1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Press Conference with Lee Bowyer

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DickPlumb, Apr 25, 2019.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

• 9:36AM
      Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial
      FollowingFollowing @CAFCofficial
      More
      please log in to view this image
      Lee Bowyer has arrived for his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to @TheGillsFC. Quotes to follow... #cafc

please log in to view this image

LB on becoming quickest #cafc manager to reach 100 points: “I'm happy! All these things we're achieving is rewarding and it adds towards what we want to achieve which is promotion.

”LB: “I want to do better, and I think we should have more points, but I'm over the moon with that achievement.”

LB: “I just come in every day, try and work hard and try to improve the players we've got. I'll keep pushing myself, the team around me and the players.” #cafc

LB: “We've got five games left to win. If we win them all, we go up, it's as simple as that. They are going to be tough, though. Gillingham is a tough place to go and they have players that can hurt you.” #ca

LB: “Brandon [Hanlan] and Regan [Charles-Cook] are two good players who used to be here, so they will be out to prove a point. But if we do the right things and compete, we will hurt them and I believe we can win every game.” #caf

LB: “We've got a few injury worries. Patrick Bauer has a sore knee, Krystian has his shoulder problem, Lyle Taylor has a tight groin, Jonny Williams has a sore knee.” #cafc

LB: "I'll have a discussion with them all this morning and then I'll take matters into my own hands. They'll want to play, but we can't be silly. We need to be sensible.” #c

• 9:37AM
      1. "Lewis Page and Jake Forster-Caskey are playing in a behind-closed-doors game this afternoon so they will get more minutes.” #cafc
      2. LB on PFA Team of the Year: “Like I said last week, it's a load of rubbish! There are a handful of players that have been so consistently good for us this season, so it's ludicrous. Maybe the other players don't like ours? Lyle has probably roughed up too many!” #cafc
      3. LB on contract: “No update. I've not heard back since the last time. Nothing to report. I've put that out of my mind because I can't control it. I'm sure they'll come back and we'll go from there.” #cafc

: cafc, caf