1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul Dummet

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nick, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Member

Rubbish thread, sorry.

I noticed theres a No.45 in the newest training pics and they're not usually in them. I know Vuckic, Mehdi, Ferguson and Sammy train with the first team, but didnt know of many others that do.

Anyway, i looked on the academy/reserves list and Paul Dummet plays as #45.

Onto the question: Can anyone remember if he's a left back or centre back? Im just wondering in case he might be handed time as a centre back against Brighton... I mean he's 20 so hes not just a kid and hes been capped by Wales.

Not sure how he plays, but there could be something in it if Pardew doesnt feel Simpson/Perch can do the job a centre back (we've been pretty awful when theyve had to fill in).

2. Ameobi's Apprentice

Ameobi's Apprentice Active Member

Pretty sure he's a left-back. He flew out to America in pre-season when Enrique got an injury.

3. TJR_NUFC

TJR_NUFC Well-Known Member

He's a LB that can play CB aswell I think. He went to the USA as AA has said and I think he played in one of the games, did he? He came on against Leeds Pre-season aswell. Seems a decent player from what I've seen of him in the reserves and the brief time he was on the pitch at Leeds. I think he's recently had a bad injury and he's just came back, I could just be making that up though, I'm not entirely sure.

4. aginairrr

aginairrr Active Member

Exactly this and it is also more than likely that he will be on the bench/in the travelling squad. I've never seen him play so don't know how good he is.

5. Nick

Nick Member

He came over to the US when Simpson had to go back home due to the birth of his daughter if I remember. I know on the game I seen on that tour it was Tavernier that started. Oh well, guess he's just another one of them that is stuck between the first team and reserves.

6. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Primarily a left back who can cover centre back. Think Ferguson's considered ahead of him for LB though and Streete is looking really good at CB.

7. Ameobi's Apprentice

Ameobi's Apprentice Active Member

How's his 2nd name pronounced, is it 'dumm-ay' or just 'Dummet'?

8. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

The latter.

9. Nick

Nick Member

Id say 'Dummet'. He's Welsh, not French :p

Really looking forward to seeing how Streete progresses. A less injury troubled Steven Taylor in the making perhaps...

I noticed rumours of Tamas Kadar going to Ipswich, with Cologne keeping tabs on him too this morning.

10. A November Night In Rotterdam

I thought he'd only been capped at Youth level?

Dummet played at centre back in the one appearance he made in America. Got decent enough reviews from those who saw the game.

11. Nick

Nick Member

Hmm, might have just been the Wales U21s hes been capped with then.

12. A November Night In Rotterdam

Anyway, I think the chances are that Dummett was training with the first team as Colo has a knock and Streete and Tavernier, who normally train with the first team, played for the reserves last night. I wouldn't expect him to be involved although would quite like him to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.