1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 7, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Draw

3. Dramas

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

What else did he say in his post match interview?

2. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

Regarding the performance he said we didn't win in the moments but thought we played well with goals coming against run of play. Kind of put the blame on Allsop for the second goal says he should have cleared it given the circumstances. Refused to comment on the ref's performance said he hadn't seen the penalty incident

No other injuries from the game. Jones wanted to play, Rosenior said he should be with his family. Lokilo tweaked his hamstring apparently not serious.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  3. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

As I pointed out in my other post on Vaughn he did not look soft today.
    With regards to Tiufan we either need to play him or get rid. He is too good a player to be sat on the bench and be given morsels at the end of the game when its too late to effect the game to any great extent.
    He should start the next game in place of Twine.

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  4. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

Was furlong on the bench today

5. Howdentiger2

Ta

6. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

I have always thought he is a very good keeper.

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Played a good bit of football lately... maybe needs a week or two off...

Ernie Shackleton likes this.
  8. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

Maybe. Won't do our chances of getting any points from a tough few games much good though

9. Howdentiger2

Shows how reliant we are on a single player to be a success, we aren't going to worry the playoffs if that continues

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  10. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

Just Bowen all over again

11. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

He said we were brilliant and he is the best coach in the world,also said southgate is keeping tabs on alsop as a possible call up for England for the Euros,also said tigers 1970 knows what he's on about

12. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

As I live in SW London, home already and sympathy to the fans travelling back to Hull after that. Please excuse a bit of as post match rant (it's therapeutic you understand). I'll reserve it for 3 people:
    i) The referee - every 50 /50 decision seemed to go their way including the penalty.
    ii) Adama Traore - hope the lad can resume his career in Franc or somewhere but he's stealing a living as a Championship player. Liam not totally excused for playing him as a right winger but really ineffective even mpore centrally and his failure to close down on their first goal truly awful . Relieved he'll be going to the African Cup
    iii) And more controversially I'm sure, but I'm also pretty confident that 5-6 weeks without Seri will benefit us in the long term as will allow us to find someone better in that role. Personally think he's too slow, too nonchalant, can't tackle, can't shoot and doesn't impact the game anywhere near enough in the opponent's half. Apart from that...

13. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

In fairness Vaughan looked better today. Thought against WBA he looked like a schoolboy thrown on against men. If everything was ok with our back 4 I'd be ok with playing him but the thought of him and Coyle on the left does make me a bit concerned defensively

14. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

QPR boss Marti Cifuentes:

"He (Willock) showed the quality he has. But I'm not surprised - I said from day one that Chris and Ilias will be very important for us.

"I'm pleased about Chris recovering a smile, because I felt he was a bit low on confidence.

"That was very natural when a player has not been playing for a while. Now he is playing at a level where it's not easy to take the ball from him and he's also working hard when we don't have the ball.

"He's starting to be decisive for us in the last third and I think he is a player that, with his quality and potential, he can score more than he has done earlier in his career."

Hull City head coach Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"Both goals they scored we were in control of the game in that moment, so we have to stay switched on from minute one to minute 100, or however long the fourth official puts the time up for, and that's why we lost the game.

"Their goalkeeper made some outstanding saves, and we just need to learn on the job.

"It's not an excuse, we're here to win games of football, but I said to the players after the game 'I like this team'.

"I like my team, I see what I want from this team, and if we keep performing to the levels we're performing at, everything else will take care of itself

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  15. Howdentiger2

How long has that bolded part been said for now and it's not changing. The conceding silly goals isn't taking care of itself and the lack of cutting edge isn't taking care of itself.

The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.....

16. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

worse we had Grosicki too.

17. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Allsopp----whapp-wapp-opps..

18. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

The squad is still totally over balanced. Too many number ineffective number 10s and not enough wingers. Philogene gets injured we are doomed as we don’t really have any width. Not to worry I’d have taken this before season started. Jan is massive but we at that every year. Don’t panic!

Also can have a keeper good with his hand not just his feet.

HCAFCHangout likes this.
  19. Howdentiger2

Alsopp had shown he's not great with his hands and today also not great with his feet under pressure. He's not the answer at all and should be dropped

20. Professor Tiger

Professor Tiger Active Member

Allsop first choice as he’s better with his feet - can’t say I go along with that given he gifted them their second goal?