1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Fixtures

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by THETIGERZHULL, May 22, 2013.

1. THETIGERZHULL

THETIGERZHULL Active Member

Just in case anybody was wondering, our Premier League fixtures will be released at 9am on Wednesday 19th June 2013

Personally cannot wait to see who's up first !!!

UTT

2. Lewis92

Lewis92 Well-Known Member

I had a dream the other night our first game was at home to Newcastle and it ended in a 4-4 draw that would be weird they are up first.

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Did anyone not know the time and date ? Its been all over the media since may 4th.

My hope is that we start @ home to Slumberland(17th) and then have 2 away games** before the first international break. :emoticon-0103-cool:

**The club are going to ask the PL for us to start @ home and then be away for the rest of august due to the road closure(overhead rail bridge being replaced) on spring bank from 19th august for 2 weeks.

4. THETIGERZHULL

THETIGERZHULL Active Member

Ha ha

Lets wait and see then hey Lewis:emoticon-0111-blush

5. Lewis92

Lewis92 Well-Known Member

Haha can't wait.

6. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

****ing hell I'm off this thread....it's just weird.

7. The FRENCH TICKLER

Hull City are now PL....OFFICIAL. AGM meeting of the PL held in Darlington and the 3 promoted clubs were formally handed there PL share certificates. All is explained in the website attached to this post.

www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/ne...al-meeting-marks-changing-of-the-seasons.html

Glad that the PL have not wasted much cash on the location of the meeting.......But Darlington ? <yikes>

It was held yesterday thursday June 6th. Expect the website to be updated soon with the 20 club logo's for 2013/14.

8. The FRENCH TICKLER

Good interview with Nick Thompson on the Burnsie show yesterday. Can be heard on the listen again option for radio humberside.

One thing he confirmed was that the new James Chester issue was almost sorted.

9. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

I reckon we're gonna get a really tough start, i.e. Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal all but one away from home making us struggle and the press start thinking Bruce is getting sacked within the first month of the Premier League campaign. Sort of like Southampton last Season.

10. Quill

Quill Bastard

Can someone explain why the Football League meeting was in Portugal, but the Premier League meeting was in Darlington?

I want the tough fixtures out of the way early (eg. the away games at the usual top 6 clubs). You want to decent set of fixtures going into the final months.

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

It might just be me, but usually the newly promoted clubs get a run of something like Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal at some point in their season; a period where it's nigh on impossible to pick up points. Which makes it all the more enjoyable when we do!

12. OedipusTex

OedipusTex Well-Known Member

Away to ManU. Start with a stunner. ;-)

13. Steven Toast

I'm pretty sure Burnley played Man U on their first day and beat them? It's the best time to play them, they usually start slow.

14. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they didnt. It was defo a midweek fixture, think it was Burnley's first home game.

15. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

I'd like us to have a more winnable run of games to start off with, rather than the big teams.

If we get 5-10 games in and we're lagging behind because of our tough run-in, the pressure on the more winnable games would be far greater, and we know how City do under pressure!

Or, maybe I'm looking into it too much..

16. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

What will be will be. Let's just take one game at a time.

[Insert any other football cliches you like]

17. Steven Toast

You're right, it was. Meanwhile, we were getting thumped 1-5 at home to Spurs. I remember that game.

18. The FRENCH TICKLER

That would be ok with me. I am very happy to have a Southampton like start and season actually. Bring it on.

If Nick Thompson gets his way we shall start with a home game. Due to the road works on spring bank from august 19th for 2 weeks the club dont want any home matches in the PL during the rest of august. Wednesday week and we shall all find out.

It would be good to have Sunderland(h) on 17th august. The rest of august can be whatever. With the changes @ Man Utd it maybe a good idea to play them quickly though.

19. The FRENCH TICKLER

Burnley started @ Stoke City and lost 2-0 but then had Man Utd and Everton @ home and won them both 1-0. Then 2 away games @ Chelsea (lost 3-0) and Liverpool (lost 4-0). Next home game was Sunderland and won 3-1 and then got bashed up 5-0 @ Tottenham.

After 7 games they had won 3 @ home and lost all 4 away games. 9 pts from what many said was a tough start.

20. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Only just realised that we changed to the premier league forum