1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pulis to bid for Bendtner

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Benito Fisher, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Benito Fisher

Benito Fisher New Member

www.stokecitystories.blogspot.com

Full story there. May be a good signing. Bit of a dry spell at the moment. Only scoring two goals in the league last season but nothing TP and competing for position against Jones and Walters for position can't fix!

2. BYeee

BYeee Guest

ANOTHER high scoring striker - yippee

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

6'4 and not particularly skillful. Yup looks like a typical Stoke signing to me!

4. Benito Fisher

Benito Fisher New Member

I really doubt Barton will join. But he even thinks about it he will ask for a huge wage bill, as we aren't paying a fee to get him. I think Bendtner will join as his agents contacted us before we contacted them... good sign eh?

5. Plymouth Gooner

He'd be awesome at Stoke where he wouldn't be played as a winger (FFS AW), I hope this happens as I want him in my fantasy football team!

6. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

He's got far too much class to go to Stoke.

7. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I quite like him, but he is pissed at not playing week in week out, so does that mean he will be prepared to rotate with the likes of Jones and Walters? I think his record doesnt reflect his ability and he is a type of player that is used to recieveing the ball to feet which may good, if we get a midfielder who can feed him? Again dont want to second guess TP's thoughts, but is his next striker purchase a starter with Jones or a rotation player like Fuller - surley that dictates the price?

8. Benito Fisher

Benito Fisher New Member

Typical Arsenal fan... wants what he can't have. If we get Bendtner and Chamak goes to Roma. All you will have is Van Persie and if Nasri and Fab leaves then he said he will too!

9. Steevee

Steevee Active Member

i'll pack his bags for you

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Bendtner is way too good to be playing at Stoke - he should go to a team at least playing europa league.

For all his faults he is actualy a very talented footballer. He's just frustrating and thinks he is better than he is!

Would be a coup for stoke if thy get him.

11. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Bendtner is supposed to be good mates with Sorensen so I'd guess Pulis has spoken to the latter about Bendtner. He's not a Pulis player in my eyes, he's not a grafter and his ego would drive Pulis up the wall, i.e. like Kitson did.

12. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Too True!

13. Bendtner has suffered from a lack of first team appearances for Arsenal. I recall the 2007/08 season when some appearances by him gave us badly-needed last minute goals like the one at home against Aston Villa. For a while his stock was on the up until Arsene dropped him again which resulted in the player's own decision-making and confidence on the pitch being sapped. The best thing for Niklas would be a berth elsewhere which would give him an opportunity to shine. His departure may turn out to be Arsenal's loss but keeping him would mean that he would be at a loss, his talent would never have the opportunity to come to the fore. It's one of those things.

14. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Personaly i would rather we sent Bendtner out on some kind of loan deal to a top european club, or even to another EPL club tbh.

He needs to play regular first team football. If he does he will be a quality player. And it would be nice for him to play some future part at Arsenal, but i fear he needs to leave to become the player he can be.

15. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The problem is he just doesnt fit our style of play. If he ever went to say Aston Villa or Bolton, he would get a load of goals. I think even at Stoke he would thrive from all the crosses he would get.

16. devonblue

devonblue Member

<laugh> Bendtner is a one trick pony without a trick.

17. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

58 goals in 204 appearances would suggest otherwise (a lot of those appearances were as sub). Plus 12 in 38 for Denmark.

Too good for Stoke.

Needs to go to a better club who play football.

18. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

I can't see the life of me why he would prefer Stoke to Sporting Lisbon.

19. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I suppose it comes down to whether he wants to stay in the prem and where he thinks he will get no1 status and alot of crosses?

20. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

Don't forget the likelihood of winning trophies, climate and chance of champions league football too <ok>