1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paper Talk Or Is It

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderlad, May 11, 2014.

1. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

With all of this speculation recently about West Ham wanting Poyet, is it just paper talk and nothing more should be thought of it, or is there no smoke without fire.

Now personally I am become increasingly worried because I keep also hearing that Poyet wants a future plan with more control, but Short is skeptical because of his January spending. Message to Mr Short, if you let Poyet go Sunderland will head backwards. So back him as you backed PDC, and let Sunderland head in the right direction.

2. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

Dunno, some of his Jan signings were actually quite good. Vergini looked pretty solid down the right when he was switched to RB, Ustari never really looked like he was going to do any wrong (think one game he was in he didnt look as confident as Vito - but that's understandable), Scocco i think will come good after a more solid pre-season, he has to much class to not, and Ive been impressed wit Bridcutt. But lets face it, Catts in the last month or so has looked like a world beater, so it's hard for Liam to get in there. Against NUFC he looked very settled in the midfield and bossed it about.

3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Back or sack its a no brainer Mr Short.

4. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

5. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Tbh, West Ham are probably interested in Poyet.

But if Short backs Gus there should be no logical reason that he'd chose WHU over us

6. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

This was bound to happen.

Gus has done extraordinarily well to do what he`s done. His name is in everyones minds, especially the journalists. He`s easy copy for them. It`s understandable he`ll be linked with every job going.

It`s what journalists do.

It saves them having to think.

7. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

HH has nailed it.
    Poyets signings aren't that bad and with game time will only get better.
    Everybody, inc a few on here slated Verghini. He's looking good now.
    Ustari has looked very good.
    Brids has settled very quickly and Scocco, similar to Connor hasn't had a decent chance yet.

Ellis really needs to back Gus and let the bloke do his job. I am sure SAF had almost total control and he wasn't bad was he?

8. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I also feel that his Jan signings weren't bad and that they will push on and become regulars. I have heard many a South Americian football pundit raving about Scocco. I think that Ellis will have to back him, if he fails to do this he will lose the fans support. So it's a no brainer just hate the crap these journalists spout out. Would be nice if they reported football news and not just speculation.

9. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Its usually the same journo's aswell, stirring it up, i'm not concerned about this WHU crap, now if he was heavily linked with spurs i would be but only slightly coz levy it a twat

10. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

We've now got the manager that the players and the fans want,and he's done the job that he was asked to do when he was appointed!!Let's give all the tools he asks for,and back him to the hilt.

11. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I think this is very important.

Short has tried to experiment and, up to now, it hasn`t worked.
    It seems as if he`s learned from his mistakes and found a winning combination this time, although the last piece of the jigsaw (Congerton) has yet to prove his worth.

atm Short has the players, management and the fans on his side. He won`t want to lose this. He`d be a fool if he did and Short`s no fool.