1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Patrice Evra sticks his oar in on Nasri future | Football, Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Football, Arsenal

Perhaps it is purely because of the furore the Cesc Fabregas saga has built up over time, or perhaps it is because we like to think those pesky foreign clubs are somehow more underhand in their transfer dealings, but comments made by Patrice Evra today about the Samir Nasri transfer situation have flown under the radar some what.

The Manchester United left-back has effectively 'done a Xavi'. The Frenchman has gone public to say that he has been trying to convince Nasri to move to Old Trafford.

Evra said: "I remember I made a little joke saying that he's a prince now but if he wants to be the king then he has to join Man United. But that's the reality – and I've told him that. I've said: 'If you want to win trophies, you have to come here.'

"In five years, I've won 12 trophies and I don't know if I'd have won more than that with another club. So I just told him the truth."

The comments have been widely reported in the media, but they haven't created quite the storm that Xavi did when he spoke out on the Fabregas deal.

Evra seemed to suggest that Nasri had a straight choice between United and Manchester City - staying at Arsenal didn't seem to come up for discussion. Unsurprisingly, Paddy suggested that United was the better option.

The Gunners can feel slightly aggrieved. They have been on the receiving end of these sort of comments more than most clubs in recent weeks.

Perhaps FIFA needs to amend its tapping-up laws to incorporate players sounding out fellow professionals for moves to their clubs. Just like the more traditional Ashley Cole-style tapping-up, it would go on regardless but perhaps they would think twice about stirring things up in the press if they were in danger of facing punishment.

2. Depay Sound

Depay Sound Well-Known Member

Evra is just a wum, he has a history of trying to wind up Arsenal.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nothing in it imo - Evra just said that if he was choosing between Utd and City he would choose Utd. He also said "I'm not Nasri, I'm not his agent or his dad. You'd have to ask him." It's hardly as bad as Barca's constant suggestions that Fabregas should force the transfer through.

4. tevezrightboot

I hope Arsene makes as much noise about Evra trying to tap up Nasri, by going on about it in the papers, that Nasri should be joining the rags. As he did about Mancini when hewas asked a question about Nasri. I would say he will just keep quite about it.

5. SAMOC

SAMOC New Member

I hope nasri does not listen to evra, I do not want your average dross thank you, it is bad enough having tottenhams ****houses at our club