1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pele - Self Publicity machine

Discussion in 'Scottish Premiership' started by Robert in Wilmslow, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Robert in Wilmslow

Robert in Wilmslow New Member

Pele without doubt is the most over-rated footballer in the history of the game. Pele played along side far better and humble footballers in Jair, Rivelino, Jarzinho, Didi, Vava, Garrincha, Tostao, Carlos Alberto etc. Even Emile Heskey would have looked half-decent playing with these greats. Now Im not saying Pele is that bad but Pele stole the headlines from his more talented and humble team-mates. Pele was the media darling and because he spoke English quickly adapted to becoming FIFAs poster boy. Pele moved to America on an extortionate salary and played in the MLS.

Pele might have scored over 1000 career goals but lets be honest here...the Brazilian national league as well as the various state leagues are played almost all year around and often in the state leagues Pele was playing against very third-rate teams often featuring carpenters and farmers. Pele being the greatest goalscorer in history is laughable and its just like saying Ali Daei from Iran is the greatest ever internation striker just because he has scored the most international goals.

After retiring Pele has continued being FIFAS poster boy and now he is Sepp Blatter's lapdog puppet ambassador travelling the globe and talking absolute rubbish. Its laughable.

Theres also another thing about Pele - His character. Pele tries to come across as holier than thou but in my opinion he has absolutely no credibility - for instance that disgusting attack he made on Robinho and the very great Ronaldo . Here below is the link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2335072/Robinho-outrage-at-Peles-drug-slur.html

He made Ronaldo and Robinho out to be druggies. Its so disorientated from Pele and awful.

Then there was that awful 125 greatest ever footballers list where he picked ridiculous names and left out real greats like Gerson, Tostao, Tom Finney and Denis Law and instead included El Hadji-Diouf, Hong Myung-Bo etc. It was utterly laughable. Gerson tore up the list live on Brazilian TV

I have alot of time for Scolari and he was blunt and honest of how the Brazilian players didnt want to meet Pele and that Pele should never be taken seriously. The link is below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/2144176.stm

Pele also committed brutal play on the pitch too. In 1964 when Argentina defeated Brazil 3-0 in the Maracana (Rattin had Pele in his backposcket)Pele viciously and violently head-butted a poor Argentinian players nose and split it wide open.

Who can forget Peles nostradamus like precitions like Colombia winning the 1994 world cup, an African nation winning the world cup before 2000 and hailing Nicky Butt as the player of the 2002 world cup.

These days Pele travels the globe as Blatter's lapdog puppet ambassador.

Pele never ever raises serious issues or comments on the state of the game today and issues like video technology...instead he loves to play the lapdog to the Blatter cabal. Pele is a charlatan of the highest order

Diego might have his faults and he does fight his demons and I love and respect people who fight and struggle and work hard to overcome their demons but what I love about Diego is he is so passionate about the game and his country that Diego would never bow to the Blatter cabal and actually speak out in what he believes to be the best for the game we all love.

Pele bows to the Blatter/Warner cabal and I simply have absolutely no respect for him