1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League vs Championship

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Erik, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Which League do you find more enjoyable to watch LIVE, when considering the whole matchday experience?

(NOT which league would you rather be in!)

Personally, I'd say the Championship.

2. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

Ditto...see my signature. Personally I prefer football!!!! If I want what the Premier League 'offers', I can go to the pictures.

3. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I don't really get the question, don't think you can put it down to which league you're in. If I ranked the last four seasons it would be as follows.

1. First Prem season
    2. Promotion season
    3. Second Prem season
    4. This season.

I think the football being played and how competitive the team are make more difference than what league we're in, but overall I'd have to say the Premiership for the sole reason that the football from both sides was better quality and they were better quality games for the most part.

4. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

How can anything beat the promotion winning season?

I doubt anyone can say as a neutral they would rather watch QPR v Swansea than United v Arsenal, however being in it, it shows how competitive it is and i do find it more enjoyable mainly due to the feeling you can win every week.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The League Two promotion season was good, the League One promotion season was excellent, the Championship promotion season was amazing, the first Premier League season was fantastic, but there's about a dozen seasons I'd put ahead of last season. :emoticon-0120-doh:

6. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

What about this season?

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Far better than last season.

I do away games.

8. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

as a matchday experience, the premiership no question..
    some decent coverage in the saturday morning papers, then on football focus and soccer saturday..
    then a match with a usually full stadium..with even the more boring games at least keeping you on the edge of your seat in anticipation.....cant remember nearly falling to sleep in the premier league once,..
    for every sheff united./leeds away, there is a coventry away to spoil the championship...

9. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

TWF gave his opinion on the last four seasons, and my version is:

1. Promotion season
    2. First Prem season
    3. This season.
    4. Second Prem season

I prefer the Championship - more level playing field, similar clubs and on the whole better places to visit. The Premiership is virtually all London, Lancs and the West Midlands.

Once I got through the "been there, done that" and ticked off the new stadia on my checklist in the premiership it quickly lost its sparkle. Too much media around it, expensive tickets, etc. But the magic of finally being in the top league after 40+ years of supporting City made it worthwhile.

DJBlack mentioned "for every sheff united./leeds away, there is a coventry away to spoil the championship... ", so for every Arsenal/Tottenham/Liverpool there was a Wigan or Bolton or West Ham away to spoil the Premiership (and Everton, Liverpool, ManU etc the 2nd time around).

10. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

the 2 away games at bolton where among my premier league highlights...fagans equaliser with 5,000 city fans there kept us up..then coming back from 2-0 down for a 2-2 draw...
    wigan is rubbish tho..

11. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

I was thinking of the place more than the actual performance.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The first away at Blackburn was good, the second wasn't.

Both away games at West Ham and Wigan were dire.

13. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Tbh you cant beat the premier league so much more media coverage. But as stated before you enjoy when your team is winning/doing well which is why we prefer the Championship. Watch a neutral game the premiership i much so much more atmosphere and quality players no question as a neutral for our team???.....Where competitive

14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Any game involving Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool I absolutely ****ing hate, likewise games between the relegation battlers. The only prem games I like watching are those between Tottenham, Man City, Villa, Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland.

In fact, give me Scunthorpe vs Preston over Man United vs Chelsea any day!

15. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

can i be the first to say: "I'd rather watch QPR v Swansea!" - providing they dont employ useless foreigners for the sake of it such as Wigan, Blackburn, West Ham, etc......Incidentally this could quite feasibly be a Premiership fixture next season

16. 4thGenerationTiger

It HAS to be the championship! hands down!

Lets face it, the premiership always has the same top teams, the rest is nothing but a relegation fight with the same teams happy to finish mid table every season.....BOOORRRIING!!!!

In the championship every team is capable of winning, there's promotion, playoffs and relegation battles. And the there's always a close gap between teams, even now there's 6 teams within 4 points of the playoffs!!

And with the playoffs, its anyones game who will win.

Where proof of how good the championship is, just surviving relegation one season to playoff champions the next. There's just too much to keep you interested.

17. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

You only have to look at the likes of Norwich winning the 3rd tier and then storming the Championship in their first year back. Likewise Leeds. Or Leeds being relegated after reaching the play-off final a year before. Likewise Sheffield United reaching it 2 years ago and then (probably) slipping into League One within 24 months.

18. Rigsby

Rigsby Well-Known Member

Premier League is much more exciting for me. The Championship has too many teams who set out not to lose rather than going out to win, getting 2 banks of 4 behind the ball as soon as they lose possession. Most teams do it at the KC, and we always do it away from home. It can be effective but very dull. The Premier League is quicker and more fluid, much better players and so much more exciting to watch in general.

19. TigerHCAFC

TigerHCAFC New Member

For me I'd have to break it down to one year: 2008. Jan - may in champ was awesome and august to Christmas was like a dream. Probably the best ever year for being a tigers fan.

20. miff33

miff33 Well-Known Member

Newcastle away first season in Prem, wearing my City shirt in their sports bar and sitting with em all below you lot on top tier, jumoing up whenn we scored, thought i was gonna get lynched, but fair play to em, they took it in good faith