1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Only Barry Tiger Will Be Honest Enough To Say He Remembers This!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

The day Clayton Moore, who starred as The Lone Ranger visited Cardiff...and the Howells store! He was launching his film The City Of Lost Gold (or something like that)...at the Gala cinema. Just look how popular he was, amazing crowds...I was just a little arse back then, before I developed into what I am today pals!

8E0F70E5-1C79-4B5B-941F-5E7CF110037A.jpeg

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A big arse?

FrankfurterBlue likes this.
  3. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

You couldn’t get a ticket to watch this, if you could afford one.....never got to see my hero....but then Gregg Farrell came to town!

4. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Sparkey...great minds and all that!!!!
    But aren't we lucky to have Masky to keep us entertained through the long summer months. And he takes it all in good humour.

whiffletree, Masky and Oldsparkey like this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

He's got very little choice..........<laugh>

6. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

If you look just behind the no entry sign I was standing there with my mother,the lone ranger was my hero in those days used to go to the Saturday matinee in the cecil cinema in treforest to see my heroes the lone ranger and the three stooges,armed with my pea shooter,i remember my mother shouting were have all the dried peas gone,sorry to say they were in the cecil cinema after bouncing off someones head,great memories.Also I remember one saterday I bought a gob stopper in the small sweet shop near the cinema and nearly choked on the bloody thing how I got in my mouth I don't know ,but I think I broke the sucking record to get the bloody thing out of my mouth.

Barry Tiger likes this.
  7. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

William5551, great memories...gob stopper, pea shooter hitting someone’s head, why you must be older than BT even? I Know BFB, his partner in time is economical with the truth about his age. Me, at 57...I will not lie about such trivia! As records the sucking record pal....no contest....Doris or Doh, as she likes to be called wins that one tits up! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Great film Wink!<party>Notice has quickly Sparkey reacted to Masky’s little fishie being dangled....gets him every time Wannky!

8. william5551

I don't mind you knowing my age I am 72 and proud of it.

Masky likes this.
  9. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Great memories of watching The Lone Ranger back home in Belfast as a youngster. Hitting 68 this year but have only been a Bluebird supporter since I moved here 40 years ago! Seen a lot of drama over that time both with Tonto's sidekick and following the city through the different leagues. I must admit I'm getting a wee bit excited for the season to come and yes I'll take 4th from bottom now. :biggrin:

10. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Fug me Irish pal, pushing 68 is a fair old age in these times....don’t be getting too excited though! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Winky says congratulations IB! <party>What a nice fella Wannky!

11. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

You are right to be proud William5551, I’m proud too.....wonder if you’re older than BT? :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>What a magnificent age eh? <party>Yeah, but no wonder he does so well on the prediction league....it’s not fair!

12. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Holy ****...is there anyone on this board who is younger than, say, 55???? The average age of the last four posters is 62!!!!

13. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Had a calculator in a lucky bag eh FB? Don’t suppose you remember 3d Lucky Bags pal? :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>And Sherbert Dabs Winky <party>and my favourite Jubbly’s....wow!

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Well Furter, I was 60 last September (and bought myself a nice birthday present which I'm not allowed to mention on the Wurzel forum) - and if Masky is only 57, I'm really 106.....<laugh>

15. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

The visit of the Lone Ranger is before my time. At 57 I remember going to the County Cinema on Newport Rd for the kids show on a Saturday morning. I can recall watching Zorro and The Black Whip. No idea who played either but the Black Whip was a woman in black with a whip. :D

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

It might have been Doris.

FrankfurterBlue likes this.
  17. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Hope you got a card from the Queen, although I bet you know a few pal! How do you do it....<laugh> and another one for being cheeky! <laugh>

<party>Masky got him again Winks!<party>Gets him every time dude!

18. william5551

Its retired in France that helps with good fresh air lovely people and the food and wine,swimming in the pool and then with plenty of time on my hands studying the football form,but next year is going to be in my opinion a lot easier to predict,and if as they say its bournmouth In our first game I predict 0-0.

19. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I’m retired in Llandaff Will pal, fresh air crap, **** people...food from chippy...wine £4 bottle from Lidl, no time to even think! No time for studying football, hence position in league, even beaten by Dai this year! Get me a life FFS! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Masky a bit down! <party>Think Sparkey hurt his emotions!

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

What, retired at 57?.......<laugh>

Llandaff eh? Did you ever use the toilet block on the edge of Pontcanna Fields - I understand the Bishop used to go there in the 70's for some recreation..<whistle>

Was briefly involved in the refurbishment of said bogs back then - I installed the cameras......<laugh>