1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pompey v Peterborough

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by Wooperts_duck, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

2. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Portsmouth boss Kenny Jackett has confirmed Omar Bogle could return for his side's Sky Bet League One clash with Peterborough.

On-loan forward Bogle missed Pompey's last two matches with a swollen knee and ankle but returned to training on Monday.

Pompey remain without long-term absentee Jack Whatmough, though, with Christian Burgess set to continue at centre-back.

Jackett has no fresh injury concerns and a win on Tuesday would put Portsmouth a point behind league-leaders Luton and Barnsley with one game remaining.

George Cooper is a doubt for play-off hopefuls Peterborough after twisting his ankle during Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Walsall.

The midfielder had to be substituted after just 24 minutes and Ivan Toney, who replaced him at the weekend, could be an option to start at Fratton Park.

Defender Ryan Tafazolli returned to training on Thursday and Friday following a knee problem but reported further issues on Saturday.

On-loan defender Ben White could feature after being included in Darren Ferguson's squad at Walsall following an ankle injury.

Opta stats
    • Portsmouth have won five of their last six games in all competitions against Peterborough (L1), winning each of the last three.
    • There hasn't been a draw in the last 10 meetings between Portsmouth and Peterborough United at Fratton Park - Pompey winning seven and losing three.
    • Portsmouth have won each of their last four league games at Fratton Park, they haven't won five successive home games since December 2017.
    • Peterborough have won just two of their last nine away league games (D2 L5), and just one of the last five (D1 L3).
    • Portsmouth's Jamal Lowe has had a hand in eight goals in his last 10 league games (5 goals, 3 assists).

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Have we run out of steam, having given everything possilbe after our mid winter blues? I notice Curtis was hauled off yet again. What's going on there? And again no Dennis. Is he not just as good as Vaughan?

4. The Ides of March

Play/-offs it is. Our season goes well into May. Were Pompey just flat tonight? I feel we need to freshen things up on Saturday and give guys like Dennis an outing. I just hope the team are not too despondent and will perform with a smile on their faces on Saturday. Let's enjoy the final match and go and enjoy the play-offs.

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

woo hoo

6. The Ides of March

How often this happens where a team is promoted without playing on the actual day? A much deserved promotion to both yourselves and Luton. You have some great matches to look forward to - Wednesday, Forest, Huddersfield, Boro or Leeds or perhaps both. Just don't become a yo-yo team as you have been for a few years now.

Did you have a big clear out last summer,or just a change of coach?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

ah
    erm
    pass

woopert help

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  8. The Ides of March

He's making his way back to the Isle of Wight so you are stuck with me in Mallorca!!!

9. Libby

Libby 9-0

This has aged well chaps :)

Good luck in the play offs ;)

10. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Lost tonight to probably the most despicable team in Division One <grr>

From the manager (Darren Ferguson) to his coaching staff and players, they are a horrible bunch. The infamous Marcus Maddison seemed to spend more time laying on the pitch looking for free kicks than standing upright, Lee Tomlin apart from his goal, spent most of his time whinging to the referee and Linesmen, trying to win free kicks for non existing fouls, and their keeper started pathetic time wasting after they had scored their first goal in the 13th minute!!

I sit quite near the player dugouts in the lower south stand, and their revolting coach Aaron McLean was clearly gesticulating at our fans with "V signs" after they scored their second goal. Funny how the 4th official and Police failed to notice this. Still, what do you expect ?!

As Sunderland lost too at Fleetwood Town, we are still in 3rd place in the table. I just hope that Doncaster Rovers win on Saturday to retain 6th place to prevent Peterborough from stealing a place in the play-offs.

Attendance was 18,396, including 238 away fans.

Sharpe* likes this.

11. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Don't worry Ides, Kiwi is a QPR fan who is one of many fine football supporters who have "Hijacked" the Barnsley forum, due to actual Barnsley fans being disinterested in posting any messages on there. Hence the situation there were only 238 of their supporters at Fratton Park this evening, despite the fact they are fighting to get into the play-offs :)

kiwiqpr likes this.
  12. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

13. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Blimey what a game that was. I'm nacard this morning <laugh>

My thoughts firstly was they gave 100% so I can't really complain too much and still all to play for in the play-offs.

I thought Peterborough were a bunch of sods who play acted from 4 minutes on with every trick in the book.

Players going down pretending to be injured, throwing the ball away, taking ages to do any set piece/throw in, walking across any of our free kicks, coming out late for the second half and having a team talk, an age to reset after scoring.

Their third that striker just sat on the floor by their away fans and then when they finally reset Darren Ferguson or one of their playing staff decided to go onto the pitch to talk to his team!

I've never seen anything like it. Peterborough just decided they would stop the game and have a chat! Referee totally powerless and completely lost control - Peterborough did a proper job on him.

I counted 4 hand balls not given and one should have been a penalty and then we should have had a penalty in the first half for the shove on Vaughan I think it was.

One of those games where the lads gave everything and the opposition didn't deserve it.

Having said that the 2 on 1 where Pitman squared the ball instead of shooting and the other guy was offside? Never ever want to see such incompetence again!

Our defense was unusually wobbly last night despite Burgess playing well whereas Peterborough's was good - twice a sliding block stopped us from almost certainly scoring.

We actually played really well in parts - almost too good and a bit too frantic leaving us exposed.

Entertaining game though! Won't forget that one in a while.

14. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

100% no.

It was frantic from the go.

Might be flat going into play offs though.