1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR V Leeds Utd Match thread - Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 3, 2016.

?

SCORELINE : QPR V Leeds Utd

Poll closed Aug 7, 2016.
  1. 0-0

2.4%
  2. 1-1

26.2%
  3. 2-2

7.1%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. QPR by 1

21.4%
  6. Leeds by 1

28.6%
  7. QPR by 2

16.7%
  8. Leeds by 2

14.3%
  9. QPR by 3 or more

7.1%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

QPR..... V .....Leeds Utd
    Sunday 7th August 2016 @12.00
    Queens Park Rangers v Leeds United

English
    KO - 12.00GMT |

Flash Links

CRICFREE EN

CRICHD EN

IBRODTV EN

LIVEONLINE EN

FREEHD EN

WIZHD EN

Acestream Links

Streamer Language Link
    SS1
    EN

ARENAVISION 26 ES

ARENAVISION 27 ES

Its back ladies and gentlemen

And this time it's stronger......

Leeds kick off their season making the long trip down the A1 to play QPR this Sunday lunchtime having undoubtedly strengthened their squad under new Manager Garry Monk.

New options will be available to the gaffer having bought in Hernandez, Sacko, Roofe, Grimes, Bartley and Antonsson. Former QPR shotstopper Rob Green looks set to face his former club.

There is a fitness doubt over Berardi who has been spend the pre season campaign on the physio table, and has only been training for the last 10 days. Similarly Cooper has has a niggling calf strain, and may not feature.

QPR on the other hand have bought in Jack Bidwell, Ariel Borysiuk, Jordan Cousins, and Joel Lynch; all for undisclosed fee's whilst Leroy Fer and Matt Phillips have left Loftus Road for circa 5m a piece.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Due to it being the first game of the season, you are all allowed 2 votes each.

Poll closes in 99 hours!!!

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

QPR have made weird signings. None of which particularly strengthens them too much imo. I expect them to be a mid table team at best this season.

Us? Well that's an entirely different story. Could be a train wreck in all honesty but to me it seems like we have tried to change the squad enough. Unconvinced by some signings but I think we were totally predictable attacking last season and we've made enough signings in attacking areas that hopefully it'll be different.

4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

First games of the season and there are always freak results. Perhaps we might even get an away win who knows?
    As a point of order the shortest and quickest route to Loftus Road from Elland Road is via the M1 not the A1.

LeedsLover and patb like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

First game, new team, new way of playing so a draw for me. I do however have to be optimistic Meg and say we will be stronger in all areas and will see goals from this lot. The team isnt yet complete and Hernandez when fully fit will be the difference we have needed. I only hope we are going to shore up our CB area and hope Beradi and Taylor have great seasons

McGreedy to Villa for £14m ffs

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, I wouldn't like to call this one, I fear we have too many new faces and too few preseason games for them to gel. A win would be great, a draw okay and a defeat not the end of the world unless we get utterly turned over.

Until they settle I think points will be very hard earned so going for 1-1

Farsleyexile likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

The Norwich fans took exception when I popped by the other day and warned them what they looked like they were getting. I bet they are in agreement now. How this scumbag manipulates his clubs for personal gain is utterly shocking and I cant believe clubs are still falling for it..

parnee-uk likes this.
  8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the invitation to breakfast. As an effete Londoner, I'll have the muesli and yoghurt.

All logic says that we (QPR) will be a mid table team this season, but in a fit of pre season irrationality, I think we could do better. If Jimmy actually gets us playing the way he says he wants us to, high energy high pressing, it will at least be a bit more fun to watch than last season. By all accounts we were very impressive in our final friendly against an undercooked Watford. We have no cash now, so our purchases are canny rather than eye catching, and all funded by sales.

I'm afraid Rob Green may throw it away for you on Sunday, like he did so many times for us. A good, sometimes brilliant, shot stopper, his judgement and confidence are iffy at best, and he has the worst distribution I have ever seen in a keeper. I'm sure your squad would be significantly strengthened by the addition of Sandro and Stephen Caulker. Go on, please. Pretty please.

As always we will offer a warm welcome to MASSIVE Leeds, even at the unholy hour of 12.00 on a Sunday.

All the best, narrow win for QPR.

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't seen Silvestri play - if you don't beat this shower, it will be a long season for QPR as Leeds look set to be the whipping boys this year <ok>

10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

11. Josh-LUFC

Guarantee Green will have better distribution than sloppy silvestri <laugh>

Having said that, not at all convinced he is a good enough goalkeeper to be in anything more than a mid table team. Just have to have a good defence in front of him but not sure we have that either...

Having grown up with QPR as my local team I always sorta followed them. Even went to a fair few games including what was a memorable game for me at the play-off final in league 1 against Cardiff some years back. Sorta lost interest in them recently though

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

What's the story supporting Leeds if you grew up in West London? Though to be fair I had a couple of schoolmates in the early seventies who followed Leeds, despite being in north west London.

Two of my most memorable games at Loftus Road were against Leeds, though a long time ago. Last game of your championship season 73/74 when we had our biggest ever crowd at LR, over 35,000 (impossible to imagine now) and you packed the School End, which was a bank of terracing back then. You won of course. A couple of seasons later you were our last home game in our 'great, but not quite great enough' season, we won to finish our season top of the league, only to have Liverpool steal the title two weeks after the season should have finished.

Given the kick off time and telly I'm guessing you will only have the upper tier of the School End on Sunday.

13. Chippy / Glory

Kick off time and tele wouldn't make a difference we would fill both tiers if you allocated them to us.

Regarding Greens distribution, having seen him play on Saturday I can already say that in one friendly game he is far better than Silvestri was at any point in the last two seasons. That's faint praise because everyone competing in the paralympics would be better with the ball in hand or kicking it than Silvestri.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Irishshako, Doc and sb_73 like this.
  14. Chippy / Glory

Just!

15. Josh-LUFC

Dad supported Leeds. Only reason I did. I only started supporting them properly when I went to my first home game and the atmosphere was incredible

sb_73 likes this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

Morning Old dog of the sea...

We can see you sneaking in!

17. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

FFS, just realized the time on Sunday, shall be in work till 4.30, maybe have to schedule a site visit that day <whistle>

18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

What did they allocate us the usual paltry 1,800?

19. Chippy / Glory

Not a member, so cant get a ticket so don't check these days.
    it's a terrible view from the upper tier.
    I know someone that used to work at the BBC and he was always good for a directors box ticket.

20. Chippy / Glory

Mosques have wifi. Become a muzzie!

: Its Back