1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR 4 v 0 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

QPR v Swansea City

Competition - Sky Bet Championship
    Date - 13 April 2019
    Kick off - 3pm
    Venue - Loftus Road

Following three successive home games against Brentford, Middlesbrough and lastly Stoke - winning each one - next up for the Swans is a visit to struggling QPR.

Against the Potters, Daniel James gave another sparkling display as Swansea beat nine-man Stoke to keep alive their play-off hopes.

James's fabulous finish ended Stoke's long run without conceding before Mike van der Hoorn doubled the advantage.

James McClean pulled one back just before half-time but Graham Potter's side dominated throughout.

Stoke defenders Bruno Martins Indi and Tom Edwards both saw red for fouls on James before Oli McBurnie's goal sealed Stoke's first defeat in 10 games.

With Wales manager Ryan Giggs watching on, James starred in another classy performance from Potter's team, who are seven points off the top six after a fifth successive home win.

After the match, Swans Manager said of James:

"If you look at the performance, if you are being honest it's above Championship level," Potter said.

"That was as good an individual performance as I have ever witnessed when you consider Stoke are a good team with good players who are well organised and do not concede many goals.

"I have run out of superlatives to be honest. It was his fourth game in 11 days. His ability to run, his desire to run, his courage and then his quality - we are just lucky to witness it."

Managerless Rangers played Millwall on Wednesday evening and both sides missed the opportunity to pull further away from the bottom three as they fought out a scoreless, physical derby at The Den.

The point was enough to move the Lions up to 19th place and, although just two points above the relegation zone, they maintain a game in hand on all of their rivals.

Rangers, who have won only once in the Championship since Boxing Day, created the better chances as they gained their first point under caretaker manager John Eustace.

The Swans and Rangers have met on 45 occasions previously, with the Swans winning 14, Rangers 18 and 13 draws.

Certainly for Swans fans the most memorable of all the previous fixtures at Loftus Road was the one that took place on 18 August 2012 - the opening day of the PL season and Michael Laudrup’s first League match in charge of the Swans - which saw the Welsh side run out 5-0 victors, thanks to goals from Michu (2), Dyer (2) and Scott Sinclair:

Turning to Saturday, if the Swans are to have any hope of reaching the Play-offs nothing less than 3 points is needed. Given the recent form of both sides, I’m going 1-3 to the Swans <cheers>

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    DragonPhilljack and daimungeezer like this.
  2. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Quite right, at your age. Have a nap, then a nice Horlicks to revive you and then have another crack at finishing it. You could always get a biographer :grin:

As for the game.... we really are hot at the mo, so despite messing up my usually accurate predictions <whistle> I'm going for a 0 - 2.

3. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

In case I forget before the end of the season: thank you Taff for producing match threads without fail week after week. It must take up a lot of your time, but it's greatly appreciated and hopefully you enjoy doing it. <ok>

4. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

5. Taffvalerowdy

Cheers Aswan - I’ve enjoyed doing it over these past few seasons, but I’m hoping that PGF will take over as from next season <cheers>

55282 and DragonPhilljack like this.
  6. Taffvalerowdy

Cheeky blighter <laugh>

I’m waiting for them to play so that the post can be up to date! <cheers>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I know, just teasing! Can I second what Aswan said, thanks for all the match threads <ok>

8. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

It gives Taff an excuse to get out of going to Marks & Sparks with the wife :emoticon-0100-smile

Seriously it is appreciated mate <cheers>

I am hoping my attendance at Loftus Road won't be a jinx so 0-2 to the Swans. Just think if we had Michu with the way we are playing it could well be a repeat of the season opener we enjoyed there.

9. Taffvalerowdy

Thanks!

swanseaandproud likes this.
  10. Taffvalerowdy

Thanks also!

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I'm always nervous before games like this when on form we should win comfortably. I can recall being in the same position at home and away games where we have lost.....I hope this is not the case. I still got to go with the Swans and another 3 goals win....

12. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

0-2 Swans, were on the up!! :)

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. glamexile

Reading winning away at Norwich at half time. Shows how unpredictable life can be!

Talking about unpredictability I have just come home from an open evening at the nearby Royal Vet College, watched a live dissection of a crocodile - the croc was very much dead! I must admit it was more interesting than I thought it would be and reminded me of Dan splitting open the Stoke defence!

14. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

QPR are having problems scoring so that means they’ll score on Saturday. It won’t be enough though as the Swans run away with a 3-1 victory.

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

16. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Booooooooo

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Hisssss

18. glamexile

You snake you :emoticon-0100-smile

19. Taffvalerowdy

Angel Rangel v Dan James - wonder who’s the quicker, Hmmm let me think <laugh>

20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member