1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Poster of the year awards 2018!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yes ladies and gents, we're approaching the end of the year and therefore it means it's time to boost the ego of a select few and shatter the dreams of many others - It's the poster of the year awards! A prestigious ceremony on the Spurs board. Runner ups aren't necessary if you don't want to post them, just there in case you're finding it tough between two particular posters.

So, without further ado, here are the award categories:

Spurs poster of the year:
    Runner up:

Non-Spurs poster of the year:
    Runner up:

Funniest poster of the year:
    Runner up:

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs):

GIF/ Meme/ Pic of the year:

Thread of the year:

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

It's not you. < spoiler alert >

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

please log in to view this image

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

...even though it's been used the grand total of once between two transfer windows.

5. Spurs poster of the year: Audrey
    Runner up: RCL

Non-Spurs poster of the year: Lidls
    Runner up: No nomination

Funniest poster of the year: RCL
    Runner up: deedub93

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs): No nomination

GIF/ Meme/ Pic of the year: New signing alert

Thread of the year: Every match day thread - Thanks PNP!

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Spurs poster of the year: @PleaseNotPoll - Underrated banter both on here and Prem board, plus the provider of great matchday threads.
    Runner up: @humanbeingincroydon - I thought I had dry humour but HBIC blows me out the water, also the best for up to date transfer news from sources all over the globe.

Non-Spurs poster of the year: Think Luke has won this every year but he's been pipped by @BobbyD this time around for me. I know he's a chav but he's a decent chav and when I get to decide his avatar at the end of the season he'll essentially be a yid for three months :)
    Runner up: @littleDinosaurLuke - always provides good comments and it's interesting to hear views on Spurs from someone on the outside.

Funniest poster of the year: @remembercolinlee - he probably thought I wouldn't vote for him after having a go at me on the Prem board for not selecting him as Spurs' best Prem board poster but he's always a laugh and doesn't mind being the brunt of jokes either (send me the Poch middle finger now, I dare ya!)
    Runner up: @Spur of the Moment - Even though he gives me stick for my Jack Grealish obsession, SOTM always provides good banter on here.

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs): @Diego - can actually have very decent footballing conversations and opinions but the moment he tries wumming us it just becomes ****ing tragic. Stop trying to wum, bro, some have that gift, some don't.

Dele+Alli+Chelsea+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+Premier+thRXOvsi_Ncl.jpg

Thread of the year: It's been an on-going one so wasn't actually made in 2018 but @Spurlock 's rival watch thread always draws attention and allows us to laugh at rivals when they **** up.

7. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

<grr>

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Spurs poster of the year: Huge choice but think I have to give it to both @Sidney Fiddler @audrey.s.thackeray

Runner up: @maggie blanchflower ...love her posts about before my time. Almost feels like I am there when I read her stuff.

Non-Spurs poster of the year: @littleDinosaurLuke
    Runner up: @BrunelGooner

Funniest poster of the year: @Dier Hard
    Runner up: @humanbeingincroydon

The happy clappy tuneless mofo on the match day threads. <whistle>

Poch-Christmas-Ecard.jpg
    utter genius from @Spudulike

Thread of the year:
    Every match day thread - Thanks @PleaseNotPoll

Special mention to the mods on here.

Finally...just wanted to say that I genuinely enjoy coming on here. On bad days this place is great to take my mind off things. It's like going to chat about football in the local with the added bonus that I don't actually look at your mugs :bandit:

Happy Chri....
    who do I think I'm kidding?
    Baa Humbug yer bastards <cheers>

9. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

Poster of the year: HBIC (witty, informed, and with a decent political perspective)
    Runner-up: Dier Hard (don’t always agree with what he writes, but well-informed, and 100% a Spur)

Non-Spurs poster: Brunel Gooner (I like the alternative views, usually expressed very rationally)
    Runner-up: LDL (so loyal..... to us! Maybe one day he’ll transfer officially, and come out as a Spur?)

Funniest: RCL (I love the references to his tough job - like Mrs Audrey used to do, in a PRU - and family)
    Runner-up: Smithy! (Unapologetically veteran non-pc, But the best anti-Trumper on the board!)

Threads: PNP (matchdays); and the two prediction leagues Spurs and Spurs Disciple. All these three also in contention for best poster.

Thanks to all posters on the Spurs board for keeping our spirits up with info, banter, gossip and general chat - as RCL says, it’s like meeting your friends down at the pub! Merry Christmas, all!!! COYS!!!!

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Spurs poster of the year: this ones ones its my man @Dier Hard. Don't think there's much we generally disagree upon.

Non-Spurs poster of the year: deffo my man sucky also known as @Spurlock's Bitch

Funniest poster of the year: he doesnt post here much but @Bald Archie is one funny ****er.

Id rather not make more enemies than i need<whistle>

Thread of the year: @SpursDisciple hardwork on the mass predictions game

11. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

This seems to get more difficult each year because we have a really great bunch of posters all able to discuss their different views with respect and humour, and slowly we are attracting a few more posters with similar attributes from rival clubs This place is always my first port of call to find out anything Spurs/Football related so my first 'award' is the not606 Spurs board <ok>

Spurs poster of the year: @"Thanks for that Brian" keeps producing well informed interesting posts.
    Runner up: @deedub93 always thoughtful

Non-Spurs poster of the year: @littleDinosaurLuke nobody else has his pedigree as a non Spurs poster on here.
    Runner up: @BrunelGooner for his well balanced posts

Funniest poster of the year: @remembercolinlee You can only stare in wonder at the accuracy of his predictions

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs): @Dier Hard for coming up with this really bad catergory <laugh>

Thread of the year: @PleaseNotPoll for his match threads. Where the really serious debates often take place.

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

13. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Spurs poster of the year: RCL - his inner turmoil of Happy Clappy v Defeated Fatalist never grows tired. However, the Gooner Match Threads were pure genius.
    Runner up: All of the rest of us.

Non-Spurs poster of the year: The Ramones bloke.
    Runner up: Our semi-resident Gooner - @BrunelGooner - he's alright for 'one of them'.

Funniest poster of the year: @Sidney Fiddler - always.
    Runner up: @Spurf - his mock hatred of Punk Rock always makes me chortle.

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs): Too many to choose from but I'm far too much of a gentleman/coward to name names..

Oh my God....even my eldest who hates football was welling up. It should mean this much.

Thread of the year: 'The Sullivan and Gold Comedy Corner' - Sooooo much good stuff.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  15. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Awww shucks! Never received this much love from Spurs fans in my life, not even from my Spurs-supporting mates! <laugh>

On a serious note though, I come on here regularly because you lot make me feel welcome. And even though I am an Arsenal fan and we all want the other club to fail, it's good that we can still have honest and fair discussions. Whether it's about your club, my club or any other club, I like reading and debating the varied opinions of you all.

Whenever I used to post on the Spurs board on JA606, the discussions would never flow like they do on here because they all assumed I was there to WUM (which I obviously wasn't!). So I appreciate that you guys have never assumed that I've been ill-intentioned.

Even when things have gotten heated between other posters and I, it's rarely ever resorted to slanging matches.

Fair play to all of you for making this a nice environment to come into <cheers> been a pleasure.

On a personal level, I wish you all a happy Christmas break and New Year.

When it comes to our clubs, I hope you lose today and lose every other game after that <laugh>

Best wishes <ok>

16. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

WUM alert!!!!

17. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Spurs POTY: Having got to know many people on here quite well (or as well as you can do through an internet forum), I couldn't possibly single out just one...
    Spurs POTY Runner-up: See above

Non Spurs POTY: It would be the height of vanity to vote for yourself, but who the f*** else is there?
    Non Spurs POTY Runner- up: :emoticon-0172-mooni

Funniest POTY: RCL
    Funniest POTY Runner-up: RCL

Worst POTY: Ensil - too much emphasis on sintax and grammer
    Worst POTY: What about my spelling?

GIF of the Year:

Best Thread: The Paul Stewart Thread

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Spurs poster of the year: Tough choice...I like you all...really there's not one that doesn't bring anything that isn't interesting, useful or witty. Special shout out to @Sidney Fiddler love his posting style <laugh> also like to read @bigsmithy9 random ramblings <laugh>

Non-Spurs poster of the year: I appreciate any non Spurs poster popping by...it's good to have someone to bully now and again...it improves board morale.@littleDinosaurLuke is one of our own...he doesn't qualify for this award anymore. I'm giving it to that @BrunelGooner he's level headed for a Gooner kaant

Funniest poster of the year: I think we are all hilarious in our own way... especially @Spurf I know he's itching to give me a mouthful for my Levy rants <laugh> but he's restraining himself well.

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs): I don't see it like that...Now and again someone might pop in and take the whole board on...I enjoy reading such conflicts and partaking in them...maybe I'm not wired right...I don't know.

There's so many...my all time favourite is

Often used when one of the weak wumsters is getting a right old roasting from all and sundry.

Thread of the year:

New stadium plans by HBIC has to be my thread of the year...a thank you to HBIC for that and the regular contributors...Brian...RDBD...Spur of the moment..Perryman and all the other regular contributers to it..Its been great following the construction of our new stadium

Special shout out for Spurf and SD for the prediction leagues...PNP for the superb match threads...Audrey for his songs...the old timers amongst us who's posts between themselves usually contain some great stories of our club from back in the day. HBIC for his watchful eye on the transfer activity all over the world, impressive stuff...Rainman aka RDBD for his number crunching.

Apologies for anyone I might not have mentioned...King, Roo, Dee, DH, No Kane....etc etc etc I certainly know who you all are

Trying to cram everyone in oh yeah @remembercolinlee youre a kaaant

Merry Christmas Maggie and Gentlemen.

God bless, goodnight

2-6 <diva>

COYS!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Spurs poster of the year: I think this year has been one of the funniest, everyone seems to have found their sense of humour and I've loved that. My POTY goes to @Spur of the Moment. Regularly has me laughing out loud, usually at inappropriate times.

Runner up: @Spurlock - by some distance the coolest dude on here.

Shout out to @Spurm - welcome return to the board, another of the funniest posters on here. Hopefully next year we might see even more of him.

Non-Spurs poster of the year: I'm not sure Luke qualifies and he knows we love him here, so I'm going @BrunelGooner - tells us how it is from our rivals perspective and it is interesting to hear that. However deluded <whistle>

Runner up: @BobbyD on the Spurs board can also contribute in a non confrontational manner (has his moments on the Prem Board) and another welcome visitor

Funniest poster of the year: See POTY
    Runner up: @"Thanks for that Brian" but he rest of the board frankly. The Banter on here has been top class this year

Worst poster of the year (Spurs or non-Spurs): Diego - here to score points, but stays enough within the guidelines to be able to stay.

GIF/ Meme/ Pic of the year: no idea

Thread of the year: I have really enjoyed new stadium thread shout out to Brian, @perrymanlegend and @humanbeingincroydon and Ex-spurs thread. Love hearing updates - especially those that were in the team during my formative years - late 70s early 80s

20. Aw shucks!! :emoticon-0111-blush <double>
    Merry Xmas, SD <cracker>