1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Petition to change EFL governance

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Tangerino, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

A message to ALL football fans, regardless of which club you follow;

Blackpool Supporters Trust has recently created a government petition with the following aim;

The Government must introduce an independent regulator for English football. We urge the Government to introduce an independent regulator for English football, charged with ensuring the highest possible standards of governance for all clubs.

The troubles we have endured at Blackpool FC during the Oyston ownership are well documented and make unbelievable reading, which has culminated in the Oystons being made to pay Valeri Belokon over £30m.

Blackpool FC has become a by-word in the football community for mismanagement and crisis, and yet after a period several years, nothing has been done. The EFL shows no sign that it understands what its leadership role in this area should be, and as it clearly can’t - or won’t - rise to the challenge, then we feel that the Government must step in to lead the process of fundamental reform that is clearly needed.

Blackpool is not the only club in such circumstances. Other 'crisis' clubs include AFC Wimbledon, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Coventry City, Fulham, Leyton Orient, Leeds United.

Football clubs are too precious and too much a part of the fabric of our national life, to be left to the mercy of unregulated and often unscrupulous ownership. They need the protection of a robust regulatory framework that offers a range of sanctions against wrongdoers, mechanisms that allow problems to be confronted before they become deep-rooted and a governing body that has the desire to use it.

As football fans, I would ask that you join us in trying to bring about change within the game and hopefully prevent future owners from loading clubs with debt, asset stripping and running clubs into the ground.

We are all fans and we should stick together to ensure the clubs we love are owned and managed properly.

The petition can be found here – https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108

Thank you all for your support and if you have Twitter, please feel free to tweet this or add on Facebook - get this message out there!!

If you are a member of any other of your club's fans forums, please post this on there to spread the word – we, as fans, are all in this together.

Please let us know if you sign it, or even disagree with the petition by adding a comment/thumbs up. You can also sign the petition if you are browsing as a guest on this forum.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. The Ginger Marks

Another knobhead who spams all the teams boards with this ****e when one post in the match day thread or what are you doing would be acceptable. <ok>

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

1. A single thread on a club's forum is hardly spam in my opinion.

2. The thread title is accurate in terms of giving users the option to read it or not

3. I am quite well educated and you do not know me, so on what basis do you assume I am a knobhead

4. Posting the link in a matchday thread would push the post off the page, thereby denying other users the option of reading the post and deciding if they wish to support the petition or not

5. The post is also on numerous other clubs forums within the not606 site. Many are happy for it to be there and users are happily contribiting

6. Sign the petition or don't - you have a choice

7. Good luck today

5. The Ginger Marks

Its spam pure and simple pal and I know you're a knobhead because you're not bright enough to use the proper threads and no I won't sign your ****ty petition, my choice!

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Your choice pal

7. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Forgot to add...
    I take it you are ranting from the Etihad.

chill out for gods sake

8. The Ginger Marks

And I take it you’re ranting from where no ****er gives a ****.

9. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

That’s the first post you’ve written that’s Chelsea related - although it’s a tad derogatory. You live in a ‘free’ country and you have consumer choice. If you don’t like the way your club is being run then vote with your feet and don’t go. Why make it a national government issue? You mention Cardiff City and Fulham as being ‘crisis’ clubs, how so? Both those clubs are vying for promotion back to the Premiership and I remember a time when they were both in Div 4. Seems to me that they are better run now than then.

10. The Ginger Marks

Because he is an Uber bell-end who's clearly after a sports science degree or some other meaningless ****e.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I pretty much disagree with everything Tangerino says in the OP.

The very last thing I would want is an "independent" regulator for the Football, chiefly because it would not remain independent for very long.
    Money talks, and football is all about money these days.
    Plus these owners pay a good amount of money for these clubs, only for some third party group of **** birds to dictate to them how they must run their business? I dont think so. As long as nothing illegal is happening, then it should be up to the owners to run as they see fit without outside interference.

If you want to argue for stricter conditions for being deemed suitable to own a football club, then I am all for it. But once the owners have bought the club, it's theirs to do with as they see fit.

Yes some owners mismanage their clubs, but then I will say the same as Bristol, stop going to matches and stop buying merchandise and the owners will soon **** off when the money dries up. Vote with your wallet, its the only thing that these people understand.

Like ALL the Arsenal numpties paying the most expensive ticket prices in the PL to go to games, so they can sit there with their Wenger Out signs and complain about Stan Kroenke....Dude, once you have paid for your ticket, they couldn't give nine ****s what banner you bring in, or what you say on Arsenal Fan TV or Talksport, they have your money so they win and you lose........

Bristol Blue likes this.
  12. Bristol Blue

In fact, professional football has always been about money. When the football league was founded, the rich Northern mill owners of Burnley, Blackburn, Preston etc, competed with each other to buy the best players and to build the best terraces and stands. Chelsea came into being in 1905 and bought a job lot of players to get into the old Div 2. Football is an entertainment business, if Tangerino doesn’t like the product on offer at Blackpool he could take the short trip to Preston to watch them. :1980_boogie_down:.......What say you Tangerino? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I like the photo on Bod's page. Can I get one, and how much do they cost? Or if anyone has one that they don't want pm me :emoticon-0138-think.

14. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Ok, been busy.

There have been protests at BFC for many, many years regarding the Oyston ownership - not just since the PL season.
    • Staying away from games and not putting money in the owners pocket - thousands of BFC fans have boycotted the club and attendance figures have dropped dramatically.
    • Visiting teams have been contacted to inform their fans of the ongoing boycott and asked that they do not purchase merchandise inside the groundor do not attend
    • so yes, we are doing what we can within our own club to starve the owners
    However, the petition is not just for BFC, but for ALL other clubs who are facing or could face issues in the future.

I agree with some of the points raised above re: the money talking and independence being not so independent. But until we try, we won't know. We can at least put the EFL in an uncomfortable position and raise awareness of their lack of duty and respect for football fans.

"if Tangerino doesn’t like the product on offer at Blackpool he could take the short trip to Preston to watch them. :1980_boogie_down:.......What say you Tangerino? :emoticon-0102-bigsm"
    Not a problem for me, as I am a fan of football and would be happy to watch Preston (again), Fleetwood (again) or AFC Fylde (again), as I enjoy the game and have not been willing to go and see my own team whilst the Oystons are at the club for the past four years.

My nephew also plays for Preston, so I have no qualms there at all. Some things transcend football rivalry.

"Because he is an Uber bell-end who's clearly after a sports science degree or some other meaningless ****e." Nope, already have a non sports related degree. This is nothing other than looking for support to try and change something that needs changing as a football fan. I did not create the petition, but I support it.

As previously stated, I am not here to argue the toss with anyone, the petition is available to sign - or not as the case may be. But your support would be gratefully received

Good luck for the rest of the season

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Bristol Blue likes this.
  15. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

Over 10,000 signatures now received :emoticon-0148-yes:

16. The Ginger Marks

Won't matter a jot. <ok>

Blueman likes this.
  17. Bristol Blue

Great reply Tangerino, I enjoyed reading your post but I do not support the petition and am still baffled by the point of it. As for you watching Blackpool’s rivals that are Preston - fair shout, I’d watch Brentford at a push but only because I often frequent the pubs in that area. Looking back, I enjoyed watching Chelsea play in the old Div 2, there was a better atmosphere at Stamford Bridge and it was far cheaper - relatively - to get in.

Tangerino and Blueman like this.
  18. Tangerino

Tangerino Active Member

No probs mate. If we all had the same opinions, it would be boring.

It may all come to nothing, but at least we are giving it a go.

Good luck for the rest of the season :)

Bristol Blue likes this.