1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pietersen Quits

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by stopmeandslapme, May 31, 2012.

1. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

International limited overs cricket:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/18280196

Apparently he wanted to continue to represent England in T20 but not 50 overs and was told it's all or nothing, he chose nothing. We will miss him at the T20 World Cup later this year. He will continue to play test cricket (if selected).

Swann has stated that 50 over cricket should be scrapped.

Seems the players are turning against the 50 over game which is dissapointing as, though T20 maybe fun to watch, the outcome is often decided by a quick few sixes from one player. 50 over cricket has produced many fascinating games and I think winning the 50 over World Cup is a far bigger achievement than the T20 equivalent.

Thanks for the years of smacking the ball into the stands KP.

2. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

ECB need to look at the contracts because KP was happy to play T20 as well as the tests
    Impossible for players to play all 3 forms of the game at the top level for 15 years - need to have more flexibility

3. davewcw

davewcw New Member

The problem with 50 over cricket IMHO is that 7 match series are overkill for everyone involved.

The ICC and the national cricketing boards should be creating triangular series with context and meaning.

They are only so many of them because they are great for money spinning for the boards.

KP will be a huge loss and I think England have made a massive mistake.

The dark horse for the T20 world cup will be the West Indies.

Any thoughts peeps?

4. potter

potter New Member

I agree 7 match ODI series are beyond stupid. it's just to much for the players to handle. They should at least half the ODI series. The only reasoning for them is money motivated. I can see West Indies being dark horses they have great power within their batting ranks which was displayed during the New Zealand game. Players like Gayle, Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Smith and Samuels have great six hitting ability. Plus they have Narine who was great in the IPL.