1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours .....Till next time

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

2. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

One of "Nietzche's" bad eggs apparently. Well if he's p'd off JB he can't be all bad... ahem!

3. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The bad egg thread on the steptoe board seems to have him as being completely under used - no stick at all in fact. I would welcome him

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Ald Gued was not even on the bench for place so they mite let him go as they dont need him ? 4 mill ?

6. Bolton's Boots

A bit steep - he only has a year left on his contract, if I'm not mistaken, so shouldn't cost that much. Maybe another season-long loan & then sign him as an out of contract player... :)

7. brian_66_usa

unless we give them a big loan fee they will want to see him

8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Matthieu Flamini according to the Wobby via the Daily Star....
    Keiran Trippier of Burnley according to the Daily Mail

9. brian_66_usa

The only news id like to hear is that jokanovic is close to signing a new contract .I hear they are a long way apart

10. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

I do wonder if Slav not committing will affect anyone we want to sign - they will want to know who they are working for?

The press and media will love it if we do have to look for a new manager!

Last edited: May 18, 2015

11. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Undoubtedly - this needs sorting out - and quickly. I can't access betting sites at the moment but will have a look alter to see if there's a market for a new manager for us. That's usually a reasonable barmoeter!

12. brian_66_usa

Our owners will only pay slav so much they will have a short list to replace him already drawn up

13. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Slav brought us up but I can see him neing moved to Granada and someone off our radar being put in the driving seat. Only the Pozzos and Slav really know whats going on.

14. Bolton's Boots

Not that far apart - one's in Spain on holidays.
    What's been 'reported' in The Sun, and picked up by other members of the media, is just speculation wrapped up as rumour.

15. hornetsfan1963

hornetsfan1963 Active Member

I'm hoping Slav signs up soon ...seems a little strange that he has not already put pen to paper .
    Hope he's not waiting to see if either Newcastle or Sunderland stay up .
    Our owners have their unique model and are very much involved . Perhaps he wants more say in building a team or has been offered more money elsewhere.
    Will be disappointed if he does go , sense he is going to be a top coach / manager , but would wish him well if he does decide not to continue with Watford .

16. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Poor old Slav! He has just done a wonderful job in getting us promoted and is now on holiday with his family, whom I am sure he has missed. If I were him I would have told the Pozzos, "I'm having a break. I want to stay but we can talk about the details later." His contract hasn't ended so he doesn't have to worry about no income. Of course, if Real Madrid asked him to coach them for €5m before he signs for us then he would obviously go to them. He would go to them even if he had signed a contract with us.

As the Pozzos said a couple of weeks ago, speculation is futile. The don't drop hints to the media. I have no doubt that everything will be sorted when pre-season starts. There may be an additional player or two after that, but I suspect all the players that we are likely to attempt to sign will have been decided. I can't see the current regime panic buying just before the window shuts. They will have sorted what they want and who they think will achieve it ( and have contingencies in place if they don't get their first choices).

The only thing that we, as supporters, can be sure of is that there will be surprises.

17. brian_66_usa

i was going by what jokanovic told the wobby . Im sure he wants to stay but wants the same wage as the other clubs would offer him . Our owners will like to pay for results ie large bonus for staying in the EPL

18. hornetsfan1963

hornetsfan1963 Active Member

NZ Horn ..I'm not expecting many surprises this close season , just half a dozen foreign imports, with tongue twisting names for Derek Payne to struggle with . Managed to get along to the last 7 home games , but think I will struggle for tickets next season , so back to the joys of 3 counties commentary .

19. Bolton's Boots

He didn't actually tell the Wobby anything - their article only quotes what he is supposed to have told The Sun. Who, I'm sure, just made it up.

20. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

One problem could be that Watford may only offer a rolling 1 year contract Italian style whilst the likes of Newcastle et al will offer 3 to 5 year deals.