1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT - Talk Sport - An Embarrassment

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Riever, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Riever

Riever Well-Known Member

Had the misfortune of listening to this lot twice yesterday when I was getting a lift to and from work.

We are presently in the middle of the greatest extravaganza this country has ever held and what was the numpty Brazil talking about in the morning - Luka Modric and RVP. Oh, he did at one point say that "our bloke didn't win a medal in the rowing - he didn't do very well". It turns out he was watching Tim Brabants qualifying in the heats of the kayaking where the top five went through.

Then when getting back in to the car at night about 3 minutes before Jason Kenny was due to go off in the final of the sprints Adrian Durham is talking about - yes you've guessed it RVP and Arsenal.

Seriously they should be embarrassed - the only presenters they have who embrace all sports are the guys on in the afternoon who are supposed to be the comedy turn in between all of the "experts" they have.

I should report them under the Trade Descriptions Act - then they would need to rename themselves Talk London Clubs Premier League Football.

Rant over

2. Cheik the room

Cheik the room Well-Known Member

To be fair, I love talksport, and they are spending most of the day talking about the olympics. They can't do that all day, I'm guessing you were just unlucky to flick on at 2 points when they happened to be discussing football. It is less than a fortnight to the new season remember.

3. Riever

Riever Well-Known Member

It has long been a bugbear of mine that they really don't bother too much with other sports - at least not the mainstream presenters. I also get annoyed that their sports news lasts 30 seconds every half an hour and is invariably about West Ham/Chelsea/Arsenal instead of providing an in depth analysis of the world of sport that the title of the station indicates they should do.

I do listen more to them in the football season but ususually after about 30 minutes (of which 20 minutes is adverts or another pointless competition) I get bored and turn it off. The only show I listen to most of the way through when I can is Hawksbee and Jacobs - these guys are proper sports fans and want to talk about all different sports, saying that even they have a Spurs/Chelsea bias but it is done so tongue in cheek I don't mind them so much.

As you can tell they annoy me a lot!!

4. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Micky Gray is pretty good on there, but in my opinion the station concentrates on the London football clubs far too much..

5. Cheik the room

Same with everything though isn't it?

6. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Most of it would suit you though. It's like the Sun newspaper but for listeners. Thick, illiterate horseshit broadcasting for numb ****s to guffaw along to.

The only shining light is Hawksby and Jacobs, who are the funniest two blokes in broadcasting bar none.

7. Cheik the room

<doh>.

8. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Talksport with such a passion and am glad to not being alone in this. I listened in once and was left wanting to gouge the presenters eyes out with a tea spoon. They strike me as an incredibly unprofessional outfit.