1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Price of football survey 2014

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

here's mine:

season ticket: £689 * 2(2 in family, live away from home but come back for the odd match)
    food per match: roughly £4
    petrol etc

bearing in mind the MAXIMUM season ticket cost at SEVEN PREMIERLEAGUE clubs (villa, burnley, hull, stoke, swansea, sunderland, west broom) is less than the £689 i pay for championship football, we are getting ripped off by Mr Tan. most other tickets for adults cost about £450.

we used to have reasonably priced tickets, but whats happened is they've been hiked for PL football but not come back down.

what do you think of the prices you are charged to follow your team?

2. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Season tickets £589 per annum for Myself and Son, however we are on the price freeze deal
    Sundries in the ground, minimal. But £3 for the programme.
    Parking £5 at Gol but the charge is refunded at the bar.
    I spend approximately £25 on a matchday this includes petrol
    We are there every home game.
    Compared to other memberships such as Golf or Leisure clubs, i think the price i pay is fair.
    Thing is most ST holders will renew through thick and thin as the club is a big part of our lives, no matter who owns or is in charge of the club. Personally it think we will now see a vast improvement in the performances.

3. isawronnymoorescore

Season tickets £589 per annum for Myself and Son, however we are on the price freeze deal
    Sundries in the ground, minimal. But £3 for the programme.
    Parking £5 at Gol but the charge is refunded at the bar.
    I spend approximately £25 on a matchday this includes petrol
    We are there every home game.
    Compared to other memberships such as Golf or Leisure clubs, i think the price i pay is fair.
    Thing is most ST holders will renew through thick and thin as the club is a big part of our lives, no matter who owns or is in charge of the club. Personally it think we will now see a vast improvement in the performances.

4. bluebird_nat

bluebird_nat Member

Season ticket this year for me was £459. Match day parking £3, spend about £10 on a few bets and pints before the game. Never buy anything in the ground, not sure about petrol costs £5 maybe.

I don't think its too bad! But that's just for me, could imagine it would get pricey for a family to go every other week!!

5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

football doesnt cost me fk all anymore and if it doesnt change price wise then i will never set foot in stadium again in the future either...........im not the only one of the regulars that has stopped going either(not only price colour is an issue also), so it seems our club is lucky 2 have the crowds we have a present let alone if we go down over the next few seasons.

do u know what i remember only having money for the train down 2 cardiff, but i`d go just so i could get 2 see the one corner of the pitch whilst standing on the electric box by ninian park station....i`d need 2 be on top of the rugby international stadium 2 see i little section now and all i may get 2 see maybe tans high wasteline........fk me remember not so long ago and all about ten minutes after half time they would open gates for us kids 2 go and watch the rest of the game for fk all.......happy days aye

brb likes this.
  6. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

7. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

8. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Mine is roughly 500 ish - cant remember full price, but has been the same for a few seasons

9. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

£558 for me and my lad. Last year of price freeze.

Nominal additions now and again.

I wonder whether the Club will do the decent thing (and logical thing) and extend the price freeze whatever league we're in next season.

10. isawronnymoorescore

To be honest nin you may have a point there about an extension, if we dont go up, which is looking likely at this moment in time, there could be swathes of people not renewing.

11. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

But we paid 'championship' prices for our PL year. The renewals and prices were set whilst we were in the PL.

If we don't go back up I would expect a price cut. If this current form continues they'll need to do something drastic to not see a significant downturn in renewals/attendance imo.

As Aber points out we all have a choice. Ole's start to the season had me questioning the 'value' of my tickets but that's ultimately just classic fan frustration at my side being a bit ****.

For as long as I can afford to and my Mrs is happy to keep going I'm sure I'll keep renewing my ST's <ok>

12. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

so its fine to charge championship prices for the glory supporters who watch us for one year in the premier league, but i'm not allowed to complain about being charged more than the maximum season ticket price at 7 PL clubs as of now. i'm sure there's a job for you at CCFC's ticket department with logic like that!

if we charge the same prices next year, ticket revenue will drop like a stone. yes we have a choice, but there are only so many cheaper STs, and some people have to pay the higher prices.

didnt want to bring it into it, but swansea have a 10,000 plus waiting list for season tickets and their maximum ST price was £500. they could double that and still sell tickets, but they keep them at a reasonable level as they have the fans interests at heart.

our club now charges what it can get away with, when tan first came into the club tickets were reasonably priced, not any more. amongst the highest in the league, and comparable to numerous PL teams.

13. aberdude

the strange thing in my club these days is the need for a season ticket,..even thou there are seats available in most area`s.......ok the pay on the day prices are fking incredible but is this price hiked 2 make you feel like u have value for money spending out on a season ticket.

going back 2 the past again....some on here and the public in general think dole users get a great deal these days....look i still could get down 2 watch the city with limited money(giro), i wouldnt say they could do the same thing in the game we have today...........fk me even people who work are having trouble stumping up cash for footy......what happened 2 a working mens game en, why are we paying immoral wages 2 people who couldnt give 2 monkeys about any club they play for.....why is the heart of this games roots being ripped out by the wasteful billionaires on our so called behalf.

why do we still have a love of a game thats sold its soul for gravy??

14. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

ST's are cheaper per match than buying on a match by match basis. Full price Lower Ninian under the price promise is £330 = £13.35 per game.

However, the 5 year price promise ends this season. It will be interesting, and possibly painful, to see how these prices go up next year.

15. Stevoldinho

Didn't say you weren't allowed to complain. I didn't say I agree with the policy either it's just the way it is. I'd rather he'd swapped us back to blue, slashed the prices and filled the new stand. Our newly invigorated blue fans could then have got us roaring back to the PL. Sadly though the millions of £'s have come from a man with his own agenda. Despite that I very much doubt he sets ticket prices and is probably only partly to blame (by association) for the decisions made by the commercial department.

Swansea have a waiting list because of a small ground and PL status. Fair play to them for not upping the prices, but the PL continuity they have makes the extra £1.5m or less they'd get from sticking £100 on prices a very small drop in the ocean.

16. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

I have tried to get a season ticket for the Swans several times and they do not even acknowledge my email/application, I would gladly fly over 2/3 times a year and let someone else use the ticket

17. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

he probably doesn't personally set prices, but its the policy of the club to make as much money as possible from every aspect of the business. here, even added time as a sponsor! it therefore comes naturally that the club will look to make as much money as possible from the fans, whereas before prices were so reasonable i would be able to 3 or 4 years ago, bring along one or two people to pay £18 each on the day. i dread to think how much that would cost to do now.

you talk about swansea having PL status which enables them to lower prices but to be fair thats rubbish, do you really think CCFC would do the same if we were in their position? as if. anyway, we probably have spent double that getting rid of the last two managers and countless staff, as we're now a hire and fire club. penny wise pound foolish&#8230;&#8230;<ok>

18. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Closed all the match day programme booths outside the ground as well.

19. aberdude

was told today in work that u can get in now for a Pavarotti pay on the day price>>>>>>>>is that true and if so what part of the ground are these prices for>>>>>>>

20. Stevoldinho

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Our club is run terribly, the money wasted in the last 2 years eclipses the ST takings in total.

I did not say Swansea are only able to lower prices because of PL or that it's not a great gesture from the clubs hierarchy, just that in the scheme of their budget it's a much easier gesture to make. 1 place in the PL is worth a couple of seasons of increases therefore the pressure on their commercial department to up the prices is much lower.

There's no doubt Jenkins is a clever man and the PR gained from keeping prices low is worth far more than the tiny percentage increase in budget it would produce for a midtable club. With the size of their ground Sky will always be the dominant revenue source with tickets and shirt sales way, way, behind. I think Tan will have given up with regards to public image as the 'PR with the fans and media' ship has long since sailed.

The part you took exception to in my first comment with your "job in Cardiff ticket office" remark was simply pointing out that I believe the practice of buying promotion to the PL ST's at Championship rates then having the price hiked whilst falling out of the division is fairly standard due to the time of year tickets are renewed. Last season I would be fairly confident we were amongst the cheapest ST's in the PL.