1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pne v watford

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, May 4, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Northenders and all.

Saturday is the final game of the season for the championship and PNE will end their season with a home game against Watford. The kickoff will be 12.45.

It is not only PNE's final league game of the season but also their last game in this division for at least one season.

This season has been a traumatic affair both for the club and all their supporters, with relegation being on the cards for quite a time before it was confirmed over the Easter period. The PNE manager Phil Brown is already drawing up his plans and making preparations for life in Div 1 next season. I think it safe to assume that several players will be departing with a few new ones coming in. Brown has already stated that he sees next season team/squad as being a combination of young and experienced players, with the emphasis being on the crop of PNE youth now breaking through to the first team.

Brown introduced several young players at Ipswich in the last game, and although the team lost 2-1 did themselves credit and could and probably should have picked up a point.

I personal hope that the young players will again be used against Watford and will be surprised if they aren't. Watford have nothing to lose or gain in terms of league position so they should play with freedom etc, as long as they haven't got one eye on their holiday destination.

I hope that PNE give a good account of themselves in this end of season game, and the youngsters who are selected show what they are capable of when given the opportunity is given to them. It would nice to end the season on a winning note after all that has gone on previously, a good performance maybe lighting the fuse for next season's attempt to return to the Championship.

I believe PNE will win this game to bring down the curtain on a disastrous season.

What do you think ?????

TFP

:emoticon-0112-wonde

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Depends if Watford arrive with beach wear on, could be goalless could be anything, suspect some more young ones playing on Saturday

3. lilywhite forever

Good morning guys.

I think PB will have the lads fired up for this. He wasn't happy with Treacy last week, saying that his attitude was unacceptable, so i think the players will bear that in mind. The youngsters will be out to prove themselves and will have the fire in their bellies to give it their all. That said, I'm not sure if we'll win this one so I'm going for a 2-2 draw. Can't be there today due to bloody work commitments :emoticon-0120-doh:

Hopefully my day can be cheered come 2-45 this afternoon :smile:

4. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

You know what I think plummy :)

All out attack :)

2-1 to the kids :)

or maybe 4-0 either way LOL

5. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

3-1 NOT bad, Treacy played well we had half the Deepdale Primary under 12's playing in the 2nd half. Good luck and good bye to some of them however maybe the future isn't as bleak as we may think

6. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

I've never thought the future was bleak :)
    Going down might just end up being a good thing, if we start right and win games, more will come to the home of football :)

If Phil builds it they will come LOL

7. theflyingplumber

Morning good people and I am very pleased to report the score line of PNE 3...........Watford 1

By all accounts it was a spirited performance and a well deserved victory.
    Treacy was at his best following his dismal efforts on his previous appearance (thanks for sorting him out Mr Brown), and hit the bar and post during the game. Most reports give him the MOTM award.

Young striker Proctor scored his first PNE league goal and caused the Watford defence problems with his strength and pace. All the other youngsters who made an appearance also did extremely well, and mention should be made of Carter's contribution for the Whites.

All in all a very satisfactory result and one that brings PNE's era in the championship to a close. The last few games have shown that the youngsters are now ready to make a challenge for first team selection next season, it is going to be tough but there could be exciting times ahead watching the youngsters blossom and make their mark in the first team. Thing's do not look anywhere near as bleak now as they did when relegation was confirmed, so remain positive Northenders next season could be the one when PNE bounce back again...UTW

<ok>