1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

We are currently on line for -
    24 goals and 28 points.
    (0.6 goals per games and 0.7 points per game)

Sousa's career averages are 1.6 goals per game & 1.75 points per game
    which would translate to 61 goals for a season and 66 points
    That would have put us 7th last season with only 6 teams scoring more.

Since Sousa left we have averaged 1.2 goals per game & 1.3 points per game.

Give me Sousa any day of the week.

2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I went back to 1982 .... 21 non relegated teams in 2nd tier for 35 seasons.....735 non relegated team seasons , only 2 teams out of 735 scored less goals than Sousa . A lot of smoke and mirror talk of our " Highest Finish Ever " under Sousa , one point and one position higher in the table . Sousa inherited a pretty good " Martinez " team and IMO , should have done better in our ,supposite, " Highest Finish Ever " . Once Sousa was given the boot , Rogers blew Sousa's " Highest Finish Ever " out of the water . When Martinez left , he left us with 2 million .....important money at the time ... Sousa hung on as long as he could to milk money out of the club . Sousa never made it the whole season with QPR before us and never lasted 3 months with Leicester the season after he left us . Sousa " Drove " Britton from the club and soon as Sousa was shown the door , Britton came back ..thank God , we might not be in the Premier if Britton never returned with Sousa possibly given a 2nd season with us . You want Sousa bob ...you can have him .

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

ERRR Sousa did not as you put it drove Leon from the club....Where did you get this nonsense from <laugh>

4. Bob the slob

Never had a goal scorer and was refused on by the club. Scotland and others were taken by Roberto and were not replaced. A clapped out failure at Championship level was brought back to the club, a player who spent more time in treatment than training and two others at the end of a less than distinguished careers were the cheap options.
    Sousa didn't drive Britton out, he left for the cash. He had been moaning the season before and had decided to run down his contract to get a signing on fee - before Sousa arrived.
    He saw sense and we were gracious nought to have him back.
    Sousa may have rubbed up the George Cross brigade but he vastly improved the team - we could even watch when the opposition took corners.
    Had Monk not undermined the man which led to us 'inexplicably' dropping points at the end of the season we would have sen well placed in the play offs.
    Rodgers benefited from Roberto's style and Sousa's steel.

Why go back to 1982? I am confused as to why that relevant to our results and Sousa's results in the concurrent period?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. Bob the slob

Watched the Wales game tonight and would prefer to have Kwame's kid on loan in midfield than Sanches.

6. Bob the slob

7. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Our recruitment policy was so so poor we should never have allowed Exeter to snap him up as a youth player in the first place. I don't know the stats but how many of our former players kids have joined us as youngsters in the last decade. I can't remember many and that says a lot.

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The deeper you look, the more incompitance you will find, all down to one man!......... <ok>

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Bit ironic how quick Clement got rid of Curtis , and pretty quick to hire Britton and Rangel on the coaching staff when his chips are down in his reign . I bet he wish he could go back and retain Curtis for a bit , if just to get the insight on players and combinations of those players . Sure hope we can , not only grab a few players , but in key positions in the New Year...

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on the recruitment (or lack of) process because I would be typing for hours. All strikers need quality service regardless of what League they play in, sadly we have provided our lone striker with dross over the recent years (Michu and Siggy being exceptions), Ffs we cant even buy wingers who can cross a decent ball. Do our scouts watch a player once, go to the board and tell them this lad is good so we buy him then find out he is crap???? I can't see us scoring v Burnley today, hopefully I am wrong, after all our "havn't played much for 2 years" wonder resigning is back I read, we want to have faith but the board etc seem to give us little hope re shyte signings. Do I blame Clement, no, not yet, he has bugger all to work with but if have the rubbish we have bought were his idea, the blame game will start, have a nice day

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Musty...A decent manager can do a lot with the players we got, They are no worse than other players at most of the other premiership clubs......The Manager is not premiership standard and until he is changed then we will not reach 23 points this season and that will be tough to reach....

12. mustyfrog

dunno Dai, how many other Prem League sides would play Fer, Routledge, Dyer, Naughton etc etc, bring back Laudrup :)

13. mustyfrog

Swansea improved in the second half, having been thoroughly outplayed before the break, but did not have a shot on target until the 95th minute. piss poor, was it service or just terrible????

14. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We didn't have a midfield = No protection for the back four + No service to the front line.

15. DragonPhilljack

Fancy going away from home without playing a defensive midfielder, is that a first for us?

Clement couldn't hack it in the Championship, and he's clearly demonstrating with every game, he's way out of his league in the PL................<ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

That's been the story of the season so far.

17. mustyfrog

silly game when a side has 4 defenders to counter a lone attacker, no man on man marking, bring back the old days when a defender kidney punched the attacker and he would be quiet for the rest of the game, there again we are ****e atm, no heart, no guts and fking Dyer playing, ffs the lad would not get a match at Gillingham

18. DragonPhilljack

Picked the above up on my travels, and it's how I see it also...........<ok>

mustyfrog likes this.
  19. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

The final insult........

REPLACED IN THE PREMIERSHIP BY Cardiff City.

20. DragonPhilljack

Won’t happen!