1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Other games

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

1-0 currently to Man Utd with a Pogba penalty.

Man Utd second best in my opinion but the thing that stands out to me is that they are 2 teams (Man Utd/leicester) who will beat us.

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Luke Shaw with a second and that is it for Man Utd.
    Good goal as well

3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Someone for Leicester makes it 2-1 with 2 minutes to go!

4. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I already feel like we're in a relegation battle. I'll be supporting everyone playing against a "bottom 5" team all season. Just 38 points to go lads, we can do it. Maybe.

Dorty Dogbreath and Flash like this.
  5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Reckon 38 from 38 is do-able. We are on target at the moment (0 from 0).

6. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Sort of. 0 divided by 0 doesn't necessarily mean one point per game, it has an infinite number of possible answers (literally).

I'd accept 1 from 1 later today though!

7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I quite like countdown.

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

And if you type it in to a calculator you get ERROR - sums up the club quite well

JakartaToon likes this.
  9. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So we get 1pt today add that to our total and our overall record becomes 1 from 1, which means that 0 from 0 is the same as 1 from 1.

10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

0 = 1 ..................... take away 1/2 from both sides
    -1/2 = 1/2 ..................... square both sides
    1/4 = 1/4
    Therefore 0 = 1

11. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Anybody else want to see Fulham hammered every match? The media love in is too much already.

12. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Well you’ll be happy to see they’re losing.

Agree with point. Their ground is apparently a lovely ground to visit according to 5Live as it’s “got a cottage in the corner”. I don’t know about the rest of you but that’s always first on my criteria list when deciding which football ground to go to.

JakartaToon and cronemeister like this.
  13. Lord Jonjomort

I've been to Craven Cottage a few times and its ****ing garbage. At least 1 mile from EVERY tube and bus station, every pub is foppish and over-crowded, the ground quiet and very "family friendly". It's a crap place and they shouldn't be allowed in the top flight with it.

They spunked a load of cash and will still finish below NUFC, though the media will be in their corner - not ours - because of their football "style". Meanwhile we run with a £100m PROFIT, no full backs and have to get goals from Hoss and Perez Hilton.

14. Lord Jonjomort

Very, very early but I can see it being a lot harder for Brighton, Hudds, Cardiff.

15. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Plotted on a graph they give the same linear progression towards 38 from 38 but 0 from 0 can be pretty much anything.

What is 0 divided by 0?

Well as a mathematical starting point you have three options:

a) 0 divided by anything is 0
    b) anything divided by 0 is infinite
    c) anything divided by itself is 1

The logical answer could just as easily be any number though, I'm going to pick 43. Incidentally that's how many points I think we'll get this season.

16. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Or

d) 0 is not a number

17. JH stand

JH stand Active Member

Wow! Is this genuine, or a wind up? - now I've got to figure out which.

First of all,from Putney bridge underground to CC is .75 of a mile, or a brisk 12 minute walk, or if you prefer a 220 or a 74 bus along the Fulham palace road getting off at Findlay street will leave you with a 1 minute walk to the ground.

Fulham like many places in the country have been 'gentrified' or, in government parlance, regenerated,and yes there are wine bars and gastro pubs which I suspect you may have in Newcastle,though probably not on the John Reid Road. I don't know which pubs in Fulham you have visited - probably the eight bells,however if you go straight to CC and carry on past for 5 minutes, then turn left you will come to a pub called the Crabtree. No chance of claustrophobia there as the pub has a massive beer garden,where in the late summer and early spring they run a barbecue on match days.You may baulk at paying 4 pounds plus for a pint, but hey! this is London.

The ground is what it is, development is limited and the final phase will start at the end of the season. Whether it will be aesthetically pleasing will be for you to decide.

We have spent a lot of money. Money well spent? well the devil will be in the detail - yes we lost on Saturday but there were positive signs,apart from our lousy goalkeeper,who was at fault for both goals. I watched your game and on another day you would have got something - but's that football.

We cannot control what the media say about us,and as far as NUFC finishing above us,well you know more than I do!. If we finish around 14/15 th that will be job done. Mid to top half would be above all expectations.

cronemeister likes this.
  18. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

We know all about that and we'll struggle to repeat it this year based on the strengthening other teams around us have done as well as the newbies to the league this year. As rightly point out though, the devil will be in the detail. Spurs never signed anybody so you can look at that from the opposite angle in that they have no new players to bed in and get used the players already there and the playing style (and vice versa), and the squad that did so well last year is exactly the same as it it this year so there's a level of continuity and familiarity there. Whether that's to the detriment of their campaign is yet to be proven :)

Wish you luck for the season mate, I never like to see the promoted teams going straight back down and I think you had enough quality already there to do alright (Cairney, Sessegnon to name a couple). A few of my mates reckon CC is a cracking away game to go to so I may well try and get myself down there for that one. Last game of the season as well so weather will hopefully be canny and the BBQ will be out at the Crabtree :)