1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR boss Harry Redknapp FUMES at devaluation of FA Cup

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 4, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR boss Harry Redknapp FUMES at devaluation of FA Cup
    QPR boss Harry Redknapp is a football traditionalist and hates the way the FA Cup is going.

By Tony Stenson / Published 3rd January 2015
    Big teams now treat the competition as almost an irritant as they fight to stay in the money-laden Premier League or chase a Champions League place.
    QPR take on Nigel Clough's Sheffield United at home today and even Redknapp admits he will make changes.
    A former winner with Portsmouth, Redknapp ust wished he could have gone into the match with a victory, after Swansea grabbed a pointed in added time on Saturday.
    Redknapp said: "We haven't got a big squad, we are working with 19 outfield players so a lot of the lads will have to go again on Sunday for sure.
    "It would have been nice to go into this game with a win, that would have made a difference for sure.
    "Around 90 per cent of the bigger teams will put their best sides out in the later rounds.
    please log in to view this image

NOT A HAPPY HARRY: QPR boss Redknapp feels the FA Cup is being devalued [GETTY]
    “It's only in the later rounds, like the quarter-finals when you start seeing full teams”
    Harry Redknapp
    "A few years ago everyone went for the Cup but these days everyone is trying to get in the Champions League or into Europe or are trying to stay in the division so people mess around with their teams.
    "It's only in the later rounds, like the quarter-finals when you start seeing full teams.
    The league has become all important, to be in the Premier League.
    "I will make changes. I just can't play dome of the lads again in the wake of a busy Christmas. Richard Dunne is 35 or 36 and Clint Hill, Bobby Zamora the same.
    "I can't drag them out again. It takes them a couple of days to recover from a game so I will have to change a few around for sure.
    "We haven't got a big squad, we have 24 then three are keepers and four or five are injured. It's difficult to be as strong as you would like to be.
    "I've never played against each Clough but his dad was an incredible manager wasn't he? And Nigel is doing a great job as well."

2. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Kiwi, any chance you could put up a link about summat 'Arry hasn't said in either his pre or post match press conferences? :wink:

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

Arry said we will win or lose today FOR SURE

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Fixed...:grin:

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Lets see the team he puts out to day...He will say Prem survival is his goal

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Is he complaining that the 25 man squad rule means we won't be able to put out as weakened a team as he'd like?

I might be missing something but doesn't that put us in the same position as all the other clubs (assuming that most might have a few injuries).

Even those big clubs that don't take it seriously don't have a dozen extra pros on their books for days like this (if they did, you could argue that they DO take it seriously). In fact, they just have a 25 and some youth players that they trust / don't mind bringing in.

Poor us.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Difficult to summon up any enthusiasm for a competition where nobody can be bothered, especially the managers, and fans are treated with total contempt.

In our case, it's a chance for Redknapp to proclaim how players are knocking on his door to demand to be playing, and how this is their chance to prove themselves before another capitulation in front of a fantastic team who deserve to be much higher FOR SURE. In other words I was right and my critics were wrong.

Alternatively, another chance for him to proclaim how we're short where it matters - not enough centre halves of a certain vintage (you know - the ones who take 48 hours to recover from 60 -90 minutes exertion) or good lads who can play anywhere. In other words, "For Gawds sake Tony give me a free hand to bring in 5 or 6 good lads and ship out 5 or 6 on frees. How d'you expect me to keep us up with this lot?

reply " But Harry, they're your boys. - you built this team"

" No mate. Nothing to do with me. I leave that to Rosie, Joe, Kevin and my accountant. They do the training and the tactics"

reply " So what do you do Mr Redknapp?"

"Well someone has to talk to you lot, remind the boys how good the opposition are and how betrayed I feel that Spuds let me go"

kiwiqpr and KooPeeArr like this.
  8. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I really hope that we don't risk playing Charlie. Remember Blackburn a few years ago?

Wherever and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It's always a pisser to realise that the one, single, solo, lonely trophy you have won in a 30 plus year career is in fact worthless.

10. sku

sku Well-Known Member

sb_73 - you're forgetting about the Playoff Final trophy. They all count! <laugh>

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I was exagerrating for effect, as usual. I'm sure Redknapp will include all his lower league success (remind me, I forget) and all his relegations as he compares his record with Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger and the other Premier League greats. Even Hodgson has foreign championship wins on his CV. Redknapp believes he didn't get the England job because of some kind of conspiracy, the fact that he was not good enough doesn't seem to have crossed his mind, however short that journey is.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  12. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

How dare you!

Week-in, week-out, Arry manages to get his rag tag bunch of misfits to compete with the nineteen top, top sides awash with terrific players.

How he does this is nothing short of miraculous.

I suggest you issue a full retraction forthwith.

sb_73 likes this.