1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheBear, Dec 3, 2018.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Man is this guy under-rated.

He is lightning quick, can score from distance and is absolutely devastating in the box.

Since he arrived at Arsenal he has hit 20 goals in his 27 Premier League appearances. No player has scored more goals in the competition in that time. It is three more than Harry Kane and eight more than Sergio Aguero. This is even more impressive when you consider half of those games were played on the LW.

Aubameyang's minutes-per-goal ratio during this period is also superior to any of his rivals. His goals have come at a rate of one every 104 minutes compared to the 110 minutes per goal of Aguero and the 113 minutes per goal of Salah. As for Kane, his 17 goals for Tottenham in this time have come at a rate of one every 135 minutes.

Incredibly, he has found the net with each of his last 10 shots on target in the Premier League.
    His overall conversion rate at Arsenal is 40%o_O (Opta)

With all the hype Harry Kane, Sergio Aguero and Mo Salah have been getting it is worth noting just how good Auba has been since his arrival. <ok>

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

He is epic. Although I'd argue two points. Firstly who exactly doesn't rate him for him to be described as 'under-rated'? The whole world has rated him for years. And secondly the bit I've underlined is a nice stat... but does ignore how many shots off target he's had in that time frame. I'm sure it's probably not all that many actually, but if he had 70 shots off target for every 10 on target it wouldn't be quite so cool.

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Well perhaps by under-rated I'm just saying he doesnt get the same level praise you see for players like Harry Kane and Eden Hazard.

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Probably because Arsenal have been relatively quiet since Emery took over. Since we've got in the top 4 with a thumping win against Spurs, I can see a lot more attention on our players, especially on our two front players.

The PL truly has an embarrassment of riches with 6 teams fielding world class players. Never has a league had this many top quality teams at one time. Funny to say that the worst team of the 6 is Man U, with one of the best managers in footballing history leading them.