1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Possibly the finest football book ever written

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/They-Dared-...o Dream: How Rodgers' Liverpool Went So Close

"This book reminds me of some of the lesser known works of Ian Flemming, some of his earlier James Bond novels such as "Tomorrow Never Comes" - the one where Bond nearly stops an atomic bomb, but fails and the world is completely blown up, "Pinkeye" - the one where there is unrest in Russia but he can't help out because he's hospitalised with a severe case of pinkeye, and of course who can forget "Gotnopussy" - where Bond almost beds a beautiful exoctic babe, but doesn't.

Many people have described this book as a modern day rip off of the story of 'Icarus', but I disagree, I think the writing style is brilliant and only hope that it gets the recognition it deserves as a contemporary classic, rather than 'slipping' away into literary oblivion.

5 stars."

<laugh>
    A must buy for any scousers not in counselling

2. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Ironically, all these funny reviews made about his book may be helping him sell more copies.

He probably would have sold 20 copies and almost no one heard of the book if it wernt for all the widely circulated links to the parody reviews.

As it is... I've seen links to his book 5 times now... so it must be broadcast to a wide audience of potential buyers.

The reviews are almost certainly better than the book itself.

3. weararedbonnet

weararedbonnet Well-Known Member

Sell more copies? Who to exactly?

Not a single right minded supporter of any other club would be interested. so it's purely down to Liverpool fans. The reviews are all opposing fans taking the p**s for bragging about becoming second.

Congrats to City on winning the premiership, and double congrats for making the YSB's lose out just when they thought it was theirs for the taking

4. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

If people didn't post the link- no one would have heard of the book- now it's famous.

Who will buy?
    I'm sure some fans will buy legitimately (ignoring the reviews) for a season recap.
    I'm sure many more still will buy the book as a gag gift or to wind up their friends.

All this free publicity is probably making the author a lot of money.