1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT. Leeds owner a joke

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

reading on bbc website Leeds have appointed some Slovenian guy.
    When you read this it makes you than God that we have the amazing owners that we do. Dear me.

"I don't know [why I've chosen him]. Coaches are like watermelons. You find out about them when you open them."
    Milanic says his fond farewells
    Cellino added: "His particularly qualities? He's good looking, what can I tell you?"

2. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

<laugh> Leeds have been a joke for years, but the problem is getting worse and worse...

Why on Earth they appointed David Hockaday, somebody whose career highlight was being sacked by a conference side, I will never know... And then they were surprised when it didn't work out, and gave him the boot after 5 (?) games <doh>

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

And they had a young (ish) British guy in caretaker charge who gets 10 points from 12 and replace him with the guy mentioned above for the reasonsemtioned above...

4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot of club's fans having a laugh at Leeds' current situation but if you actually scratch past the surface you will see the club is in a better situation than it has been for many many years. Cellino has done wonders and I was completely against the guy when he first came in thinking he would be worse for the club than previous owners.

We have an incredibly exciting young team, now running within our means, getting the stadium back before end of year (or so that is the plan), training ground also gonna be bought back, starting to win games playing some real quality footy. Only thing you can actually criticise Cellino for is his manager appointments, Hockaday was just stupid and we'll have to wait to see how Darko does.

And as for Redfearn (the caretaker that JohnTheFox mentioned), he runs the academy and does a bloody fine job of it, genuinely think it would be de-stabilising for our youth production if he was taken out of the job. Almost every leeds fan has the same opinion, and Cellino said he would give the job to Redfearn but it wouldn't be sensible as he is important where he is.

In short, don't worry about us guys, we'll be fine <laugh>

5. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

We're really not, hence the 2 replies this thread has received <laugh>

6. kpnuts

kpnuts Active Member

Sometimes a guy can step up from the youth side and manage the club and get results as they know some of the youngsters well and have nothing to lose putting them in the first team seldom is a manager sacked for winning games. But appointing them full time may not be in the best interest of the club developing youth is the future for financially for many football league clubs and long term stability for youth development may become just as if not more important than the first team with the sale of youth players financing the club on an ongoing basis

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

If Redfearn did stay in charge though and did well, then he could be offered a job at a bigger club (believe it or not, their are bigger jobs than LUFC), thus losing a quality youth coach.

Managers are easily interchangeable at some clubs, look what Mandaric did with us, but coaches are what can really boost a club in regards to development, i for one wouldn't want to lose Stowell or Rudkin from our staff.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

9. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Dont you hate it when a "MASSIVE TEAM" get stuck..

I heard they wanted Redknapp too...

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Why oh why did you have to go and write the number 17? ... oh **** now I've done it too... there is only one remedy ... I will now have to rub myself down with wet nettles before running naked around the garden shed 17 times commencing precisely at 5pm whilst chanting 'Hey Nonny Nonny, Leeds appointed Donny (Darko) it's not about the money money, ahh honey honey, you are my candy girl and you've got me wanting you".... otherwise we won't win at Palace.

Damn you BigFox ... please be more careful in future ...

11. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

However way you look at it. Leeds United are a joKe. End of