1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OVER & under 70'S THREAD ....inc: BCFC NOT 606 PUB BAR news

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Mar 15, 2020.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

the presenter woman has him in knots if only she was a bit more aggressive followed by presenter mary who already has him in knots full tank of petrol …. what car has he that can do over 600 miles on a tank …. ooops she got him... just got him "i think I did not sure if I did stop" covering his powder … come on if you make a singular journey if you had to stop you would stop at a services and not forget that! he is wittering so much he has a guilt complex and this is not going to go away he wants to be sacked as this statement to Matt confirms he thinks he is indispensable "he will need to sack me" he concede it was a mistake.

2. johngalleyfan2

kaitlin has him as well if someone can join all these dots he is lions meat ...it is a BIG IF situation he keeps saying if i had it IF SHE HAD IT if if if …

3. johngalleyfan2

"hopefully people think this was a tricky situation" he answers ...…. then … wowee she hit him with sledgehammer regarding the fact that "first time voters in the NE ..Durham .. who want him out of it now …. the delay 5 or more secs with dismayed face in his reply was a serious admission of a cover up …..
    who needs a test drive! he needed a day out before he returned not in the spirit of things …
    using his kid as camouflage he is an asso

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

He broke the rules he helped to make, at the very least in spirit. I’ve never seen the church openly criticise a Prime Minister before either. It won’t Just blow over, he will eventually have to go, Boris by backing him is going to be accused of lack of judgement, better sack him now. It will be difficult moving forward expecting people to listen to the government’s instructions if the public lose confidence in him, which they will if they think people at the top are not following their own advice.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don’t like what he’s done, but are there not other things going on in the world to be constantly in the headlines?

Redprintt likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

most searing question was do you think downing street [ PM ]cannot work without you! answer was waffle onus on BJ to sack him…..
    todays corona virus was not going to be via Boris … DC is the orchestrator of these? mostly ? I reckon the delays were to make sure BJ didn't upset the apple cart … when BJ was in hospital DC fled to Durham we had probably the better comments / action from the .gov [ GOV AND CO ] whilst DC was galivanting up north???? SO BJ needs to be bold and do the right thing. Hopefully more peeps in Durham / Barnard Castle come forward.. all it needs is for someone to say he was there at 10am and someone else say he was there at 12 or 1 pm ..

Had problems with eyes /health but drove 50 60 miles with 4 year old child in car... really is that responsible when whole idea of going to DURHAM was to get nieces to look after child!

7. johngalleyfan2

agree on both counts. think there may be more to come as durham police now in full investigation collecting anpr video from routes, and following up more eyewitness accounts …. and yes there is a lot more important things to worry about. however i reckon the king of spin orchestrated today to try and throw a few smoke bombs … DC IS BAD NEWS so how do you spin that... by breaking the mould, .gov has been very careful not to promise anything and to keep things to the edge of the wire before "moving on !" Today BJ broke ranks and gave the country something else to talk about, reopening loads in JUNE … this was scheduled for Weds or Thurs when all the information is in … he now has a promise to do something which could easily backfire especially if we go into an upward curve ….

8. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

What Rod said.

And -
    Some say the public will relax because of Cummings actions. I certainly will not and nobody reading this will either.
    Idiots who ignore rules will break rules regardless.

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Absolute disgrace !
    I have all the time in the world for Boris but this is a very serious mistake on his part and people wont forget it. Tens of thousands of people have probably been in the same position but have still done what was asked of them.
    Cummings the hypocrite should have resigned immediately. When that didn't happen he should have been sacked and humiliated like the Scottish woman who also thought she was above her own law too.
    As for the eye test lies whilst in Durham that Cummings has come out with, it just proves what a total tw*t he is
    I've been out locally to get milk this morning and the roads are heaving. People will now start to rebel and say if it's good enough for the PM's aide then it's good enough for us to ignore the ruling.
    SACK HIM NOW BORIS AND TRY AND SAVE SOME SEMBLENCE OF FACE

10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Putting aside the rights or wrongs (and I believe he's guilty as hell) of Cummings' actions, the furore over the man is fuelled by the intense personal dislike he's attracted. It's an opportunity that's been seized upon by personal enemies he's made within his own party who want him out, as well as the obvious political point scoring by the opposition - it's a gift for them.

Cummings has the persona of a viper - and a very clever viper at that, but this time he's been bitten. When you live and work in that fracious environment with his attitude, you live and die by the sword. Every enemy he's make behind the scenes as well as the media will pursue this to the death.

Whether his actions will result in his downfall may seem irrelevant to the lives of everyone other than those directly involved with him, but that is not the case.

The biggest problem is it's a total distraction from the reality of government at this crucial time and what it needs to do to move this country forward again. If only for that reason alone, he should resign/be sacked immediately, because those with a vested interest in his demise will not go away.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.

11. RedorDead

12. Redprintt

I'd be with the sack Cummings lot but for the difference in the way the media, the Labour Party and Tory enemies have gone nuts over something I would have probably done the same, bar the 'eyetest'.
    Where was the hysteria when FOUR Labour MPs actually broke the rules or for that matter, the Tory Kenrick?
    Neither of this lot were sacked so I, much as dislike Cummings, think he should be treated the same.
    I won't be surprised or concerned if he does leave. There are far more important things happening.

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Do you know I'm sick and tired of the whole subject, I can't stand the individual, I hate his attitude, he is a scruffy little maggot but I also remember it was mainly down to him that we, the public were influenced to vote out for Brexit, he also played a major part in the election of the new government and Boris which allowed us to move forward and break free from Corbyn and his motley crew, all of the remoaners and the Brussels boffins, they hate him and will never forgive him or Boris, that is the true motive of the press vitriol and systematic campaign.

Imagine if Starmer, Corbyn or Sturgeon was in control now with all of this crisis and ****, killer disease running rampant in the world, they are all more concerned with political gain than curbing the threat, I hope the guy keeps his job despite his obvious mistakes.

On a personal level if I had the gutter press hounding and battering mine or my parents front door, if my wife and children were suffering duress from press or a killer disease threat I don't know how I would handle the situation or cope, I know my family would come first and I wouldn't give a cow's cuss what people thought.

It's time to move on, take care all and I wish you nothing but the best.

Reliant Robin TC2 and Redprintt like this.
  14. johngalleyfan2

its littered with spelling mistakes ….

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  15. RedorDead

New cases Covid
    Yesterday 1625
    Today 4043

Hopefully this is just bank holiday reporting but if not, and this is the new trend, the deaths could start increasing in a week or two.

Anyway, back to Dom

2A58FB88-D945-4865-B0C2-4E1203F3A007.jpeg

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I’m just enjoying a nasty bully getting a bloody nose.
    What Redprintt said about the Labour MPs is correct, but those MPs hadn’t behaved so aggressively or arrogantly insomuch as to alienate everyone they worked with. Cummings is a bully and I love seeing him squirm.

17. johngalleyfan2

in every situation there is always at least 2 actions
    basically do it this way as per guidance and / or past historical events. ...… or doing something without thinking about / ignoring .the consequences because you are the only one that matters "everyman for himself"
    think about it ..you are potentially going to be in the worst part of an intense fire … the wind is fanning the flames and ICU's are in short supply you have a vehicle does 35mpg if driven at steady 50mph or 20 something if booting it ...260 miles away is an isolated "farm" where there is all mod cons without being cramped in a cauldron of imminent plague and the likely hood hospitals would be overrun.
    WHAT WOULD YOU DO

18. Redprintt

So Tariq Ali isn't aggressive or arrogant.
    I didn't know.

19. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

If anyone has seen the Paddy McGuinness sketch on Twitter or Instagram it's excellent.

20. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

He might be - I’ve not heard of him - I guess he’s one of the Labour MPs(?)
    There are lots of unpleasant bullies in the world and I’d love each one to get a hiding!

Redprintt and Angelicnumber16 like this.