1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pre-season v Inter Milan

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Jul 20, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Looks like a good team selection, plenty of pace too. First real test of the tour

lWTrQzDD.jpg

2. glazerfodder

Complete change on the hour, but both our teams played some excellent football - high pressing, good passing and Obi Wan Bissaka looks like a bargain, excellent tackler and spent half his time high on the right wing. So many positives from pre-season so far and both our sides made Inter look quite ordinary and on this showing, we should be competing again next season. Greenwood scored and Chong makes Sanchez look like a wimp. Next game please.

Treble likes this.
  3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Greenwood doesn’t **** about does he? Baller in the making. Hopefully we don’t replace Lukaku with another foreign import when we have this kid, he’s ready now.

Diego likes this.
  4. glazerfodder

Chong is the one who is making a lot of this happen, he has to start otherwise Greenwood will be starved of a creative supply. For my money I would sacrifice Martial and play Chong, TM has been his usual self so far in pre-season, all hype but he's delivered very little compared to Chong who knows how to release the ball in and around the box. I don't want to sound like I have a downer on TM, but he has been the least impressive player so far, Lingard not far behind. I'd be happy for the season to start tomorrow - it's been a very encouraging start.

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Chong is a definite star for the next few years. That said I always think that Gomez is the more talented of the two but still has the physique of a little boy, if he gains a bit of strength he will be devastating.

6. glazerfodder

There is something about Chong and the way he plays that reminds me of young George Best and, yes, Gomes is a fantastic player with the ball at his feet and I believe he will develop quicker if he is kept close to the first team squad rather than pushed back with the youngsters.,

Diego likes this.
  7. Tel (they/them)

Gomez is a very good size, weight-wise, no way he needs to put more weight on but his height is a major issue. He’s 5’3 which is just too small. I don’t think he’ll make it, but maybe if he can go on loan we will see whether or not he’s got what it takes.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

^^^^ heightist!

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not sure height will be too much of a hindrance to the way he plays, sometimes it can help with movement and balance. My only concern is the apparent lack of strength when holding a player off, he gets pushed off the ball too easily at the moment.

10. glazerfodder

TBH I don't think height is of any great concern given the game he plays - his low centre of gravity helps him weave through opponents and his quick feet will make many defenders wary of putting in a tackle in and around the box. I would keep him in the matchday squad and bring him off the bench in those games when we're getting bogged down in the opposition box - especially if we have Chong and Greenwood in the side. I'm basically saying we should blood three or four of our academy youngsters this season - worked out well the last time we tried it..........

Diego likes this.

11. Tel (they/them)

I disagree on his height, he’s just too small. How many 5’3 players in today’s game? I think he’ll just get bullied in this league. I hope I’m wrong cos he’s got bags of talent.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He's technically got 2 and a bit years of growing left in him <whistle>

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

So he could be as tall as Messi then?

Diego likes this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Maybe <laugh>