1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Potter wanted by Celtic?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

daimungeezer likes this.
  2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I’m not sure about Celtic being the best club for him, but I’d be surprised if he’s still here at the end of the summer.

3. Taffvalerowdy

Agreed - without support from the Yanks, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I would as he was part of the Americans meeting before the season started and he agreed to come here because he liked what he heard. A 5 year plan was initiated to get us back to the premiership but it will have probably come down to 3 or possibly 2 years now as things at the club has gone better than anyone thought. I think Potter is a guy that will want to see the deal through.....I hope anyway...

5. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I don't see anything that the Americans are doing that would make Potter think we can make it back to the PL ( that would require investment), however I still fail to understand how anyone who already has a job above League 1 level would go to Celtic. Not saying that Celtic aren't bigger than the Swans, but it's the Scottish League. It's a freebie title that does nothing to enhance a managers status. If you win the title - you're at Celtic, what did you expect. If you don't win the title, OMG you managed to not win the title with Celtic, how crap are you ???

6. PGFWhite

He could get experience of Champions League football for his CV. He’s already got Europa League experience <ok>

Taffvalerowdy and daimungeezer like this.
  7. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Plus winning stuff is a nice feeling.... apparently.

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Champions League Experience. Assuming they get through the qualifying rounds, which is no certainty, they get 6 games and knocked out each season. Not sure what experience that gives you really. Celtic, for nearly every manager is hopefully a stepping stone to a PL job, and none of the top 4 would take a manager from Celtic anyway, so just like Brendan, they'd end up at a club that won't be in the Champions League. Having Champions League experience as a manager of a mid table PL club has no benefit.

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Celtic would not be top dogs in the Championship let alone the premiership......He won't go there imo, I cant see him anywhere but here for a couple more seasons yet....

10. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Cannot see potter going to Celtic, Rodgers had the Irish/Scottish connection, and even then his stay was not that long before returning to the PL.........<ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. Taffvalerowdy

14. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Celtic are an attractive option for many a Manager, and I was a little surprised when Rodgers left for Leicester. Being in control of a dominant Club like Celtic must be an attractive proposition, but clearly the pull of the P.L. is very strong. So, fair play to Rodgers for taking the step.
    I like Rodgers, he is a terrific man manager, and his football tactics are not far behind.
    He almost won the P.L. with Liverpool, so that's proof positive, for me anyway.

Many Swans' fans' hate him because he left Swansea. Well, that was typical juvenile behaviour on their part.

I can't see Potter going to Celtic. He seems on a mission here, and that's no bad thing. I like him, as well.

I wonder just how good he would be though, in say, the P.L.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I see Mr Sweeping statement is back , only you can profess to know just how many Swans fans "hate " Rodgers , would it be two or two thousand and two ? just curious , myself I gave up worrying about managers and players leaving ,its what they do

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  16. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

" Only you " can maintain your moronic stance hereabouts. Well done for that, it's all about consistency.

Clearly my posts deeply offend you, so it's a pity you don't have the intellect to put me on ignore. <laugh>

I'm not getting into another slanging match with the likes of a dick head like you. I've got more important things to do with my time.
    Put me on ignore, or go and disturb a corpse in a graveyard.

17. PGFWhite

What a sick prick you are.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

You're of so little consequence that you couldn't offend me if you tried , so please support your statement that "Many" hate Rodgers for leaving , most I recall were expecting it and to have Laudrup as replacement , well he was soon forgotten <laugh>

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

No need to call someone a dickhead is there Vetch? As for the corpse. That is nothing short of disgusting.

20. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

As I've tried explaining in the past, he left with the best wishes of everyone. The reason people, myself included hated him after was the fact he deliberately derailed the Gylfi deal.