1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OVER & under 70'S THREAD ....inc: BCFC NOT 606 PUB BAR news

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Mar 15, 2020.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

can you tell me why you have used my quote to make your statement?

2. johngalleyfan2

been checking through the news and noting the protests … hopefully this weekend will see the end of them... I am not against peaceful protests and certainly abhor the treatment dished out to GF and others in the USA. It is not a subject that can easily be discussed or the facts and figures that are bandied about it [ and all crimes or incidences ] understood fully.
    One thing that may rest heavily on the shoulders of the "organisers" is should there be a COVID spike that follows in the following weeks! it will seriously exasperate all forms of our umbrella over Covid-19. lockdowns ...job losses … ruination of many small shops and companies, freedom to have something to dilute the intensity of being trapped in our own few metres of space [house ] and for many a few rooms a hundred feet or more above ground in the tower blocks.
    I am fortunate in that I have 2 hobbies that allow me to meet /mingle /converse with peeps from over 300 countries over the years you learn bits about their culture, customs, their hardships or fortunes ...I will always remember the words written on a letter from a friend in Argentina.. in it was a coin, a banknote, a postcard of his town, a QSL card and a photo of his family.. it said "my friend *john* I am sorry for the delay in sending you this QSL but thought it prudent to wait until after the stupid indisgression what happened between our 2 countries government" … it left a scar on both of us he lost a relative [ BELGRANO ] and I lost a friend [ HMS SHEFFIELD ].
    IT IS A TRAVESTY that this happened, let us hope that the fallout from it is a wake up call to everybody, to humanity, to a greater understanding that we all inside are the same AND DESERVE TO BE EQUAL

3. johngalleyfan2

As an addition to the above.. although we were at war! he received my card/letter a week before the Belgrano was sunk... I also recieved 2 cards from Argentina 2-3 weeks after it had started. On the radio "contact" with a station from ARGENTINA was usually "sorry I am an LU [ Argentina ] station, or other polite refusal to converse. I had 4 cards a month or so after the end from stations that had apologised!

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Your quote that 'the officer will serve his time', implies he is/will be found guilty.

5. johngalleyfan2

SHOULD HE NOT PLEAD GUILTY ...then there will be an almighty difficulty in getting a jury .. his trial [ the trials ] may not be anytime soon .. maybe next year ...as you concur if not found not guilty there may just more than pooo that hits the fan

Jiffie likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

But Labour's Lisa Nandy said people "cannot be silent in the face of racism" as she backed demonstrations during the coronavirus pandemic".
    The shadow foreign secretary said young people were "right to raise their voices" but urged demonstrators to take precautions and socially distance.
    In London, large numbers are outside the US Embassy in Nine Elms, near Vauxhall, south London, while other protests are taking place in Bristol, Nottingham
    and Edinburgh.
    Ms Nandy told the BBC's Andrew Marr she was "proud" of young people demanding change following mass anti-racism protests across the UK on Saturday.
    "I think it's one of the most important things about living in a free society is that people can go out and protest," she said.
    She added: "I've said repeatedly that it must be safe, people should social distance - please take precautions - but I'm very proud of those young people who are coming out and speaking up.
    "Now I'm someone who has lived with racism in my life, I've seen it with my family, I've seen it in our country and I think it requires you to take an active stance against it.
    "You cannot be silent in the face of racism and police brutality, and I think those young people are right to raise their voices and to demand change."
    this woman is the shadow foreign secetary if in .gov is a pretty high position …. these statements must be the most outrageous hypocrital of the past 3 months … she cannot have a brain capable of just simple maths, and attempts to water down the seriousness of her "backing / encouraging people to potentially commit suicide by saying respect social distancing … she has to be in front of DA in the que of amoebic IQ...

JUST ASSUME there is just 8,000 taking part, roads in area average 16m [ that's quite wide, wider than a dual carriageway ] properly spaced they would need 1800m of road [ about a mile ] marching to Vauxhall from parliament sq would be in excess of 2 miles [ 3km] of road needed … you are talking people from all over...even if they have a demo in Bristol or Cardiff Leicester, or Manchester people will travel to London [ and from all the towns village in between ] just 10 people in that crowd can be spreading covid for 4 or more hours and infect maybe 40 or 50 people??? …. who to put the cause of a serious peak [blame] upon? ….

7. johngalleyfan2

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

scenes like this do not sit well ….

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Should he plead not guilty?, do you really think there is a chance of that?

Just to widen the discussion, the problem is people who are complaining about the restraint of this man leading to his death, they just say it's wrong, ok then give the police a solution, a solution to attempting to restrain a man pumped full of drugs similar to the kind that in the past the U S military used to give to combat troops, I can tell you it sometimes nigh on impossible and until that solution is found it will happen again.

9. johngalleyfan2

watch the video and who says he was pumped full of drugs

10. johngalleyfan2

the premeditated attack on Edward Colstons statue, which was condoned by the chief of police of A&S POLICE FORCE was nothing short of selling the right to be free of any such further acts of malicious damage ...like I do not like the colour of the lamp post outside my house or the barrier erected to make me walk on the other side of the road or …………….
    we know there are factions throughout the country that hate others history or cultures, one must hope that it doesn't get out of hand …. I think in a way the .gov should make a serious statement "RACE indifferences " freedom of speech "human rights " is being pushed to limit.
    I have heard it implied that regarding jobs … even greater care must/will be taken to ensure "who you employ is not going to bring your company into disrepute … not going to have a unbalancing attitude to your existing staff … and have moderate opinions on society! Facebook and twitter is already monitored by certain employers as a means to assess the suitability of prospective employee's... who would it was said want to employ the blond haired demented individual excessively jumping up and down on the statue or those involved. … how would they react to a "spat" in an office or shop floor! and there is always those going on in any employ!!!!!!

the lock down restrictions...… anyone have opinions on how it is being eased? …. we all await the reopening of pubs I guess, MY LOCAL ON THE MENDIPS, has worked out he can get 6 /7 in the bar...4 in the lounge … 10 in the backroom and about a dozen in the long room .. a dozen in the garden and could open his field for another 20 or so!!! sort of "drive in bring your own chair and table! " waiter service!!!!!

11. johngalleyfan2

covid -19 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. a test?, is nature, [ that always seems to take care of itself, with things like evolution... plants that cure … famines … floods … etc ] using this latest virus as a test for humanity to evolve again? as we have after 2 or 3 previous pandemics? or wars or merely as the saying goes " idle hands make ...light work for the devil / the devils playthings / devils workshop! "

the news media are very selective in how they conduct their business ..BBC tends to be aggressive toward negativity more than the rest … ITV [ I think they have best day time news presenters ] slightly more unbiased and SKY seem to try and out perform the BBC and ITV and in doing so come over as more balanced? They often hinder rather help the natural way of things …. be it covid or protest or riot
    between the lines the papers are decidedly having to be playing catch up... gone are the days I bought a paper, PROBABLY MORE THAN 25 YEARS … used to buy the Sun, for years had / kept editions 1-5 ! then 100th / 500th/1000th. I stopped buying it because of some story or headline they ran which I totally disagreed with … tried a couple of other dailies but none stuck for more than "the free issues / delivery".

Back to Nature … it supplies us with the ability to log History and remember ...be it word of mouth, written in books or by tree rings! history acknowledges what we are and where we have come from whilst it measures our advancement by continuous evolvement from the event "that changed history". [ being born changes history! ]Throughout history it has thrown up amazing people who have added to the advancement of the human race … be they good or less so! the odd pharaoh … Jesus … Mohamed … odd Roman emperor … Genghis khan …. Darwin ... Florence Nightingale .. Pasteur … plus many many more throughout the world that nature gave that little bit extra to invent / change the course of history...electric... flight …. surgery etc etc etc!

is the test to repair a broken world?, bring it all closer together fight a common enemy? It has shown in the past that the planet heals very quickly given a drastic measure such as a pandemic like covid-19 that could eventually wipe the planet clean of most civilisation? The human path started 7 million odd years ago ...maybe before? the human race is the only one to have made it to here from the 9 who evolved in the past 3 million years after a 4 million year journey from central Africa .so natures plan was we should all be given the ability to evolve as one species, homo sapiens [humans ] [ prior to 7 million years the original species, chimpanzee line ? must have split / divided as Pangea broke up? thus developing eastern world line of evolution Australopithecines].
    history shows nature by way of disease famine flooding natural tragedy has kept in check our planet, is covid and the accompanying disquiet its next phase?

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

FFS, i've watched the video, I am not condoning what has happened, the moment he said "I can't breath" the knee on his neck should have been released, I asked about a solution from people who constantly complain about everything and offer solutions about nothing and have never been in a situation of trying to subdue somebody who does not want to be subdued and believes that they have super human powers because of the drugs they have ingested.

Are you really serious about your question about who said he was pumped full of drugs?, his autopsy report has been published online for quite a while.

13. johngalleyfan2

didn't see it will check

14. johngalleyfan2

the 2 drugs used are "illegal unless prescribed" not really into investigating the effects they might have but both are used as pain killers in different ways and relax and or boost the taker … the video shows a rather subdued George .. at the start, if he was pumped up high then surely he would have been fighting like a tiger? he was not on coke crack or heroin …. !

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Meth amphetamine is the drug the U S of A military in the past has been issued to combat troops:-

How does it make you feel?
    Methamphetamine can reduce your appetite and make you feel:

• exhilarated
    • alert
    • awake
    • agitated
    • paranoid
    • confused
    • aggressive
    • aroused
    If this particular violent career criminal/drug addict was prescribed this drug by a doctor that doctor should be struck off.

I accept that there is an ongoing problem with restraint techniques especially here in the 21st century, but people who have never ever been in the position of dealing with such incidents, should pipe up now if they have a solution because the consequences are 1. this will happen again. 2. because police officers are reluctant to hold on to suspects because of the fear of no.1 the suspect either kills or maims themselves, other members of the public or the police officers, who when everybody is running away from such incidents are running towards it.

At the next meeting of your brains trust please come up with a solution.

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Brains trust <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

17. johngalleyfan2

ive often made reference to our Friday coffee mornings [ where we mostly drink tea !] well thanks to zoom we still meet. On Friday after a rather "strange" week we decided to give it some thought over the weekend and "vote" whether the statue should stay or go 5 choices and to give a reason for your vote and one amazing "series of coincidences events surpassed mine on how I came to be here " [family tree / parents ] …
    vote [ have to give reason why ] 11 voting... not all professors..lol but business or successful self employed ..

should the statue be there to commemorate .. 8 yes 2 no 1 & 1 cant say yes or no as the reason for it not clearly stated
    should it have been torn down … 11 no
    should it go back up …. 4 yes 3 no & 4 without its history no with yes
    should it go into a museum 7 if nothing else 4 no should go back

I have a few times expressed the coincidences of my being on this planet AND in the cold light of day got to thank Adolf for that!
    but one of our number chose to reveal his life history back to the 1700's ! TBC

18. johngalleyfan2

He stated as the peanuts man did he is of mixed race and there is bits missing from official records but letters and things passed down sort of fill in the gaps [his words ]
    his mother was land army his dad a soldier in the engineers [ war time before during and 7 years after, then a civilian fitter died age 63 ] nationality british. his barge on d day sunk and he was returned to shore [England] where he was reposted to Catterick. [ they married in 1938 he was born in 1938]
    his grandfather and mother [ this is all his side ] British … grandfather survived the war [ww1] and was a clerk they had 7 children!
    his grand fathers father [great grandfather was unknown!] his great grandmother was registered as of own means and address was posh part of Brighton.
    paperwork passed down through family indicated his great grand father was of mixed race and was born in north Carolina of parents that was the master of house and a black maid. sent to England but schooled in Scotland! where stayed in Brighton he was a love child!!! his words....
    his great great great grandfather [mother] were a black servants in south Carolina [ letter/paperwork trail ]

I have left a bit of detail out … he is happy for me to mention it .. and adds the plantation owners [ some of them /most of them ] did look after the interests of their "illegitimate" off spring … he seems to have been lucky. He had 3 children and his eldest grandson has now been entrusted with the family tree … but all 3 children know of their heritage. he voted cant say yes or no! and not without history … he had mousy coloured hair and now blond! ……..

19. johngalleyfan2

some sort of good news on the horizon regarding help with fighting covid a medicine first "discovered in 1957" helps around 15% of those on O2 to beat death and it si less than a £1 per patient! 1 of the 8 being tested has been eliminated & 1 has been given the thumbs up and still 4 to go …[I was waiting to see what comment followed about the other 2 … but nothing said! ] so what about the other 2? some as expected sarcastic and sharp comments from the usual suspects and the 3rd time a member of the public has asked the same Q about SD @2m. deaths unfortunately is averaging out over Sat Sun Mon at about 102 on todays figure. CONFUSING is the comparison from using 7 days ago.. they state 2-3 days to get it so why not go with 3 or 4 days to compare.
    really sad that the church is following the trend of eliminating COLSTON … maybe they are taking the bibles "WE ARE ALL OF HIS FLOCK" and following like sheep!!!! Not going to go all religious but they had better step carefully … the bible can be a mine field!!! and some of their dignatories /clergies are far from being pure!

20. johngalleyfan2

forest of dean village LYDNEY is having its own BLM protest this weekend!!!!! … Queen Charlton [pop 41 ] is planning to follow suit in a few weeks as is Shepperdine [ POP 27 ] Glos THE WEEK AFTER !
    About the only interesting thing about the 2 lady organisers was their willingness to flash the thigh... picked up by the cameraman and editor?.... !

I have to say Boris has had his ups and downs over the period since he recovered but today it was a well presented 5pm update from him, showed his consistency and ignored the "sarcastic attacks" to present the facts in a very positive way. It was not clear whether Rashford's [ Boris stated "first time I learned about his campaign was this morning when I spoke to him ] campaign actually had an influence on what may have already been an announcement???

Looking around peeps are beginning to ignore more the 2m rule... is this dangerous or just they feel that so few out of 50m peeps have it their chances are of getting it are less? Boris AND the advisors were quick to jump on the "new steroid" find... it does NOT make you immune or stop you from getting it! it helps only people on O2..... [ in hospital ]

Once again on TV they had a "BRISTOL " poet? [ reference Cargo ] like a lot of people he made certain rational comments,but mingled with not so, ignores the basic fact without slavery he would not be here [ [ I do not condone or support slavery, but look at the wider picture ] Without slavery COLSTON may still have given Bristol what it has, his fortune was far from the result of slave trading …..