1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pearson

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Red Robin, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The guy was MOM today.

Scored one and made one,considering he has had limited game time,he was excellent.

You must have some squad,if he keeps playing like today happy days.

Very accomplished player in my opinion.slotted in well,looked like he had been playing in our team all season.<cheers><cheers>

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

very impressed, a few things he did wrong but thats due to lack of games.

Just seen on SS that mcinnes wants Hamilton winger Dougie Imrie, he tried getting him whilst at St Johnstone, i wonder why he wants another winger, unless were shipping JCR out i think we have to many.

3. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Cos we want clever players shiny, we have ample fire power up front but it needs feeding - we need wingers who actually look up and pull the ball back to them at which point, we will be a pretty potent threat...

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

well he seems to have sorted the defence out, fontaines been brill since his return

5. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

Pearson looks very competent, very comfortable on the ball, good engine (til he ran out of steam if that makes sense!), all over the pitch, and a willingness to stick his foot in where it hurts. I'm impressed.

6. Red Robin

Yes more to come from him,Christ he must have a issue with someone at Derby looked class yesterday.
    Scored one,made one,and ran his socks off.

7. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

That's what I was told yesterday RR (that he had had a bust up with someone at Derby.) Their loss could well be our gain.

8. Chimpster

Chimpster Member

The hate Derby feel for him reminds me of a certain player in our not too distant past.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/7817-stephen-pearson-bristol-city/

Still, can't argue against a goal, an assist and another cross that Maynard should have put away.

This is what I posted up on their board;

"City fan in peace.

Surprised to read all the hate on here. Reminds me of a certain Lee Johnson that we were desperate to get rid off who by all accounts did ok for you.

Pearson yesterday got man of the match (though it was a close call imho between him and Killkenny) and played very well. Yes his goal was a touch fortunate but he also made it. His ball went out to the wing before cutting back inside and running 40 yards into the box to receive it. Terrific work rate.

The second goal showed how level headed the chap is in my eyes, played another great ball across the box for the goal when a lot of players would have taken a pot shot.

You also wouldn't have seen from the highlights the inch perfect ball he played in for Maynard (which he should have put away) from the wing.

Only one game I realise, but clearly the lads got some skills and a fantastic work rate, went off on 60-70 minutes to a standing ovation and rightfully so. Obviously this isn't going to change any minds on here but I thought I'd post up a neutral point of view :p "

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

They do have a lot of negativity about him, but what we need is a team player and I think he gave the team balance that we have been missing. The thing I noticed on Saturday was the midfield played as a unit, Kilkenny stayed centre and played with the creative style we have been missing, Elliott stopped charging around like a headless chicken (sorry Shiney) he was even passing to red shirts!
    I know we are judging him on one game but was impressed, and not just in him but the whole team in the way we played, it's what we have been missing for a long time not just a few stars but a team!

Pearson might of been **** for Derby but remeber Forlan could not hit a barn door for Man U! And there is probably loads more cases where players moved then became a different player

10. Red Robin

Think he will be a class act.
    I think out style suits him.
    Del obviously knows what he has got.