1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

optimistic for the new season

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by pissyface, May 16, 2011.

1. pissyface

pissyface New Member

For some time i've had been sick of watching overpaid dross pretend to care about our football club, all the while racking in tens of thousands of pounds a ****ing WEEK!
    Well by the look those days are over, cuts needed to level the wage bill and most likely some players will be reluctantly sold over the summer.

That said, I still find myself with an air of optimism!! Not something as a Boro fan I feel very often.
    We're not as skint as people seem to think, we get another 8m parachute payment before the start of the new season and with a few transfers out we might balance the books.

If we sell Kris Boyd (1m??), i'd personally drive him to which-ever club it was and sell him for free, just to get his 30 grand off the wage bill, its no big loss and a massive saving for the club. He's a lazy player, some may say a poacher, i'd say a passenger for 80 minutes, not the type of player we need for a tough league like the Championship. We have just proved we are better team without Boyd by going on an 11 game unbeaten run co-incidently just as he moved to Forest on loan.

Haas & Flood recently left the club, so 2 off the wage bill already, Andrew Davies (Stoke), Tavares (Hamburg) and Paul Smith (Forest) back to there respective clubs, but on a bad note Digard comes back from Nice. We definately need to flog Digard, he'll still be on premiership wages (maybe another on the free if necessary). We may also see *Arca, Mcdonald and Lita looked at by other clubs , and to a lesser extent Emnes and Taylor (wages wont be very high so we can afford to keep them on) if Swansea win the playoffs i'd sense a bid in for Emnes, they loved him down there when he was on loan.

McDonald and Lita have showed good form at the end of the season and if we keep both of them we should be ok up top with those two, maybe get another striker in if we flog Boyd, but personally I would like to see Luke Williams or Jono Franks then given the chance in a 4-3-3 formation.

Mogga's defiantely the man to move Boro forward! If we can keep hold of some of our younger players (which he's already said thats our priority) we could be up there for the playoffs or dare I say it automatic promotion!
    For me we have to keep hold of Rhys Williams, he's been a revelation since back from injury, so nothing less than 6-7million. Matty Bates is solid and very good with the ball for a centre back when fit, one of the first names on the sheet. Young Joe Bennett what a find!!!!! (He'll be a prem player in the next year or two with Boro or not!) We need to keep the vultures off him!

It'll be interesting to see how Smallwood, Luke Williams, Cameron Park and Adam Reach progress next year. All 4 of them have massive massive potential!
    Also young Ben Gibson (actually Steve Gibsons nephew! haha) Bruno Pilatos and Andy Halliday will be about the first team, oh..nearly forgot Jono Franks will be back and fully fit! Haha nice one!

Parnaby rates them all very highly, and if he does, then thats enough to convince me!
    Just to run though some Dave Parnaby's brought through Stewart Downing, Adam Johnson, James Morrison, David Wheater, Lee Cattermole, Stuart Parnaby, Chris Brunt, Cameron Jerome and Danny Graham, (I could go on to name more players littered through championship and lower but I can't be arsed). Parnaby deserves a medal for services to football! Middlesbrough FC is now one of the most consistant academy's in England for producing good quality home-grown players.

Andrew Taylor and Tony Mac are looking confident, same with the whole squad really! They all look like they are enjoying the style of football we're playing, a million miles away from the passionless dross we suffered under Strachan.
    Strachan nearly got us relegated with his Scottish experiment! That said cant complain about Robson and Mcdonald. Thomsons looked good, been injured all season so not seen him fully fit yet. Mcmanus the same injured alot this season cant really judge him.

The futures looking up and I wouldn't be suprised if we had a few more bums back on seats next season (queue the 'what all 3 of you?' jokes, not like we havn't heard that 6 million times already, 10 points for originality there).

We're getting back to a club I can be proud of, we give our young lads a chance and most of them take to it like a duck to water! Breeds confidence for our future, what a day it will be if we can get promoted with a whole team of academy lads (well I can dream).

Up the Boro

and a merry **** you to anyone that doesn't like it!!!

2. Magooder

Magooder Member

Should post this on the OneBoro forums mate. We don't go on here.

Good post though. For me, keeping hold of Emnes, McDonald, and Thomson along with our academy youngsters is crucial.

Maybe Robson also because he adds that bit of experience we need and on his day can be one of the best midfielders in this division.

Roll on next season. Can't wait for it.

3. smogonthetoon

smogonthetoon New Member

Spot on !!! - possible post for whateva that site was where they will big up any decent forum post. nice one

4. smogonthetoon

smogonthetoon New Member

Newsnow !!! lol

5. glynnak

glynnak Member

good luck for next season

6. Stockton2Darl0