1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Poor form or hilarious - you decide!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by West London Willy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41118927

Fifa has rejected Leicester City's application to register midfielder Adrien Silva after the club missed the deadline by 14 seconds.

The Foxes signed the midfielder from Sporting Lisbon for £22m but finalised parts of the deal near the close of the summer transfer window on 31 August.

Silva's registration was not completed in time with football's governing body meaning he is ineligible until January.

Leicester are in the process of trying to appeal against the decision.

The club own Silva but points of the deal were not completed adequately meaning they are required to pay his wages until they can attempt to register him again in January.

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Some of our dealings were ridiculous....but...
    However got to say our signing of the Blackpool winger Bright Osayi-Samuel seemed to take place 2 days after the window closed...and was put down to Blackpool playing ars**es

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

To late for this window but I think we need to sign this bloke up as goalkeeper cover come January. And he's got his own kit!

"he's making a mockery out of you boy"

Steelmonkey and UTRs like this.
  4. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

14 seconds or 14 hours.................etc etc. I suppose the deadline is the deadline.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  5. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh><ok>

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Is it a case of there being such a volume of documents being sent by hundreds of clubs all over Europe at the same time that the system can't cope? I know that my company's pre-book website often crashes at the opening of the booking time and it can take anything up to half an hour for it to be accessible. I presume that this relates to faxed documents which will have the exact time of sending on them which would suggest the sender is at fault so whatever time it actually does arrive the time stamp is on it. Just serves to show what a farce deadline day has become...

7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

They should have signed him earlier than the last minute of deadline day

UTRs likes this.
  8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Has anyone seen that the Prem clubs have voted to close the transfer window before the start of the season. It will now close at 5pm on the Thursday before it begins. I can't see that it will make much difference as no other countries or leagues in England are doing it.

please log in to view this image

9. West London Willy

All that means is that post August 9th or whenever, there will be three weeks of asset stripping by European clubs, and it will simply weaken the Premier League sides.

10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's kinda what I thought Willy. It's a disadvantage rather than an advantage and throws up more questions than answers.

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Also means that any British/English players abroad, such as Bale, that may find themselves surplus to requirements after our deadline would have no chance of an immediate return.

Funnily enough I ferried the West Ham Baroness to the Premier League meeting yesterday, I had to laugh at the job notes which stated 'If S Class is not available send people carrier, under no circumstances send an E Class'. Clearly Premier League...

12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

And the inevitable legal challenge when he scores the winning goal in a critical match. Less likely as he's able to play in January anyway but that might not stop the lawyers!

13. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Didn't I read somewhere that Ollie said that closing the window pre season would be bad for clubs in the lower leagues? Can't think why though.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The other leagues are likely to follow the PL, just move the whole fiasco forward a week or two. The entire world market depends on the liquidity that the English PL (and PSG) clubs put into it - if the money stops moving earlier the market stops as well.

15. West London Willy

The other thing it will do is encourage panic buying if there's less time to get things sorted, meaning even more ridiculous transfer fees. And English clubs will end up bearing the brunt.