1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Overmars for DOF at Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Oct 10, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

According to the Express, via and Italian news agency. Arsenal are to appoint Marc Overmars as Director of Football next season as a transition in Wenger's final year and to help with his eventual successor. Wenger has always been opposed to a DOF at the club, so not sure if this will happen, but in principle I'd like to see Overmars at the club, he's done a good job in his role at Ajax and it would be good to have an old Arsenal man back in the fold

Thoughts ?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Marc-Overmars-Director-Football-Arsene-Wenger

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I guess it's a step in the right direction but is he any good? Also you mentioned that this is Wenger's final year, i haven't heard anything about this being the case. The main issue here is what Wenger and Overmars roles will be next season and what our ultimate objectives and goals are. Do we have a clear vision?

In my opinion our problems aren't simple and it'll take a few years to correct things. This needs to be communicated clearly across the Board and to the fans. I believe that if you explain that Arsenal will go through a transition period with the new management they will understand and be patient. At the moment the management is deeply entrenched in past successes and the rebuilding of the club financially.

We still have a great opportunity to push Arsenal forward but we need a near complete refresh, unfortunately most of the time people realise this too late.

3. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

People at Ajax were supposedly unimpressed with him and not a lot of nice things were being said. Can't say I know much about his role there and its successes/failures though. My concern is if he's just being brought in to be a yes man for us.

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Seems like a good idea to get a DOF but.. Overmars doesn't really have much of a track record.