1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Player ratings for Charlton game

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Paul_in_Yorks, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Can't believe we couldn't finish Charlton off today. We just don't seem to be able to score at the minute. I don't think are strikers are up to it, and I can't for the life of me think why we didn't use our subs and throw some fresh legs on in the last 15 minutes.

These are my scores for each player:

Brill - 7, kept on top of things, but didn't really have much to do.
    Mvoto - 5, hoofing balls all over the place
    Hazell - 6, wobbly at the minute, few wayward balls today
    White - 7, I still rate him, shame he couldnt have played the full 90
    Jones - 6, fairly solid I thought
    Furman - 5, scared of going forward, seems to be lacking confidence
    Taylor - 8, played well on the right, had a pretty good game I thought
    Lee - 7, fairly solid
    Reid - 4, don't rate him at all. Lazy and uninterested. At least he's lost a bit of weight.
    Evina - 9, had a good game, the only one with any flair and confidence today.
    Tounkara - 5, couldn't seem to hold the ball up today. Fell over at the slightest contact. Doesn't score enough for a forward in my opinion

Subs: Alessandra - no point in rating him. He had about 5 minutes.... Not long enough for any impact!

Thoughts? Too harsh?

2. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

I wouldn't say much different.
    Evina played well and so did Taylor like you've said.
    As soon as Charlton went down to 10 men they played a lot more defensively.

3. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

It's interesting how fans have different opinions about players having watched the same game! For me Dean Furman was the Man of the Match having covered every blade of grass on the pitch. At times he was even behind the defence in order to pick up the ball. One thing he doesn't lack is confidence, and I'd prefer him as captain rather than Hazell! I also expect Furman to receive the fans player of the year award at the end of the season awards bash in a couple of weeks.

Although I agree that Reid has a reputation for being lazy and not looking interested, I thought he had one of his best games for the club!

I quite liked the look of White when he first joined the club, especially as a left-footer cutting in from the right. However, he is a little light weight and tends to fade away in many games. I thought he was poor on Saturday, and I'd replace him with Morais if he's fit on Saturday.

For me Mvoto had a solid game at the back, but kept it simple.

However, I'd agree that Taylor and Evina - who was our best attacking option in the 2nd half - had good games.

4. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

Taylor and Evina should batter Yeovil.