1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

So basically the Lords crowd should have thrown bottles and ripped up seats to give the cheating convicts time to consider their actions.

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

No but what some describe as a winning mentality is actually a propensity to cheat. The mentality of the Australian cricket team, over decades, is nothing that should be lauded.

3. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

I am thoroughly sickened by the hatred shown against the England team in the current Womens' World Cup, basically by people who should know better, i.e. the Australian media in general. Their constant whingeing and moaning and 'geeing-up' the genuine Australian fans has been deplorable. Let's see what sort of crap they come up with today after Sweden deservedly won third place in the tournament.

(Think I'll stick to good old horseracing, got it's problems of course, but it is surely not as sour and hateful as international football is nowadays)

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank goodness it isn't like that in show jumping. Went to an international event recently and one of the GB team won the event we were watching and received great applause all round during the winning ceremony and lap of honour. Not unusual, we all like to see a good horse and rider win, wherever they are from. Of course it's all the more enjoyable if it's one of ours

SwanHills likes this.
  5. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Agree entirely. I thought the technical expert alongside last week's commentator was very perceptive in her comments about some of the Australian players. More than once she pointed out that the Australian player made a movement late when being tackled so as to accentuate the nature of the tackle: that is she either made a fair tackle into a foul (maybe because she was going to lose it) or she made a foul look even worse than it was. To say the English team was rough was ridiculous. Australia lost because even if they had the best player on the field in Kerr (though Hemp may have eclipsed her) the English team had far more strength in depth than Australia.

Australians are funny people. Their mantra is that we are the Lucky Country and many of them will never be dissuaded from that. They are lucky to have such a beautiful country with such abundant resources but it overflows into arrogance at times. It's more than once an Australian has told me with glee that they support any team England are playing. My usual response was something like 'what a sad ****er you are then, do you think an English supporter would support Russia in a game against Australia?'.

SwanHills likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can we just get on with the game. I'm fed up with these punters saying the same thing over and over again, to some extent due to the presenter asking the same or similar questions again and again, trying to fill in this painstaking build up. Why do we need 3 punters, mainly agreeing with each other and all waiting to have their say? I just got fed up and muted the TV. Oh for the days when we simply had a match and a commentator, without all these know-alls boring the pants off me

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spain the better side and I can see them getting another goal. Making us look a bit basic

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately Spain are different class. 3-0 I reckon

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Last touch of the first half sees another Spain chance go begging as it skims the outside of the post

10. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Yep, the Spanish girls are so fast and are making the England team look like carthorses at times. Spain thorughly deserve to be ahead.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

She's gotta (without the "ts") do this and that. Mute

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We are just leaving great big gaps everywhere for them to exploit. The goal was down to Bronze (I think it was) trying to carry the ball from the right hand side all across the middle and ran into trouble and lost it, leaving our right hand side completely exposed. And that is what's happening too often, being exposed. Need to make these gaps are opening up for them in the second half

Bustino74 likes this.
  13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Almost 2-0. Good save, would have crept in

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Penalty likely

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Definitely a penalty for 2-0

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep; it's a penalty

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saved

18. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

England very lucky with that penalty. Keeper was well off her line. England look more likely to score now. The Spanish girls look tired.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Another important save by Earps

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks. That is it. Spain much the better side but the girls gave it all towards the end. Just not quite good enough