1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Promotion -

Discussion in 'Huddersfield' started by Erik, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Is it likely?

2. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

As I Southampton season ticket holder, I think it will go to the wire but with our injury list and an away game at Brighton next week, I think that Huddersfield are in the driving seat although a recent article in the local newspaper forecast that Peterborough would win all of their (then) five out-standing matches. Our best players this season have been Lallana, Oxlade -Chamberlain, Dan Harding and Lee Bernard, all of whom are currently crocked and Chamberlain and Bernard looks like joining Morgan Schneidelin as missing the rest of the season. I can't recall a season when we have had so many crucial players out injured. When Lallana is missing, we generally perform poorly. (Someone dug out the stats at work which showed just how poor we are when Lallana is not in the squad. We would be bottom half of the table is extrapolated for the whole of the season.)

We really struggle against Bristol Rovers yesterday and the team was booed off at half time. Previously we lost to Rochdale and our win at Orient was extremely fortunate. Many Saints fans are confident that we will grab the 2nd spot but will do this the hard way and make us suffer! I am not so confident that we will go up although think we can beat Plymouth which is our game in hand. Should we get into the play-offs, I think we will definately blow it. Most people have Saints as favourites to grab the ast automatic place but Huddersfield are the form side at the moment and probably deserve the second spot for their consistency over the course of the season albeit I feel Saints have the stronger squad but have under-performed in some matches and thrown results away when we ended up drawing at Peterborough. Huddersfield have enjoyed a fantastic run of results and the neutrals will fancy them as they are so difficult to beat. Not surprised you stuffed Charlton yesterday as they are extremely poor and would get my vote as the team who has under-performed most this season in League One. Oddly enough, many people thought that Saints and Huddersfield would get 1st and 2nd this season and back in August Brighton would not have seemed the obvious choice as run-a-way winners of this league. I think Darren Fergusson's team is the one to watch out for . So, I would have Huddersfield and Peterborough as being promoted but it is probably too close to call as to which of these teams will grab second. There will be many more twists and permutations before the matter is decided at the end of May.

Cheers

3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Will be Saints or Huddersfield. P'boro just have too much to do.

4. AshbySaint

AshbySaint Well-Known Member

Would love it to be Saints but I don't think we deserve it. I think it will be Huddersfield as you have shown that you have the steely-ness to battle it out and get a result. You did it last season and got into the play-offs when I hoped we might have nicked the last position and you haven't been beaten since I think we last beat you.

5. bpl234

bpl234 Member

i thinnk Saints advantage is the superior goal difference at the moment. If they can match Huddersfields results in the next two games then they will go up

6. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

MK Dons 1 - Huddersfield 3 Three points clear of Saints with sFC away to Brighton tomorrow.

Surely Huddersfield must now be favourites ?

7. berry boy

berry boy New Member

dont think so games in hand etc never know til the end

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Good luck in play-offs. Every time we won, so did you. Couldn't shake you off. Travesty if you don't go up. Good luck.

9. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I'll second that. Thanks for a great season. Just when I thought we could shake you off, you kept winning!

You deserve to win the playoffs and if there is any justice we'll play you next season! - I always look forward to seeing us score 4 goals at St Mary's ;)

Good luck - you deserve it!

10. SBT-OSC-HTFC

SBT-OSC-HTFC New Member