1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR manager Harry Redknapp defends his decision not to start Adel Taarabt

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 18, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR manager Harry Redknapp defends his decision not to start Adel Taarabt
    • Hoops boss did not start Taarabt against Manchester United
    • The 67-year-old says he did not want to disrupt his home system
    • QPR lost 2-0 to United at Loftus Road
    • They are 19th in the Premier League table with 19 points
    By Sean Gallagher for MailOnline
    Published: 20:39 GMT, 17 January 2015 | Updated: 20:39 GMT, 17 January 2015

QPR boss Harry Redknapp defended his decision not to include Adel Taarabt in his starting line-up against Manchester United, as the R's fell to a second successive Premier League defeat on Saturday.
    The 67-year-old, who had an extraordinary bust-up with the Moroccan earlier in this season, brought Taarabt in from the cold to start him in the defeat against Burnley last Saturday – with the 25-year-old putting in an assured display.
    Despite that, Redknapp opted not to use him from the start against Louis van Gaal's side this time around, believing it to be too big a risk to change a system that has worked so effectively for Rangers at Loftus Road this term.
    please log in to view this image

Taraabt was left out of QPR's starting line-up against Manchester United, despite impressing at Burnley

Harry Redknapp has defended the decision to bench the play-maker from Morocco

Taarabt battles for the ball with Manchester United and Ecuador winger Antonio Valencia
    On whether he felt he made a mistake not starting Taarabt, Redknapp replied:' I didn't think it was right to change a system which has worked so well for us at home this season.
    'Our home form has been great and it's been because we've played a certain way, and Bobby Zamora and Charlie Austin have been pivotal to that.
    'He (Taarabt) did some bits and pieces and showed some good skill when he came on though. I just said to him downstairs get yourself fit as you're an amazing talent and could be vital for us this season.'

Leroy Fer brings the ball forward for QPR past Juan Mata (left) and Jonny Evans (centre)

Angel Di Maria (right) flicks the ball past QPR midfielder Karl Henry (left)

Marouane Fellaini (centre) celebrates scoring his side's opening goal at Loftus Road
    Second-half goals from substitutes Marouane Fellaini and James Wilson ensured Rangers remain in the bottom three, as Van Gaal's side got back to winning ways after last Sunday's defeat against Southampton.
    Redknapp, though, insisted he was pleased with his side's display in the 2-0 defeat - their first home league defeat since October.
    Redknapp added: 'I felt it was one of our better performances at home this season – we were a threat to them for sure.
    'I felt the system was working well again but when you're up against a side like United, they're always going to cause you problems as they've got world class players and we were outdone by exactly that.'

James Wilson seals three points for Manchester United with his cool finish past Robert Green

QPR sit 19th in the Premier League table with as many points and have lost 10 consecutive away games

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2914882/QPR-manager-Harry-Redknapp-defends-decision-not-start-Adel-Taarabt.html#ixzz3P8RdUnhS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

It is difficult to argue whether he made the right decision or not.
    We may of drawn 2-2 or lost 4-0

KooPeeArr and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

The Vulture's are gathering and post's like this aren't helping!

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Whether he is fat or lean ( and I think he is tubby), Adel is certainly not fit. There is no way he should have started him but a reasonable gamble at 70 mins.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I'd have started him purely as he isn't Leroy Fer

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

This.

Look at those pictures. He is not 2 stone overweight as suggested in another thread.

7. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Exactly. If I see one more post about Fer being played out of position I'll scream. Despite the usual collection of round pegs in square holes pretty much everyone did their utmost to close down United with one glaring exception. Wherever there were no red shirts was where you were most likely to find Leroy.

8. westlondonlalala

westlondonlalala Well-Known Member

This. Yes . How much worse than FER could he possibly have been?

9. westlondonlalala

westlondonlalala Well-Known Member

Vultures gather when they see or smell death or meat for the taking. Sounds about right. They need to come and take our carrion away for new flesh to form...

10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He would probably say he was good at finding space...:grin:

11. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Give it a break COL. Every week last season you were telling us how overweight and unfit Kranjcar was (which he was). But when it comes to Taraabt its a different story. Look at the pictures of all the other players above and you'll see how lean they are compared to him. Even Rooney looks skinnier than him.

Take those Adel-worshiping spectacles off mate