1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Opening EPL Fixtures Next Season...

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by NORWICHFANNOTON606, May 5, 2011.

1. I know the season isn't over yet, for us or those battling relegation in the Prem, but who would you hope to have our opening fixture against next season?

Personally, I hope the fixture list is kind and doesn't force us to play Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal or something consecutively. If we were to have to face them, and getting out with a point or two would probably be robbery, we could lose that winning mentality and shake our confidence.

I kind of hope for an "easier" game to get us going whilst we have that confidence still in us, could make a massive difference to how the season pans out overall.

Having said that, if you are in a relegation at the end of the season - you don't want the aforementioned either!!

Hopefully we open up at Home!

On the plus side, we are guranteed an extra round of FA Cup this year! <ok>

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Our last two opening fixtures, each in a promotion year, were both at home, and both ended in defeat, so who cares? Que sera sera

3. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

"Personally, I hope the fixture list is kind and doesn't force us to play Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal ".. How could you think of them muppets and not QPR. Are you sure?????

4. canary-dave

To be fair Andy, we're not sure they'll be there yet ;)

5. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

The only thing that I will be looking out for is to see if any your fans decide to throw their season tickets away half way through

6. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Dave it looks like nothing is going to be decided tomorrow
    Twitter post by LawFirmFootball

Decision on QPR to be made on Sunday, and on Saturday they will be awarded their well deserved trophy after the game... QPR, PL next season

Normally I would pay it no credence but Law Firm Football is a football agency run by Tom Curle. Son of Keith Curle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Curle

7. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

QPR at loftus road andy <ok>

8. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

No we want you away first game
    Keep your impressive starts to the season going

9. canary-dave

Only problem there Andy, you don't know how to score past us :)

10. True Dave, but we bounced back after the first game....simply stating that if we were to have to play the so called big 4 consecutively, it might be hard to bounce back with a win and continue Lambert's impressive record of not losing two matches in a row.

I'd take Q.P.R first game Andy, two even sides.

11. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

11 is an odd number
    Oh sorry i'm getting confused

12. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

when we got promoted in 2004, we played Palace at home first game, who also had come up. it ended 1-1. if i remember right, we had some tough games after that.

playing devils advocate, it might be good to get a hard game out of the way - look at this season, we had watford at home which we saw as an 'easy' game - with 5 or 6 new players in the team they hadn't gelled at all, and we lost as you will all remember. the same will probably happen next season with the new players, hopefully less than 5 or 6, so we may not be playing at our best.

13. Dazz19

Dazz19 Active Member

I'd happily take QPR first game of the season after all we're one of only three or four sides QPR were unable to beat this season

14. Very fair point Max, although we should have beat Palace that day - damn Johnson and his diving antics.

I don't mind if we have one of the bigger teams team, just not all of them in a row thanks.

Not that I really care, still can't believe that we are going back to the Premier League.........especially after watching that Colchester game on the first day of our League One campaign. BTW - those two that ripped up their tickets; what happened to them? Did they get banned and if so, for how long? Must be kicking themselves now.

15. colu_mike7

colu_mike7 Active Member

Everton 1 - 7 Norwich

Everton sack David Moyes and poach Paul Lambert.

Norwich go into free fall suffering back to back relegation's to League One. <bubbly><ok>

Up The U's.

16. canary-dave

Mikey - promise me faithfully you won't go away! You are our very own good luck charm, I'll see if Paul Lambert will put you on the payroll <ok>

17. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

i know that you guys may not like this... but i would love to have norwich away next season as the opener... going to carrow road on the first day the atmosphere between the chelsea and norwich fans would be electric and anything could happen! there is no way that im taking norwich away for granted... will be tough for any opposition...

18. canary-dave

Sounds good to me, we have to play everyone home and away eventually <ok>

19. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

on the subject of the opening day.... does anyone know when the fixture list comes out???

20. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Usually around the middle of June - was the 17th last year.