1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pride of East Anglia

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ncgandy, May 11, 2018.

1. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

2. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

The first two paragraphs of that article show a gross failure of knowledge of the English language.

3. ncgandy

...and that's your focus?

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

The author is most likely from 'Brizzle' . #nuffsaid

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Well done on this marvellous achievement,no doubt you will be arranging an open top bus parade to celebrate!

Nuggets and johnnywarksmoustache like this.
  6. ncgandy

Of course we will

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Neither side can boast about this season. Totally pathetic from both clubs.

zogean_king and DHCanary like this.
  8. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Your grounds too big for you, your grounds too big for you :emoticon-0159-music :emoticon-0159-music :emoticon-0159-music :emoticon-0159-music

Bigalreigned likes this.
  9. Bigalreigned

I wouldn't disagree with you TC because of the last couple of years of really poor football dished up by McCarthy(and his predecessors!)
    With a change of boss I can only see things getting better.Let's hope next Season improves for both sets of fans!

mike555 and ncgandy like this.
  10. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I see Paul Lambert is available. His presence on the Ipswich side of the pitch would be, shall we say, interesting.

JM Fan likes this.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I still think MM did very well for Ipswich on a very small budget. Good to see we had good attendances, but I would have preferred us to get promoted haha

12. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

It is hard to imagine that it can get much worse for you guys but it is almost equally hard to imagine that it is going to get significantly better any time soon (unless a top 6 spot and knocked-out in the play-offs is good enough), but you never know. Looking at the money in the game, something neither of our clubs has really enjoyed to the same extent as many other clubs in the Championship, I am struggling to see us compete for promotion for a good few seasons yet.

However, football (historically) is cyclical, and better times ahead are inevitable for both clubs when all the pieces of the jigsaw are in place again <cheers>

zogean_king and DHCanary like this.
  13. Bigalreigned

When I mentioned things getting better for us I was really talking about the enjoyment factor rather than success!
    Watching Town over the last couple of Seasons has been a pretty joyless affair,hence a vocal proportion of the crowd turning against McCarthy.
    Just the last few games without him at the helm have been an improvement and Evans has given the impression he “gets” the reason for the dissatisfaction and the new man will set the team up to offer more entertainment.
    I for one will be happy even if this doesn’t lead to a significant improvement in League position in the short term (as long as we finish at least two places above you:emoticon-0105-wink:)

zogean_king, ThaiCanary and JM Fan like this.
  14. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

More attending a charity match today at CR than Ipswich averaged last season...<whistle>

15. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Perhaps the novelty factor of the (Legends?) that were playing for you.. Along with it being for charity was enough reason to get such an impresisve turn out.

That said... That was a match to celebrate being knocked out of the 3rd round of a cup competition, (because the side you triumphantly beat the round previously couldn't be bothered with the hassle of the fixture). Whilst today we celebrate 37 years since we won that very same cup competition.

Now.. I wasn't old enough to have witnessed either sides' "heyday" but would suggest point scoring over a time I won't ever experience is no worse than point scoring on how many people are sat around a field for 2 hours on a weekly basis.. because they are both pretty meaningless arguments.