1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Player Ratings v Ipswich

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FORZA LEEDS, Aug 27, 2011.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Just got back,thought I'd give you some ratings before slashing my wrists.

Lonergan 7 solid,dependable,not at fault for goals
    Lees 6 solid,no blame
    Kisnorbo 7 battled well,good leader
    O'Dea 7 surprisingly looked the part
    White 3 had 3 yard start on JET,dithered,lost us the game
    Snodgrass 6 great cross for goal,finding some form
    Clayton 6 not his best game but battled 2nd half
    Howson 4 poor distribution,anonymous when a captains role was required,can't tackle,not someone you'd want alongside you in trenches. Shouldve been sacrificed instead of McCormack
    Gradel 6 always dangerous,no end product
    Keogh 7 Battled well,thankless task in 2nd half
    McCormack 8 Our best player,took goal well,should have been kept on pitch,could quite easily have got another even with 10 men Ipswich were that poor.
    Subs
    O'Brien 4 he's had it
    Sam & Nunez n/a no time to do anything.

Grayson 4 Bad decision taking McCormack off,should have sacrificed Howson. Ipswich had nothing in midfield,even when Bullard came on.
    I feel Grayson cost us this game just as much as White.

Right,where's me razor?:sad:

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

This is the most vital rating of them all. An actual captain would have surely taken this game by the scruff of its neck. And all we can muster is Jonny Howson. :(

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Keep saying it drop Howson to the Bench, Clayton and Nunez in the middle, Howson is over rated he has 1 good game and lives off that reputation for the next 2-3.

4. Jerel Ifil

Clayton and Nunez still sounds a bit lightweight. If Michael Brown were 10 years younger, we'd have an ideal midfield five but I just don't know any more. Maybe Brown deserves another chance. Maybe I'm just seeing the grass being greener. All I know is that we could have bought a proper midfielder/leader/captain if we'd had the funds available and I'm ****ing fuming about it. But my Bates routine is getting tedious now so I'll shut up for a bit.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't stand Bates and the money situation. I have sang Graysons praise but I am getting fed up singing them now. He has been at leeds a while now, some moves he makes like spotting what Clayton and Nunez were going to bring is sheer genius but then to sign so many useless defenders is a little head scratching and I still cannot understand why we are looking at Forsell.

6. Jerel Ifil

Just in case he could be even better than Keogh/McCormack, I guess. My opinion is that you can get good young players like Clayton and Nunez on the cheap but when it comes to experience (i.e. proven players) who you know will do a job and keep your defence tight, it's going to cost you. But I made a promise to shut about Bates and I'll keep it! Until tomorrow morning at least.

[nsfw]Which starts in 7 minutes! :)[/nsfw]

7. FORZA LEEDS

I think Grayson's made a rod for his own back making Howson captain,even if he's having a poor game he feels he can't take his captain off.
    I don't think Howson is captain material,he's not a leader,doesn't inspire others by making one or two crunching tackles. Yesterday Snoddy was the one trying to rally the troops,made a real effort.
    Howson's one good game in three is not good enough,& if he wasn't captain yesterday he'd have been subbed.
    Kisnorbo should be captain,or if not him then Snodgrass,but not Howson.

8. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Paddy should be captain....howson should be dropped for Nunez......
    larry im starting lose my love for you...........

9. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

I thought it illegal to criticise Howson on any Leeds forums, I mean he's a local lad and supports the club, so he must be great!!!!!!

I SMELL ****E.​

10. Jerel Ifil

I thought Paddy had said in public that he didn't want to be captain?

11. eastyorkshirewhite

Agree with all your marks except i thought lonergan was a bit slow down for the 1st goal

12. FORZA LEEDS

Having seen the sending off again on tv it did seem a tad harsh. There must be some history between D'Urso & Ipswich as their fans were on his back from the off. Added to that during the 1st half he did give a couple of 50/50 decisions Leeds way which incensed them even more. By the time of the White incident they were baying for blood & I feel D'Urso felt compelled to send him off where instead a yellow card would have sufficed or even a free kick to Leeds for a push on White in the first place.
    Still doesn't excuse the fact that Grayson took our best player McCormack off nor does it excuse our captain going MIA.