1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ospreys, Wales & BIL

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 9, 2016.

1. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Absolutely right

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

He's not interested in the job, at least for the next few years anyway. I can guarentee that.

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

No he's not <whistle>

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Actually, that may not be correct

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Hope we don't go anywhere near Dai Young, good coach but nothing more.

If we want Wales to be successful on the international stage we need a coach worthy of the task. Southern hemisphere coaches have proven in all leagues at all levels that they are light years ahead of any one we can produce locally in terms of success and innovation. Save for the weasle woodward, the words from Lizzies' mouth should have been "Arise Sir Martin Johnson", its been SH coaching all the way. Just look what's happened to England

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I love the fact that the players selected Jon Davies as player of the our, the number of people on a few forums I look at were slating him 1. for being selected just to go on tour and 2. for being selected in the test sides. 3. that he had been poor in those test matches. I love the fact that all these know all arm chair coaches have been put in their place by the people there who played together. Time for some of them to eat a massive chunk of humble pie.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

The kiwis are spitting and spewing right now and are blaming French referees for climate change, Trumps election and for the extinction of the dinosaurs. Lovely people my arse.

That has to be the most disappointing thing to come out of this tour for me, just how bitter the kiwis have shown themselves to be, especially in defeat. The kiwi media has been an absolute disgrace, utterly arrogant, classless in their disrespect towards the Lions. In the forums there's been little banter, if any, and certainly no debate. All there's been from kiwis has been arrogance, ignorant accusation and defence of every kiwi transgression on the pitch. They appear to believe that ABs are exempt from punishment and sanction for any transgression, no matter how brutal, the AB's commit.

The disgrace that was the second test against Ireland this year when the AB's set out to take the head off anyone wearing green is all ok to them, part of the game so long as its an AB doing the decapitations.

So, the Ref changed his mind, eventually and incorrectly, giving the correct decision. But no kiwi mentions the fact that the ball bounced off the back of Williams head and into Owens arms because Kieran Reid played him in the air and made NO ATTEMPT to play the ball. Also, the only reason he managed to get to Williams as the ball was coming to him was because he was 2 YARDS offside from the kick off. That's the only reason he managed to get to Williams and hit him in the air when he did. It should have been a PENALTY LIONS. It felt doubly good when the ref gave the scrum, incorrect decision, because Owens DID play the ball, penalty to the poxy kiwis. So there is a karma God after all <laugh>

Anyway, in hindsight, I enjoyed the tour, win lose and draw but I've really lost all love for the AB's and any respect I had for the kiwis because of the complete ignorance and lack of class they've displayed all tour. This can be summed up in one disgusting moment which has gone under the radar. A couple of days after the London Bridge Stabbing the Lions faced a haka from a team of kiwi cnuts who enacted slitting our throats in the most callas act of disrespect I've ever seen in sport, and this just a few days after the London stabbings which shocked and hurt so badly. It was an utterly despicable act in my opinion and I'll never respect the haka from any team ever again.

The next haka we face over here we should show how much we respect it. As one, players and fans should turn their backs on it and do a brave heart and show those poxy bastards the respect they deserve. Respect the haka? never again :emoticon-0172-mooni

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

9. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Taffvalerowdy and Stumpy like this.
  10. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Agree on the treatment of the Lions during this tour, has been very disappointing and disrespectful. There seems to be a very strange attitude regarding rugby, I think it stems from insecurity.
    For a while I have noticed NZ'ers obsession with other people's behaviour, be it to the haka, beating the all blacks, drawing with them, etc.
    They still bang on about England's lap of honour after drawing with nz which was back in the 90's! Now they are aghast at how the Lions seem so happy just to draw whereas NZ view it as a defeat!
    Why the concern, always, with how others behave?
    If Lions supporters or players for that matter want to enjoy themselves, sing and dance, even if they lose by 60 points what is it to them?
    Seems to stem from a nation of repressed joyless souls obsessed with being 'tough guys'.

Stumpy likes this.

11. Taffvalerowdy

So the PRO12 will be the PRO14.

Guess the 12 existing teams could do with the reported £500k each uplift in revenue.

Not sure how the Conference system will work in practice.

12. LIBERTARIAN

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40788575

13. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it Vetch I was lucky enough to see all the Wales home games in the 70s starting with the 6-6 game v S. Africa in Jan 1970 and a fair few away ones

14. Taffvalerowdy

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  15. LIBERTARIAN

"my 'lazy' English ".

I know a teacher who could perhaps help you. <laugh>

16. Taffvalerowdy

Think I will give that a miss....... <laugh>

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  17. LIBERTARIAN

Are you sure you don't wish to valleydate my offer ?

18. Taffvalerowdy

Sans aucun doute

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  19. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

20. Taffvalerowdy

Rumours on Gwlad Forum that Zebre away is first match