1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OO AAH QPR

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Next up, QPR H.

Wolves loss was very likely, fortunately Villa + Sheff Utd drew so at 50% season total, we're just the three points off the play offs. You never know, someone has to....

Didn't realise QPR were 18th, crikey. Feels like Reading H this, if we harbour any hopes of top 6 this term it feels very much vital to win.

Based on what I saw at Wolves, I feel we can win this. 2-1 town. COYB.

Looks like will be more in attendance based on the seat map than Reading H so that's good! ( not hard ) 18.500 I'll say.

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Not surprised about the Wolves result, but at least we didn't roll over. Sounds like we actually had a half decent performance which will hopefully carry over against QPR. Watching this one in lower North Stand with my girlfriend's dad, so should be entertaining (we did so last year in that Boxing Day defeat to Fulham).

If we want to stay where we are and challenge top six, then this one is a must win game for me. QPR are inconsistent but have notched some decent victories lately. I think we have enough to get three points in front of a crowd that will hopefully creep into the 20k mark? Optimistic I know.

1-0 Town win, Celina to score.

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Think we'll win this 2-1

4. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas fellow Townies! Going to the game tomorrow so hope they put in a good performance, should be better than last boxing day against Fulham at least! I’ll go for 3-2

5. Westlake33

THAT LINE UP !!!!!!!!

LOT of weight on Connolly's shoulders, no idea why Freddy is starting.

GWAN Bish - you have your chance to shine...

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Very attack-minded, nice flourishes from both teams. Home vantage should see us over the line. Get one in soon, and off we will go...

3-0!

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

Poor old Bish, dear oh dear, our injuries go on, 8th midfielder out for lengthy spells since September.

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Come on Ipswich!

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Fading away, we need a goal and quick. Nowt for crowd to give that Boxing Day roar!

10. Southcoastoldgaffer

Thin squad now, and one or two playing out of position. And lets not forget, not an excuse this if it stays a draw, that QPR are playing well above their league position.

Bursts of excitements. But disappointed we have not really gone for it big time.....we need 3 pts!

11. Southcoastoldgaffer

I miss those Boxing Day games, but, I spose one positive is that our defense is solid and playing well. Maybe, we will see a Springtime gold run with our midfield strong and with at least 2 players back from injury.

Happy New year my friends!

12. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

That was crap.
    We've had some terrible reffing in our last few games, the standard overall has been poor this season.
    A few players were a waste of space today, Sears, Ward and Garner stick out but I'm going to rag on Bart. He's so frustrating, I seem to say it every week. He holds on to the ball too long. I'm a big fan of 'keepers who release the ball early after an opposition attack. Bart grabs the ball and looks like he's going to pass it out by hand but then ends up bouncing the ball on the ground whilst everyone gets back into position. He then kicks it up field and we lose possession. That happened a lot today and it bugs the crap out of me. Iorfa played well, I like him when he attacks. He gets into some good positions.

Game needed freshening up in the second half as it had gone stagnant but the sub came too late to make a difference. We could only make the one sub after the forced change for Bish 'cos we had three bloody defenders on the bench! QPR weren't that good but then neither were we. Our 'style' of play makes other teams look much better than they are simply because our ball retention and passing accuracy is ****.

13. Castro Sito

Sitting in a gridlocked car park outside PR... 2 words for that performance and tactics... pi55 poor

14. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Poor, flat performance with a half solid defence and an attack that looked disjointed and devoid of inspiration today. Completely agreed with San Diego regarding Bart's slow distribution and highlighting the likes of Sears, Bishop, and Garner. Waghorn and McGoldrick looked fairly decent in that they tried to make something happened. Disagree regarding Iorfa. Thought he had an average second half but his first half performance was very poor, constantly caught out of position and squandered possession on several occasions.

Celina on the bench was a strange decision, but refusing to bring him on until six minutes remaining is a fitting snapshot for how McCarthy's stubborness is holding us back. The ironic cheers that went round when he was finally brought on was the highlight of the match.

Spanish likes this.
  15. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Merry Xmas Mick,that was sh1te,I'd have had more entertainment staying at home in the warm watching The Sound Of Music with the missus.
    Echo what SD and Nuggets say about Bart's distribution,but then if it was any better another Club would probably have come in for by now.So frustrated that Celina was stripped off and ready to go way before Mick finally deigned to bring him on which was a joke given how little Sears had done.Special mention for Ward again,he's obviously had his good half for the Season against Wolves as he was back to his usual ineffectual self.
    The only small (and it was very small) consolation was that QPR looked equally as dreadful and squandered the couple of chances we gifted them.
    Mick out,now!

16. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Typical MM sticking 2 fingers up at the fans, the guy is an absolute ✊

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  17. Westlake33

Yeah sounded gash today. Not impressed.

18. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Thank God I went Horse Racing instead!!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  19. Castro Sito

So frustrating that. Celina coming on with 5 mins left after he’d warmed up for 15 definitely seemed like Mick was letting the fans know who’s boss.

20. Southcoastoldgaffer

Just reckon I am glad again that I didnt and cant drive 6 hrs to watch all this misery!

Someone let me know when I can come out of hibernation and make the big effort!

The pity is, it seems that with a few fresh faces, injury nightmares managed and somehow improved fitness/ recuperation/training methods, a new younger less old school manager, a couple of new signings, and total change of tactics, and we could actually maximise our existing squad's potential and compete in the top 6.

Dream on old gaffer!