely astute transfers.

10 – Scoreline prediction?

Newcastle 0-1 Saints. I think that Saints will look the better side, but with all the subs a lack of team familiarity will lead to some inefficient play. Newcastle will play tough, better than many might expect. But in the end Saints will tuck one away and the defense is solid enough to make that goal count.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  12. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

1 – Saints 4-6 (hopefully 4th); Newcastle 8/9th
    2 – The clubs plan has always been for us to be a European regular. Done well so far in a few years, so why not?
    3 – A strong possibility...too early to be confident.
    4 – Think Bertrand will sign; Clyne is still under contract...hope he will re-sign, but possibly not.
    5 – Fonte, but not in the spare room:emoticon-0110-tongu
    6 – Would like a striker as back up; and a back up keeper (apparently the club feel this is unnecessary).
    7 – Cadbury chocolate fingers...because everything should be a Cadbury chocolate finger:emoticon-0110-tongu
    8 – Big miss though Cork can replace Schneiderlin (if fit) and a dumper truck can replace Big Vic.
    9_ Newcastle have been a bit lost. You may regret losing Pardew...we like him here and nice to see hm looking happy at CP. Newcastle will be alright though if they get the right manager in...we certainly are.
    10 – low score Saints win, but wouldn't be surprised with a draw.

13. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? - 6th/9th
    2 – When you get into Europoe will it be a one off or is it part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular? Regular.
    3 – Are you confident of getting into the top four? I don't think our squad is deep enough to stay there this season.
    4 – Clyne and Bertrand have both impressed at full back. How confident are you of keeping Clyne after this season, and of signing Bertrand on a permanent deal?There seems to be ITK rumours that Nathan's not playing on a new contract and I suspect they may be right as any Saints player called up for international duty is firmly tapped up. We'll sign Bertrand.
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?Tony Currie. Great player and all round good bloke.
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?No and none. January is the time to buy if you're the sort of person who shops on Black Friday believing they are getting a bargain.
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?Garibaldi. Because I like them
    8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday? And who can replace them?Last time we were without them we stuffed Everton 3-0. Pundits said it was bad play by Everton but that always say that. We can live without them for the odd game. Harrison Reed is a terrier of a midfielder; watch out for him.
    9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider?Love your fans' passion, but it sometimes gets in the way of good long-term decisions.
    10 – Scoreline prediction?1-2. We're away and you've been stringing some good results together,

14. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

Missed that game and therefore forgot they were both missing. Gives me more confidence that we can survive without them for a little while. Thanks

15. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? 6th and 12th
    2 – When you get into Europoe will it be a one off or is it part of the clubs ambition to cement itself as a European regular? Most likely a one off if we get there
    3 – Are you confident of getting into the top four? No.
    4 – Clyne and Bertrand have both impressed at full back. How confident are you of keeping Clyne after this season, and of signing Bertrand on a permanent deal? Bertrand yes, Clyne only if we make top four, so think he will go
    5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? No idea
    6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? A striker and a centre back ideally
    7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Fortune cookie, you always are hopeful but mainly end up disappointed/confused
    8 – Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama are arguably the most important players in your side, how big a miss will they be on Saturday? And who can replace them? Be a big miss and am a bit worried about Sissoko dominating the midfield, hopefully he is shoved out wide
    9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider? Big fan base, thats about it
    10 – Scoreline prediction? 0-2