1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pre- season matches.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Jun 2, 2017.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

There's an another game scheduled after the Birmingham one, but opposition not yet kn

Wanda Ventham :emoticon-0152-heart got me into Crete.

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

better Wanda than a dose of the shish kebabs....<laugh>

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

A trip to America is only ok if we have the squad in place that we are going to use as our main team in the premiership.....Otherwise we might as well stay home and play our local sides like neath,Llanelli and others.

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Personally I hate pre-season tournaments. They're just vehicles for clubs take hard earned cash from hard up fans by overcharging us for the opportunity to support our undercooked players who are puffing about trying not to get injured in a vain attempt to win some utterly meaningless, plastic cup. Its pre-season ffs

We've been going to America every year we've been in the prem and there's no way I'd expect us to change things now, its part of our pre-season development for years and its been good for us so far.

Looking forward to playing Sampdoria and I have no problems starting off pre-season friendlies against Barnet or going to Brum, at least we're not playing Bangor and Port Talbot this year.

I'd like to see us play Llanelli though just to see Trundle play at the Liberty. I think he'd pull in a decent crowd.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

July 12 - Barnet 1 Swans 0
    July 15 - Philadelphia Union 2 Swans 2
    July 19 - Richmond Kickers 1 Swans 2
    July 22 - North Carolina 0 Swans 0
    July 29 - Birmingham 0 Swans 2
    August 5 - Sampdoria (Liberty Stadium)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  6. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

From BBC Sport:

Swansea City boss Paul Clement was happy with the opening game of their pre-season tour to America.

Kyle Bartley and Jordan Ayew were on target as the Premier League side drew 2-2 with Major League Soccer team Philadelphia Union.

"It's another good exercise for us," Clement told the club website.

"We worked really hard during a double training session on Friday, and it showed because the players were a little leggy out there today."

Swansea next face Richmond kickers on 19 July, before playing North Carolina three days later.

The Welsh club will then return to the UK and complete their pre-season preparations with a match at Birmingham City on 29 July.

DragonPhilljack likes this.