1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SuitedandBooted, Jun 1, 2016.

1. SuitedandBooted

SuitedandBooted Well-Known Member

Anyone else not really arsed about being back in it?

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

At least we get new balls...

please log in to view this image

3. Quill

Quill Bastard

Christ, you can't miss that.

4. SuitedandBooted

SuitedandBooted Well-Known Member

and that's about it.

I love the build up to promotion from the championship, the feeling on the day promotion is achieved but then its a massive sense of deflation about all the bollocks that will accompany the next season.

spesupersydera and newlandcasual like this.
  5. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

The designer must be on an acid trip

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

You think that's bad, this is the winter version...

7. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I honestly think that, along with our owners, this is the driving force behind the lack of enthusiasm we as fans are showing. We're constantly told it's the best thing since corned beef, but is it really? My colleagues even commented that our fans didnt seem that bothered at Wembley when we won, and that's because a lot really arent.

It does seem a lot better and more exciting to those that havent been involved with it for a long time whereas we know we have 9 months of biased refs, poor punditry, cheating opponents, stroppy mercenary foreign signings, selective match highlights on MotD and condescension interspersed with 1 win every 5 games to look forward to.

SuitedandBooted likes this.
  8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Sliced corned beef is rubbish, it's far too thin. :emoticon-0138-think

9. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Yes and no, I'll miss regular Tuesday night games, i'll miss winning more than we lose, i'll hate various things, clueless pundits, going 2-3 months without a win at some point, being on the **** end of **** decisions, but there is so much hope now, following what Leicester have done and with the obscene TV money, 2 or so seasons in the PL should safe guard our future for a long time. I'll also not miss the god awful punditry and coverage afforded to us by C5 and the inevitable loss(es) to someone who is utterly utterly **** beyond all belief.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen if we're going to have a go this time.

Not having a go at winning the league, obviously, just having a go at attacking teams for a change.

petersaxton likes this.

11. Quill

Quill Bastard

There's definitely a direct correlation between ownership and enthusiasm.

When someone new comes in, I'm certain enthusiasm will increase tenfold.

Signings are obviously also a big part.

12. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Rather than fancy signings I think most fan swill settle for referring to us as Hull City, keeping concessions and not saying fans can "die when they want".

You know, any new owners really cant go wrong can they?

13. Quill

Quill Bastard

It's so easy for the new owners to get the fans onside, it would take a couple of hours work at the most.

PLT likes this.
  14. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I`m hoping that there will be a change of owners, someone who actually gives a flying **** about the club and the fans, get a new owner in who shows an interest instead of spending their time trying to play `oneupmanship` with the council, will go a long way to giving back the feel good factor. Give the manager some funds to compete, and as OLM says, give it a fkn good go, have a go at these so called `big` clubs. There is no reason we can`t given what Watford, Bournemouth and Leicester did last season that we should be any different. A new mentality will soon surface if we start playing with intent and have good owners. C`mon City make it happen

15. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Well those who fall into that category have no ambition for the club. May I suggest North Ferriby Utd for those who enjoy lower league football more.

btw,,,,, I hope to do as many NFU games as I can when Hull City don't have a Saturday game.

16. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

<applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause>

WOW,, quality balls at last. <laugh>

17. Tiger1966

Tiger1966 Active Member

Trouble is this is the 3rd time we've been in The Prem in 8 years & the novelty has well & truly worn off. We've never finished above 16th place & this time it's going to be a hard slog again like it has been before. There are many things I dislike about The Prem (the main one being it was created purely for financial gain & is fuelled by greed. It doesn't give a **** about the 72 FL clubs, the English national team, grass roots development & bringing through young British players, it cares only about generating as much money as it possibly can to keep to itself). The only postives I see are its good for the city of Hull to have a Premiership football team & good for the season ticket holders to see the big name teams at The KCOM.

18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

It's ****ing great to be back in it.
    It's by far the best guarantee of a good medium and long term future for our club, both financially and in terms of our profile.

Will we win many? Probably not.
    Will we have regular invasions of PL **** fans. Yes, probably.
    But it's the most high profile league on this planet and the most lucrative, and we're in it. This in a city full of nay sayers, know-nowts, low wages, mobility scooters, poor air quality, twaggers, end of the line provincial also rans. tubby and edna lards, governed by Steve Brady hissen, endemic type 2 diabetes, slow broadband, poor dental health, rubbish police force, traffic congestion (despite lack of economic activity), crap shops, bombed out cinemas, so called Pacer trains, militant bin men and KCOM hegemony.
    But we're there. We're in it. Sporting excellence and achievement which infuriates bigger and wealthier clubs, and their 'massive' fanbases.
    I'm thrilled to ****, honestly. Bring on the first home defeat and **** refereeing decision.

19. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Love the prem or not last Sat was a last chance for City. Had we not made it this year I dont think we would have been back for years if not ever. The raising of the cash and the quality in next years Championship would in my opinion have started our decline. We now have a real chance of new owners and with that real hope.

We have for years been a nothing club with the old " city will never win owt/Be in the top league " doom and gloom merchants. Lets give it one more go and see what happens if we **** up again then we have had our 3 strikes and will be out probably for good.

This is my club,was passed down by my Dad and from me to my 12 year old son....Hull City thats us..

20. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Yeah 3rd promo in 8 years, but possibly the biggest crossroads in 112 years .....and we prevailed thank ****. When will SWFC get that close to the big time again I wonder ? Bristol City certainly didn't prosper after 2008 did they? 7 years of ****e and League 1, and they're still nowhere near the PL.
    Amazing how so many people hanker after the flat track bully games against Rotherham and Charlton. That's Entertainment? That's just like the local version of MUFC and LFC glory hunters.....they demand to see a stack of goals in the net of the small time opponents , so they can wallow in the vicarious glory.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016