1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Plato...

Discussion in 'Other Motorsports' started by BrightLampShade, Sep 3, 2012.

1. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is about the BTCC one not the philosopher, mathematician, and student of Socrates one.

Jason Plato 'needs banning' from BTCC, says team boss David Bartrum

Plato, forever in the limelight for good and bad reasons has opened his mouth about Aron Smith at Knockhill which has resulted in a comeback from Aron's boss David Bartrum.

Love him or hate him Plato is forever treading on the line of right and wrong. I'm wondering what peoples thoughts on him are, I don't get to watch more than 50% of the season normally but he does seem to be getting worse these days. Is he a bad boy hero or just getting plain reckless?

2. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

He's becoming a bit more Schumacher-ish. Some cynical driving, with the odd bit of excellence.

3. Stephen Lickorish

The last two years he's just been moaning almost non-stop. First he was too slow without a turbo, now he's too slow with a turbo. Although to be honest, the regulation rows are getting ridiculous and I think it's time for a major change- possibly even the banning of the older S2000 cars to make everyone equal.

4. happyal

happyal Active Member

Ever time I’ve watched BTTC lately I’ve seen Plato do the most horrible things on tract to other drivers with no comeback from the governing body. The guy is a complete idiot, he thinks of himself as good gift to touring cars and in my opinion should be banned for his on track antics. Also every time he opens his mouth my opinion of him drops even more.

As for BTTC itself, it’s unwatchable in my opinion. It’s not a racing series anymore it’s more like a cartoon of it’s former self because they don’t enforce any kind of driving standards. It might as well be called wacky races.

5. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I dont think Neil is any better to be honest - the issue is that nudging and "trading paint" has been tolerate for so long.