1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Payet 'refusing' to play for West Ham

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Jan 12, 2017.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Story - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38595765

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by the player who has obviously had his head turned by someone (hopefully not us). The money these fu**ers earn you would at least expect them to put in a shift.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

If it was United I would hope they've swifty lost interest in the ****.

**** having anyone like him with us.

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Wayne 'if you don't give me a pay rise I'm ****ing off' Rooney <whistle>

King Shergar, Bodinki and BobbyD like this.
  4. Stan

Stan Stalker

5. glazerfodder

But he never refused to play - he simply refuses to play well ..................................

6. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Unbelievable, what a jumped up little prat. A few months ago he signed a deal worth £120K a week and now he's decided that he doesn't want to play for them.
    Now, as this is West Ham and it is tempting to laugh, but don't, because this is about the state of football, and guys like this are turning good fans away from a sport they have grown up loving. I'm not sure what WHU can do, on those wages you can't just let him rot in the reserves, but the power definitely needs taking back from these players. Maybe the PFA would like to get involved and make a comment.
    Disgraceful. As good as he is, wouldn't want him near my club.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't recall him ever going on strike.

Did I miss that?

taeleon likes this.
  8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Surely if a player refuses to play, the club can refuse to pay him?
    Its not like he is banned or injured, he is just being an Arsehole.
    Surely a player cant just say "Right now you have signed me on 120k a week, I am just going to decide not to play!"
    A breach of contract surely?

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

True, but that does depend to a degree on the actual situation. If Payet is actually saying "I won't play" then that's an obvious breach, but it's usually much more subtle than that. After all, you can't dock someone's wages for playing poorly or not putting in 100% effort, otherwise half the people in the country would be getting deductions.

Most likely Payet has told Bilic he would like to move, and Bilic is trying to make him out to be unprofessional by refusing to play in order to discourage would be suitors. Like Chief pointed out - the fact this story has appeared may have made him look a lot less attractive to the fans of potential buyers.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It didnt put off Wenger still taking Gallas. He didnt just threaten not to play, he threatened to score an own goal <laugh>

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye, but Gallas could have gotten a move to a really big club if he hadn't made that threat ;)

12. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

West Ham and Bilic are just as much at fault here. If a player wants to leave, then clubs need to start accepting that.

There is no point having a player who is worth a lot of money, unhappy and sitting in the stands. West Ham may aswell just sell him and buy a player who wants to play for them with the money. No point in keeping him just to prove a point, as they are the ones who are losing out.

It happens to every club in football, even us with Ronaldo. Chelsea are going through it now with Costa, so it happens to everyone.

Sell the player and move on :biggrin:

Bodinki likes this.
  13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Exactly.
    The club just have to make sure it gets the right value for the player.
    But, in Chelsea's case, if the reported offer for Costa (£100m) is true, we should take their hand off......in June.
    He cannot demand to leave all of a sudden mid season.

14. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Yeah 100 million is a very good fee for Costa, as id say he's only worth half that in the current climate, taking his age into consideration. You got double what Oscar is worth from China too IMO.

This is the problem with the mid season window, perhaps they should look at scrapping it in future, but as it stands players heads are always gonna be turned. Brazilians in particular are mercenary money grabbers, all you have to do is look at the number of them playing in places like Russia.

I think you will need to replace Costa in this window if he does go, as good as Hazard, Willian and Pedro looked against Leicester, I can see you coming unstuck without an out and out striker against some teams :biggrin:

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I definitely agree.
    False 9's work sometimes, especially against teams with dodgy defences (like Leicester, Huth and Morgan seem to have both developed Arthritis this season).
    But against more stubborn defences, you want a target man.
    Unless we can find a suitable replacement for Costa in this window (which is doubtful), then we should tell him to shut the **** up and honour his contract until June, when we will agree to let him go to China.

16. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Don't blame Payet. Who the **** would want to play for a **** racise club like West Ham who have been crap for the last 50 odd years lol.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Coming from a Spurs fan with that club's mentality then fair enough. The only problem, as Spurs have found out is that other players at the club see this and realise the club is a soft touch. Result - you lose your best players.

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I don't think its fair enough at all Trebs. We last sold a player of any worth to a top English club over 7 years ago, Berba to you lot, sold Modric to Madrid for less than Chelsea offered.

Sold Bale because he wanted to leave in the same vein you lost Ronaldo...every club buys and sells.

Currently, everyone is living in hope of a mass exodus at Spurs it seems.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It doesn't matter so much who you sell to tbh.

The trouble is that you have a reputation for it that people feel you're still just an offer away from selling Eriksen or Alli or Dier or Kane. That's the perception and it will take some time to shake off. And you establishing yourselves as a top 4 club for a sustained period.

20. glazerfodder

Levy hasn't yet found a sponsor for the Naming Rights Stadium and at this stage, with construction well underway, he is considerably behind the curve. That can only mean one thing - that he is asking stupid money at a time when the Chav Gangsta Stadium and the West Ham Olimpodrome are also after naming rights deals. Conventional wisdom suggests that Levy should have secured a naming deal at the time the work started - but he hasn't, and that means your club is just about to fall into the same trap as the Gooners. Unfortunately for you, club funds that ought to have been available for player acquisition will now have to be diverted to pay building costs and, inevitably, players will have to be sold to plug the gap in funding until some 3rd grade Chinese bank come along and pay half of what the Chavs get for their naming rights. Inevitable I'm afraid.