1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pdc

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFC_Derry, Aug 31, 2013.

1. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

Anyone else getting that 'here we go again feeling'? I feel we are hearing the same rhetoric from last season and the season before and so on and so on. Now I know we are all still abit raw but that was pretty piss poor to watch today, a starting 11 that on reflection would struggle in the championship never mind he prem. A good team would of nailed us today with a bag full of goals and lets not forget PDC has no more excuses as he has brought in a lot of players. The thing that worries me is everyone I talk to ask the same question "how long do you think before he loses the dressing room"! and it's starting to grind now as I so want him to do well but they have a point as prem footballers are a different breed that are pampered/spoilt and we just aren't big enough to be picky.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

What do suggest? Are we supposed to turn a club round in 3 months?

3. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

This. It takes time

4. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

For a manager who's quick to slate poor individual performances usually followed up with dropping them then why play JI? Also we all know Larson isn't a CM yet to play him with Vaughan was a big mistake surely Cabral hasn't dropped of the face of the planet that quickly? Anyway we can all be armchair managers but it's the manner of the lose that scared me we seemed to have no shape/passion or plan B.

5. froggy1973

froggy1973 Well-Known Member

We don't have Time look at our fixture list til the end of October!

6. Brian Storm

Gardner had a knock. We don't know what the issue is with Cabral but it's pointless speculation and his exclution may well be just. We just don't know. So apart from them, Vaughan and Larsson who do we play there?

It was Ji or Fletcher. Do you suggest we throw in a player who hasn't played for 5 months straight into a 90 minute game?

As for the manner we lost? We were very much in that game until a sending off and a penalty. I know we didn't perform but like I said, 3 months mate.

Don't lose heart. It's not ideal or even ok, but there's reasons for these things, easily identifiable reasons that will be solved in time. It's a marathon not a sprint.

7. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

I'm trying not to lose heart mate but when our manager is publicly doing what every pundit and ex player is saying he shouldn't do in having a go at individuals then I'm worried.

8. Brian Storm

I understand and share your worries.

He's young and naive, hopefully he'll mellow as he matures over the season. He does respect his players, he's doesn't enter their dressing rooms at training. He gives out lots of one to one time. Apart from the media he's seems to be a really good man manager. Does need to sort his media conduct like you're quite right. Hopefully Ellis will have a word.

9. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Totally agree.. PdC can't afford to alienate any MORE players with his remarks.
    He needs players who are prepared to 'run thru brick walls' for him..
    I love PdC's passion but he needs to channel it in a different manner.