1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League PEEHS Weekly Reveal and Scores Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tommytoonAA, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommytoonAA

tommytoonAA Active Member

So after a manic first round of games we can have our first score update of the game! I'll reveal the answers in 3 stages, incorrect answers, followed by correct answers followed by the scores!

Question 1 - Who will score in gameweek 20?

So here we go... the WEEK 20 REVEAL

Firstly, the incorrect answers:

1) He was the bad boy who Brendan Rodgers felt he could tame but who didn't even take part in the match today...

Incorrect Answer - Mario Balotelli
    CryMeARiviere

2) Most NUFC fans would describe him as the better of the Amalfitano brothers (obviously NUFC bought the lesser sibling!) but he didn't help poor LaFraise today...

Incorrect Answer - Morgan Amalfitano
    LaFraise92

3) He's almost kept Arsenal in the top 6 all by himself this season but drew a blank on the South coast along with the rest of the Gooners...

Incorrect Answer - Alexis Sanchez
    Cabella the Redeemer

4) This player was bought to score in Monsieur Giroud's absence but hasn't really lived up to the billing and didn't even feature in their loss today...

Incorrect Answer - Danny Welbeck
    Beatski

5) The most backed player this round, he's been in fine form over the last 2 months but like a favourite in the Grand National who falls at the first hurdle he let a load of people down today (except for my Dad who chose not to homer this answer as a QPR fan)...

Incorrect Answer - Charlie Austin
    Yacob
    Cisse's Overheating Torso
    Heed
    Little Lion Man
    TJR

6) He started the season on fire but tailed off recently, which made this a bit of a gamble that backfired...

Incorrect Answer - Graziano Pelle
    Cheik the Room

7) He looked like he was worth upwards of £30m last season, so that's what Everton paid for him! But in Merson's own words he hasn't even looked like being worth £30 so far this season...

Incorrect Answer - Romelu Lukaku
    Beardface
    badgertoon20

8 ) This Irishman has a habit of scoring a bunch at a time and missing penalties. Today his team performed well but he wasn't on the scoresheet...

Incorrect Answer - Jon Walters
    Less Hope Than Neville

9) This player's team has only scored 11 goals all season long so no surprise they drew a blank today...

Incorrect Answer - Gabby Agbonlahor
    smbr77

10) He seemed like a great choice and will score a lot this season. Just not today...

Incorrect Answer - Olivier Giroud
    Sienna88 (my friend)

11) Mr hair transplant couldn't do it on a windy Thursday afternoon in Stoke! He's got no chance of making it in this league! Oh wait... Either way he's an incorrect answer today...

Incorrect Answer - Wayne Rooney
    El Marko

12) This young man has gone from Barcelona to Stoke in a few years. Not the ideal career path and wasn't even involved in todays match which makes him our twelfth chosen incorrect answer...

Incorrect Answer - Bojan
    ALF

13) I had to double check this response in case he's mis-typed this in his old age but my Dad went way left field and unsurprisingly came up well short...

Incorrect Answer - Charlie Adam
    KWW1958

2. tommytoonAA

Now the correct scores!

Everyone this week was an ace (unique) answer so here we go:

1) ACS will confirm that I went for someone who I thought was a guarantee but who made me wait until the 90th minute to be a correct answer...

Correct Answer - Wilfried Bony
    TommyToonAA

2) 2 dubious penalties, 2 goals. The media darling ensured that he wasn't a correct answer for our week 36 question... yet!

Correct Answer - Steven Gerrard
    Albert's Chip Shop

3) There were 8 goals in this game, the only surprise is that this man only scored one of them...

Correct Answer - Diego Costa
    Ose Man Repose

4) Well Newcastle conceded 3 to Burnley so this man was obviously going to be on the scoresheet (Although boooooo to this user for betting against their own team!)...

Correct Answer - Danny Ings
    Bodacious Benny

5) Our resident Bolton Wanderers fan took the striker on the hottest scoring streak and the only surprise is that no-one else took him too...

Correct Answer - Harry Kane
    B4E

6) It seemed like a risk but unlike Mr Rooney this man does perform on a consistent basis on a cold and windy day/night in Stoke...

Correct Answer - Ryan Shawcross
    Heisen

7) A last minute entry seemed like another gamble but in the 8 goal frenzy at White Hart Lane this man stepped up yet again. That's 3 goals in 4 games for this central defender who becomes our final correct answer of this opening round...

Correct Answer - John Terry
    Acid Hippo

Next up, the scores!

3. tommytoonAA

Finally - the scores!

The SHEEP answer is kind of irrelevant this round as each correct answer was a unique answer. There were 7 correct answers chosen in total so everyone who guessed a correct answer scores 1 and everyone who chose an incorrect answer scores 8 (SHEEP score: 1 plus the number of correct answers: 7). So here we are:

• Ose Mon Repose 1
      Bodacious Benny 1
      B4E 1
      Albert's Chip Shop 1
      Heisen 1
      TommyToonAA 1
      Acid Hippo 1
      smbr77 8
      El Marko 8
      Yacob 8
      CryMeARiviere 8
      Little Lion Man 8
      Heed 8
      TJR 8
      Cabella the Redeemer 8
      ALF 8
      Beatski 8
      KWW1958 8
      Less Hope Than Neville 8
      Cheik the Room 8
      Sienna88 8
      Matthieu 8
      LaFraise92 8
      Beardface 8
      Cisse's Overheating Torso 8
      badgertoon20 8

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'm liking this TT.
    :)

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

6. tommytoonAA

Cheers guys. Will do this after every game week and then hopefully people will like the idea of it ready for next season :p

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I'm already starting to think I may have thunked way too much out of the box for this one!! Walters was probably one of my more sensible answers!! <laugh>

8. tommytoonAA

Hah that's why I love it! There's a fine line between thinking outside of the box but being right (like Shawcross this week) and thinking outside of the box and it being horribly wrong (like my dad picking Charlie Adam!)

9. tommytoonAA

Gameweek 21 is done so it's time for the reveal!

Last week we were after goalscorers, this week we're after the unsung heroes who set up the goals!

Gameweek 21 - Who will have an assist through Gameweeks 20 and 21?

Firstly, the incorrect answers in alphabetical order:

1) He can't help that he looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle but he can help that he wasn't involved in any of their 3 goals today...

Incorrect Answer - Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
    smbr77

2) A British record £59.7m brought this incredible talent to our shores but he's only just coming back from injury and didn't really look special today...

Incorrect Answer - Angel di Maria
    Cabella the Redeemer

3) All throughout 2014 if Spurs did anything good it usually went through this man but 2015 has seen them score 6 goals in 2 matches and he hasn't been involved in any of them which means 2 people are wrong...

Incorrect Answer - Christian Eriksen
    Sienna88
    Bodacious Benny

4) I made this guy my fantasy captain this week so obviously he did he grand sum of **** all. 4 people put faith in the incredible talent from Belgium...

Incorrect Answer - Eden Hazard
    Beatski
    Albert's Chip Shop
    Heed
    ALF

5) The most random answer of the round which inevitably ended up being incorrect...

Incorrect Answer - Glen Johnson

6) This Icelandic maestro started the season off incredibly but hasn't carried that forward into 2015 yet...

Incorrect Answer - Gylfi Sigurdsson
    Beardface
    El Marko

7) He splits opinions on this board more than any other player I've seen but isn't in the league anymore and as a result has zero assists...

Incorrect Answer - Hatem Ben Arfa
    LaFraise

8.) Another expensive signing at Old Trafford failed to perform in the first 2 weeks of the season...

Incorrect Answer - Juan Mata
    Ose Man Repose

9) International duty means that this defensive midfielder was a gamble and a bit of a left field choice...

Incorrect Answer - Mile Jedinak
    Less Hope Than Neville

10) He created a penalty in the first week (which doesn't count as an assist as far as this game is concerned) and then went on holiday for this week. B4E can confirm that my streak of correct answers is stopped after one...

Incorrect Answer - Raheem Sterling
    TommyToonAA
    badgertoon20

11) Spurs have brought through a good talent but as with Eriksen he's not done anything in 2015 so far...

Incorrect Answer - Ryan Mason
    KWW1958 (my dad)

12) Our final incorrect answer of the round is one of the most attacking fullbacks in the league, but it was his teammate on the other side who has set up their only goal of the year so far...

Incorrect Answer - Seamus Coleman
    Heisen

All incorrect entrants will get scores at the end. On to the correct answers now!

10. tommytoonAA

8 people shared 3 correct answer this week! In order from most to least popular:

1) Possibly the signing of the season so far - Arsenal fans wanted him back but Chelsea fans are the ones who get to see him every week. 4 people picked him this round and as a result score 4 points each...

Correct Answer - Cesc Fabregas
    Cheik the Room
    Little Lion Man
    TJR
    Matthieu

2) He's been flying down our right wing all season and has left us all asking "Debuchy who??" 2 people trusted this dutchman and he didn't let them down, setting up the ginger Pirlo for our second and on the theme of the number 2, they both score 2 points each...

Correct Answer - Daryl Janmaat
    CryMeARiviere
    Acid Hippo

3) Along with Fabregas and Hazard he's part of the most feared team in the Premiership at the moment. 2 people also score 2 points with this young Brazilian...

Correct Answer - Oscar
    Yacob
    B4E

Next up, the scores!

11. tommytoonAA

Finally, the scores!

We have 2 perfect games alive (and lots more perfect incorrect games...) as B4E and Acid Hippo have both yet to answer incorrectly and as a result are joint leaders.

Incorrect answers received 7 points (SHEEP answer Cesc with 4 plus 3 correct answers).

Acid Hippo 3
    B4E 3
    Ose Mon Repose 8
    TommyToonAA 8
    Bodacious Benny 8
    Heisen 8
    Albert's Chip Shop 8
    Yacob 10
    CryMeARiviere 10
    Little Lion Man 12
    Matthieu 12
    TJR 12
    Cheik the Room 12
    smbr77 15
    Beatski 15
    ALF 15
    Beardface 15
    KWW1958 15
    badgertoon20 15
    Less Hope Than Neville 15
    Sienna88 15
    Heed 15
    Cisse's Overheating Torso 15
    LaFraise92 15
    El Marko 15
    Cabella the Redeemer 15

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Joint 3rd will do me like.

13. tommytoonAA

ACS, Heed and Less Hope Than Neville... let's find out your scores!

J. J. McClure likes this.
  14. tommytoonAA

So with the Everton v West Brom game now being pointless as one of the 'keepers is injured and the one is already a correct answer we can get on with the third round of scores!

The previous 2 weeks have been all about who can produce goals; this week we were after anyone who went the full game without conceding...

16 people guessed incorrectly while 10 people's shot stoppers did their job admirably!

Oh, and we still have one perfect game in tact 8)

Gameweek 22 - Which goalkeeper will have kept a clean sheet throughout the first 3 weeks?

15. tommytoonAA

As before, in alphabetical order here are the incorrect guesses

1) He was good last season but our ex keeper went from Glasgow to Southampton and knocked this man out of position, so much so that he is on loan at Bournemouth now...

Incorrect Answer - Artur Boruc
    Cheik the Room

2) No doubt one of the best keepers in the league at the moment but it's a shame that his team has conceded 6 in 2 games...

Incorrect Answer - Hugo Lloris
    badgertoon20
    Heed
    ALF

3) As much as we wanted him to be a success, as is so often the case the local lad proved he wasn't quite ready. Plus Krul came back so the young man hasn't even played during this game yet...

Incorrect Answer - Jak Alnwick
    Albert's Chip Shop
    El Marko

4) He's looked to have found somewhere that makes him feel comfortable and is looking like a decent keeper again. Just not quite good enough for 2 of our players to be correct...

Incorrect Answer - Lukasz Fabianski
    CryMeARiviere
    LaFraise92

5) The dream of a perfect game is over and so is the short lived stint at the top of the leaderboard. But what would you expect when you put the Sunderland keeper as the answer...

Incorrect Answer - Pantilimon
    Acid Hippo

6) My Dad is a QPR fan so even he can't be surprised that his pick was incorrect...

Incorrect Answer - Rob Green
    KWW1958

7) Only one person guessed this person. So only one person can be pissed off that his team kept 2 clean sheets while he was injured...

Incorrect Answer - Thibaut Courtois
    TJR

8.) Another man out with an injury (although his defense has been so poor that it's probably for the best!)...

Incorrect Answer - Tim Howard
    Cabella the Redeemer
    smbr77

9) I guess they did play QPR at home so there was a very strong chance that this was going to be a correct answer. But they forgot about Charlie Austin...

Incorrect Answer - Tom Heaton
    Yacob
    Heisen

10) Not sure if this man is injured or still being disciplined for lighting up a ciggie in the changing rooms. Either way, this cocky young man is our final incorrect answer of the week...

Incorrect Answer - Wojciech Szczensny
    Matthieu

The incorrect entrants will get their scores at the end of the reveal!

16. tommytoonAA

So 10 people shared 7 correct answers, meaning there are 5 aces played! In order of popularity here are the good guessers...

1) Along with Lloris this man was the most backed player this round and he didn't fail to impress. Successful against a toothless Hull City he made 3 people wait until the 3rd week...

please log in to view this image

Correct Answer - Adrian
    Beatski
    Sienna88
    Little Lion Man

2) He had a torrid start to his Man Utd career but has looked more and more like the part since then. Again making his the 2 people who chose him wait until the last week...

Correct Answer - David de Gea
    Beardface
    Ose Mon Repose

3) The first of the Aces! If David de Gea hadn't gone to Man Utd then there's a strong chance this man may have been wearing his jersey instead...

Correct Answer - Asmir Begovic
    Bodacious Benny

4) I'm quite proud of this answer being an ace (and we can see that there's a trend in our correct answers playing vs Hull). B4E can confirm that I went for an ex England international...

Correct Answer - Ben Foster
    TommyToonAA

5) I guess the perk of not scoring many is that the chances are you'll be a good defensive team as well. This keeper helped play out a dire nil nil in our first gameweek...

Correct Answer - Brad Guzan
    Less Hope Than Neville

6) The perfect game is still alive and kicking for our resident Bolton fan...

Correct Answer - Fraser Forster
    B4E

7) Our final correct answer of the game goes to the other keeper in that dire nil nil...

Correct Answer - Julian Speroni

Congrats on all the correct answers! Now for the scores!

17. tommytoonAA

So we have one perfect game going with a near perfect score! Plenty of points to get stuck with yet though...

Incorrect answers get 10 points today (SHEEP answer of 3 plus 7 correct answers):

• B4E 4
      Bodacious Benny 9
      TommyToonAA 9
      Ose Mon Repose 10
      Acid Hippo 13
      Little Lion Man 15
      Cisse's Overheating Torso 16
      Less Hope Than Neville 16
      Beardface 17
      Albert's Chip Shop 18
      Heisen 18
      Beatski 18
      Sienna88 18
      CryMeARiviere 20
      Yacob 20
      Cheik the Room 22
      Matthieu 22
      TJR 22
      ALF 25
      badgertoon20 25
      Cabella the Redeemer 25
      El Marko 25
      Heed 25
      KWW1958 25
      LaFraise92 25
      smbr77 25

2 week break now for the FA cup but we'll be back in Feb seeing which of us correctly guessed a goalscoring defender <gent>

18. tommytoonAA

It's that time again :)

Now that Sunday's games are over it's time for the weekly PEEHS reveal!!

We've asked about goalscorers, assisters and clean sheets; this time we were looking for goalscoring defenders...

GW23. Which defender will have scored? (Using fantasy football classifications)

Last time we still had one perfect game in tact... will B4E continue that today? Will there still be a bunch of people with the wrong 100% record? Can we get a Newcastle fan on top of the table?

There's only one way to find out! As usual it will be incorrect answers, followed by correct answers followed by the scores... Good luck!!

19. tommytoonAA

Today was a good day to be wrong. 21 of the 26 entrants were incorrect so let's get on with the naming and shaming! In alphabetical order as per usual:

1) He's the first person I put in my fantasy football team but hasn't scored yet this year despite his team scoring 11 so far this year...

Incorrect Answer - Branislav Ivanovic
    Yacob
    Bodacious Benny

2) Our marauding dutch right back has popped up with a few goals this season but not so far in 2015...

Incorrect Answer - Daryl Janmaat

3) He's usually good for a couple of goals a season (I personally remember a belter from 25 yards against QPR while at Bolton) but not in 2015 either so far...

Incorrect Answer - Gary Cahill
    Little Lion Man

4) A right back who's a full England international but is being kept out of the side by a midfielder...

Incorrect Answer - Glen Johnson
    Beardface

5) The next group of people are in the bizarre scenario where they've received fewer points with an incorrect answer than they would have done with a correct answer. Seven people guessed this quiet but very attacking left back...

Incorrect Answer - Leighton Baines
    ALF
    CryMeARiviere
    Cheik the Room
    Heed
    Ose Mon Repose
    Sienna88
    TJR

6) More traditionally known for scoring own goals he's managed none at either side of the pitch so far...

Incorrect Answer - Martin Skrtel
    El Marko

7) A very good right back who should be the English Dani Alves for years to come. Nevertheless 3 people are incorrect as he hasn't hit the target so far in 2015...

Incorrect Answer - Nathaniel Clyne
    Beatski
    Less Hope Than Neville
    Heisen

8.) One of Chelsea's unsung heroes...

Incorrect Answer - Oscar Azpilicueta
    LaFraise92

9) Possibly the best right back in the league over the last few years but hasn't been the same attacking force this year that he has been historically. Hence he's an incorrect answer...

Incorrect Answer - Pablo Zabaletta
    B4E
    KWW1958

10) An English centre back who's got a thunderous strike on him (see the Merseyside derby for an example of this) but hasn't been on target so far...

Incorrect Answer - Phil Jagielka
    Cabella the Redeemer

11) Probably the bargain of the century but he is our last incorrect answer, meaning that I have a nice pattern emerging here of one correct, one incorrect, one correct, one incorrect...

Incorrect Answer - Seamus Coleman
    TommyToonAA

We will all get our scores later on after we've revealed the correct answer next...

20. tommytoonAA

Only 5 people looked into the crystal ball and saw the actual future this week... In order of most to least popular here we go!

1) The lynchpin of Chelsea's defence for the last 10 years or so he popped up with 3 goals in 3 games over the new year period. Luckily for a couple of our players the final one fell into 2015 and he became our first correct answer...

Correct Answer - John Terry
    Albert's Chip Shop
    Matthieu

2) The first of our 3 aces is a versatile left back who can play centre back but who also pops up with a few goals a season. One of which occurred against our dear rivals in GW22...

Correct Answer - Jan Vertonghen
    smbr77

3) My housemate's favourite player is our second ace of the week (She's Sienna88 in this game but didn't pick him here oddly enough!)...

Correct Answer - Laurent Koscielny
    badgertoon20

4) Our third ace and final correct answer was the first goal in 2015 and therefore the first correct answer of the game...

Correct Answer - Ryan Shawcross
    Acid Hippo

Congratulations you 5! Scores on their way now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.